Sponsored by:

Raced a newer cobra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 02:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by jparch
how does a guy driving a convertible cobra get on this site??? my response to your essay my friend is blah,blah,blah.
https://mbworld.org/forums/members/13831-mogussin.html

He'll be the first to tell you that my car will smoke him in every aspect.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CLS63
Originally Posted by dgussin1
https://mbworld.org/forums/members/13831-mogussin.html

He'll be the first to tell you that my car will smoke him in every aspect.
any word yet on who i raced???

thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 PM

07 S65
I've been in the automotive business for years, i don't care what you bolt to a mustang it is still a piece of crap, likewise for any corvette (my dad had a few ). there is more engineering in a mercedes door handle than the entire mustang line-up.......
What does all that engineering get us??? The worst quality in the auto industry. I love my car but, it's a 90k car! You have no clue what you're talking about. Don't bash a car that is a fraction of the cost of ours. The Mustang Cobra is one of the best bang for the buck cars out there and it's almost bullit proof. If you knew anything, you would know that. dgussin1, this guy does not represent all E55 owners, just the jackasses.

Derrick
Old 05-24-2005, 07:47 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by housclass
any word yet on who i raced???

thanks
naw...my buddie never called me back. I'll give him another ring tonight. He said that there is a good chance that he'll find out.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:53 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by DJe55
What does all that engineering get us??? The worst quality in the auto industry. I love my car but, it's a 90k car! You have no clue what you're talking about. Don't bash a car that is a fraction of the cost of ours. The Mustang Cobra is one of the best bang for the buck cars out there and it's almost bullit proof. If you knew anything, you would know that. dgussin1, this guy does not represent all E55 owners, just the jackasses.

Derrick
I feel you bro...I get it from most of the more "lux" car owners...funny thing is I have friends that have 996 turbos and ferrari's but still putt around in 03-04 cobras when they wanna have some fun. People judge the book by it's cover way too many times. I would say the same thing goes with the S2000, Evo and the STi...they are all great cars, but people don't give them a chance because they are not German or Italian.

Just like you are saying these cobras are nearly bulletproof...I would say our shortblock is good until around 650rwhp and then some better pistons will be in order. Keeping these things cool is also a good route to go after. The cooler you keep the engine, the more HP you can throw at it.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
the problem with all you big-mouth V8 owners is that your car is king. I made a simple point and the only way to respond to that statement was for you to use foul language right away. No i am not just an E55 owner, i also own an RX-7 turbo that would SMOKE you, a prime example of Japanese engineering. why dont you do some research of the RX-7 rotary monsters that pump v8s all day long on tracks all over the world!!!!! btw i run 28psi on my beast on 94 octane !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:51 AM

07 S65
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about! You have an RX-7 that runs? Where do you live? Go and get your RX-7 and as many other RX-7's that you can find in your area that are willing to got to the drag strip. I would bet that you can find twice as many Mustangs that are faster than any of your RX-7's. Pick up a Mustang magazine and look at what those cars are running in the 1/4 on street tires. Oh yeah, don't forget that Mazda is owned and run by "Ford Motor Company"! The same company that builds that piece of crap Mustang that has only been around longer than anything else out there, other than the other piece of crap you mentioned. Like I said, pick up a magazine and you will see the facts. All you are doing is talking sh*t with nothing to back it up.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E63S wagon, 2016 GLE350d, GLE450 on order
You have absolutely no clue.

1st - the rotary was developed when mazda was 100% japanese ( not owned by Ford as they are today)

2nd - You have no idea of what these cars run and the power they produce, do your own research......
Old 05-25-2005, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Didn't this start with a story about racing a newer Cobra? Didn't the author give the guy/car it's due? All this other B/S. is
Old 05-25-2005, 09:12 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG

1st - the rotary was developed when mazda was 100% japanese ( not owned by Ford as they are today)

2nd - You have no idea of what these cars run and the power they produce, do your own research......
I believe that Wankel was a German. It was refined by Mazda.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:09 PM

07 S65

The only rotary motor that makes any horsepower is in the RX-7 that was released in 93 (I think that year is correct, I could be wrong). Ford owned over 33% of Mazda and had management control over the company at that time. No, they didn't engineer the car or motor, I am just stating a fact that it was not 100% Japanese. That's not my argument. I was just saying that Ford owned Mazda. Also, I do have and idea what these cars can run and the power they produce. That's why I challenged you! Just as I knew would happend, you produced nothing. I'm not putting down the RX-7 the way you did the Mustang. I think it's an awesome car and I always liked it but, look back at the year 93. The Mustang was almost 1/2 the price of that RX7 just as today it's less than half our E55's.