W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few interesting telephone survey's lately...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
A few interesting telephone survey's lately...

I usually hang up on telemarketers as soon as they start stumbling to pronounce my last name. A couple of weeks ago I get one of these calls and before I hang up I hear the guy say "luxury automobiles". Sure, what the hell I say. He starts off with the typical "what do you drive", etc. Funny thing was that that same day I had gone to a Maserati dealer to see the Quatroporte in person (it's also a Ferrari dealer) and was reading the Quatro. brouchure when he called. After a while he started to ask a series of questions based on Porsche, Jaguar, and Maserati. Towards the end almost every question was about Maserati: What I knew, seen any ads, would I buy one, etc. etc. I said to the guy "I guess Maserati hired you guys, huh?" He laughed.

Got an even better call yesterday. PHone rings, wife answers I hear her say "hold on". She gives me the phone and says "one of the car survey's you seem to love". The lady starts off by saying the survey is for "specialized car owners". Asks what I have. Then asks which manufacturers specialized divisions i'm familiar with: "AMG, M, etc." Went thru all the usual questions: likes, dislikes on int., ext., why I b ought it, what else I looked at etc. Check out this question: "Have you or do you plan to Mod your car"!!! Now, my wife doesn't know about the Renntech stuff so i'm kinda talking in code! "done", I say. What were the mods she asks. So I say crankshaft pulley and ECU. She is obvioulsy looking over a checklist for different mods. It was pretty funny. Then she asks if I could build my own car would it be sedan, sports, or SUV. I say sedan and she asks about the engine: 8, 10, or 12 cy. Next she asks about the tranny: auto, manual, or steering wheel buttons. I tell her steering wheel buttons, but make it real and more than a gimmick, please. Real F1 paddles would be nice. I mean she asked about brakes, handling, and then a whole bunch of options that I rated: don't need, would be nice, or must have. Took a good 45 minutes but was kind of cool. Different than the typical car survey i've taken. My wife thought I was nuts, but what else is new.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:08 PM

2002 MB E55 AMG
"My wife thought I was nuts, but what else is new."

Looking forward to Lime Rock -

TJC

Last edited by tjcMBE55AMG; 05-25-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:26 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Got a call last night from the same group seeking "specialized car owners" input. Finished by asking if I'd participate in online surveys w/ aftermarket stuff as incentives. My wife would think I was nuts, too - fortunately she was out of town.