Old 06-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I say you get both!
Old 06-06-2005, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
osborn racing

Does the osborn racing tuner have a website? If so, what is the address please.

thanks,
Old 06-06-2005, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M5
Originally Posted by williws
Does the osborn racing tuner have a website? If so, what is the address please.

thanks,
I'm not sure if they do or not, but I just sent you a PM with their contact information.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by darren_dallas
Yes. They gas it and change gears. Make sure you put it in dyno mode.
Sorry to sound dumb : how do you put it in dyno mode?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:32 AM

'06 M5
Originally Posted by Rafal
Sorry to sound dumb : how do you put it in dyno mode?
Rafal,

Here you go:

For Dyno mode:

To Enable -
1. Make sure temp is displayed on screen
2. Insert key into ignition
3. Turn key until dummy lights (all the extra lights on the dash) are on
4. Turn key until all lights are off
5. Turn key back to first click
6. Press mileage (reset) button on left-side of dash 3 times fast (sometimes you have to press it again 3 times if the voltage does not display on the dash)
7. Use page up/down keys on left-side of steering until "Dyno" is displayed on dash
8. use +/- keys to turn "on" dyno mode
9. Start engine with key

To Disable -
1. With car off, go to Dyno screen using page up/down keys on left-side of steering wheel
2. Turn key until dummy lights turn on
3. Change Dyno setting to off using +/- key
4. Turn off car

Cheers,

Darren
Old 06-07-2005, 09:41 AM

07 S65
ERINIC, I have neither of these mods so I'm not an expert. I will have a set of headers on my car this coming winter. I just have an issue with spending the money on LSD when both wheels are spinning now. Don't understand how we are getting more performance there? Maybe it's stronger but, it's not making the tires turn any faster. I have road race radials on my car without LSD and I have as good of a 60' number as any of the modded cars on here and my car is bone stock. Save your money with the LSD, buy the headers and DR or Road Course radials. Dyno numbers have proved that the headers give you more power, I haven't seen anything that says that LSD will improve your 60' times. I know Derek had some improvements but I will be willing to bet his improvements are from the DR's and not the LSD. I've never heard anyone say they have too much horsepower.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by DJe55
ERINIC, I have neither of these mods so I'm not an expert. I will have a set of headers on my car this coming winter. I just have an issue with spending the money on LSD when both wheels are spinning now. Don't understand how we are getting more performance there? Maybe it's stronger but, it's not making the tires turn any faster. I have road race radials on my car without LSD and I have as good of a 60' number as any of the modded cars on here and my car is bone stock. Save your money with the LSD, buy the headers and DR or Road Course radials. Dyno numbers have proved that the headers give you more power, I haven't seen anything that says that LSD will improve your 60' times. I know Derek had some improvements but I will be willing to bet his improvements are from the DR's and not the LSD. I've never heard anyone say they have too much horsepower.

Derrick,

I copied this from the Kleemann USA site on what they have seen when testing our cars. I am not a expert, but everything they have said so far has been right on

KLEEMANN Limited Slip Differential (LSD)

Better grip - Faster acceleration

The KLEEMANN Limited Slip Differential is available for all Mercedes-Benz models fitted with a "large housing" differential case. This means all models with V8-, V12-engine and the new SL 65.

V8 & V12 Mercedes-Benz models
Overflow of engine power is no good if it cannot be transferred into wheel traction. Therefore, KLEEMANN has developed a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) with a 60 percent locking mechanism, which means that the mechanical devise applies a 60 percent lock-up ratio between the two drive wheels. In contrast to a standard ESP-system a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) is a very sporty and high-performance approach to control wheel spin thereby improving the car's traction.

At no time will only one wheel receive all the engine's power, and by powering both drive wheels at the same time, the engine acceleration power is distributed more evenly, hence reducing wheel spin and in the end lowering acceleration times significantly.

Using the KLEEMANN Limited Slip Differential (LSD) gives an immediate result. Testing has shown that a Mercedes-Benz 55 AMG will drop as much as 0.3 second to 100 km/h with this modification alone!

Last edited by 04E55 AMG; 06-07-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:52 PM

2004 E55 Black Navi Kleemann Stage 1 & LSD, Brabus Mono VI, pedals and lighted sills, JL sub.
Thank you for all the replies - I'm still not certain of my next choice. I am enjoying my K1 right now - it feels as if the beast has awakened and has more pep to his step. No rush for the next mod. I'm going to the track tomorrow so I'll post my new times afterwards.