Air conditioning problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by baubaulu
i had a exprience about the smell. Last time, i found a smell like a cat, and i opened the front cover. I saw a dead cat stuck in the engine. I clened it and no more smell.
You crack me up...LOL!
Old 06-04-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
I had a similar problem recently. My AC smelled of wet socks when it was first turned on. I mentioned it to my Service Advisor and she said there is a filter behind the glove box that sometimes picks up oders and changed it. Cured the problem completely. Took just a few minutes. I don't know if the filter is charcoal but it functions the same.

BTW I have an early 05 E55 (July) and I have a rest button which I use every day.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:42 AM

E350 Sport Package
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vetluver
I had a similar problem recently. My AC smelled of wet socks when it was first turned on. I mentioned it to my Service Advisor and she said there is a filter behind the glove box that sometimes picks up oders and changed it. Cured the problem completely. Took just a few minutes. I don't know if the filter is charcoal but it functions the same.

BTW I have an early 05 E55 (July) and I have a rest button which I use every day.

I am from Hong Kong. I also have the smell like you in my other BMW, and MB. The service advisor advised me to buy a special cleaner and no needed to change the filter in the Air Conditioner. (Actually i dont konw the name in english, and i think it is a local product.). Now it is much better. No more smell. This smell specialy happens in summer.
Attached Thumbnails Air conditioning problem-pict0045.jpg  
Old 06-05-2005, 06:38 AM

03 E500
Originally Posted by baubaulu
I am from Hong Kong. I also have the smell like you in my other BMW, and MB. The service advisor advised me to buy a special cleaner and no needed to change the filter in the Air Conditioner. (Actually i dont konw the name in english, and i think it is a local product.). Now it is much better. No more smell. This smell specialy happens in summer.
I know what that is...the American version of it is Fabreeze.