Another satisfied MBenzNL customer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Another satisfied MBenzNL customer

Well, I figured I'd post some pics of my car after Steve dropped in and lowered it after finishing up a Factory NAV install (M-B NAV is worthless, I should have done Euro COMAND instead ). Steve suggested I lower 3/4" in front and 1/2" in the rear, due to the gap in the rear being slightly smaller as the wheel arches are lower if lowered evenly. However, I followed my instincts of lowering it 3/4" all around, since I believe that the handling might be adversly affected if lowered unevenly, taking into account weight transfer and the nose heaviness of our cars. Just personal preference. Regardless, it's amazing how much of a difference 3/4" makes, IMO. Anyway, here are some before (hope Daniel @ VIP doesn't mind me using his pic) and after pics:
(The Corolla isn't mine. My friend swapped with me since he wanted to drive it and I needed some work done to it. So he did some maintenance and I let him drive it. Pretty fair swap, I'd say)
Attached Thumbnails Another satisfied MBenzNL customer-medici78e55stock.jpg   Another satisfied MBenzNL customer-medici78e55dropped.jpg  

Last edited by medici78; 06-10-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
looks sweet... It really makes a big difference.. It makes much more of a difference looking at it in real life..
Old 06-10-2005, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
OK I know I'm in the minority here but these lowered cars look to me like the airmatic has failed.... and the car is too low.....
Old 06-10-2005, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Originally Posted by corgiman
OK I know I'm in the minority here but these lowered cars look to me like the airmatic has failed.... and the car is too low.....
Depends on your point of view. If you're used to 4x4's and SUV's I guess I see your point. :p However, on a proper sports sedan, I find the factory ride height to be ridiculously tall. If I wanted a taller vehicle, I'd have bought an ML or G-Wagen.
Its not as low as you'd think. The drop is still relatively conservative if you compare to the amount you typically get with lowering springs on conventional suspensions. Best of all, it's still within Mercedes-Benz specs, and some cars can still go even lower. Believe me, if the Airmatic failed, it would be a lot lower than what you've seen. The lowering modules drop it a lot more to that degree than what I've done to mine, but those are just tricking the computer and, in many instances, can ride unevenly. Steve mentioned that the cars in Europe and the rest of the world are typically delilvered with lower ride heights than we get in the States, which I wouldn't doubt. How else do you explain that the cars can be lowered to this degree without exceeding M-B specs?
Anyone with Airmatic who wants a more aggressive looking E, really owes it to themselves (and their cars) to do this simple lowering method.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I agree w/you on lowering the airmatic, it's amazing what a difference 3/4" can make I also agree on getting Steve do the work!! He installed my Bi-xenons I have multiple other mods and ideas for mods I'm disscussing w/Steve and Wanda...They're a valuable resource
Old 06-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by medici78
I should have done Euro COMAND instead
...next time...

It was nice meeting you Isaac...thanks for flying me to El Paso.

greetingz,