W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now if Benz has said no to CLS65.....then I guess no E63/65??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Now if Benz has said no to CLS65.....then I guess no E63/65??

They definitely are working on a new exciting motor for us E guys.....you think he is talking about the new N/A or the new motor-of-death. I think (and pray) the latter.

STUTTGART, GERMANY — Rumors and reports are circulating that Mercedes is working on a second AMG high-performance version of its new CLS-Class sedan: a CLS65 AMG, which would reportedly crank out over 600 horsepower. However, a Mercedes spokesperson said in a recent phone interview with Inside Line that the company is "definitely not" developing such a vehicle. Mercedes already offers the CLS55 AMG sedan.

Excluding the SLR McLaren supercar, the 65 AMG cars — the SL65 AMG convertible, CL65 AMG coupe and S65 AMG sedan — represent the pinnacle of Mercedes performance and exclusivity. Those models produce over 600 hp and base prices in the $170,000 to $180,000 range.

However, Mercedes is working on a new engine for its 55 AMG cars. The spokesperson said the arrival of the new power plant is more than a year away. When asked if Mercedes is planning an AMG version of its forthcoming R-Class SUV, she said "it wouldn't be a stretch" to assume Mercedes would make such a model.

When the R-Class goes on sale this fall, it will have two trim levels: the 268-hp R350 and the 302-hp R500. Down the road, more engine options will arrive, but not within the model's first year on the market. The spokesperson did not have information about other engine options that might become available in the future.

What this means to you: AMG is a winner with performance enthusiasts and with DaimlerChrysler shareholders. It looks like no over-the-top 65 AMG cars are in the works, but a new engine for the 55 AMG cars is an exciting development.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Hope they do !

I have owned my 03 W211 E55 for almost 2 years now and I hope there is more for us in the future in more powerful engines. I do not care if is Twin Turbo or Supercharged (I really doubt they can surpass the new M Motor with N/A). I just want to one up the Guys over at M again. I'm sure AMG will not take their V10's sitting down.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by deaguero
I have owned my 03 W211 E55 for almost 2 years now and I hope there is more for us in the future in more powerful engines. I do not care if is Twin Turbo or Supercharged (I really doubt they can surpass the new M Motor with N/A). I just want to one up the Guys over at M again. I'm sure AMG will not take their V10's sitting down.
Sounds like it is time for a Kleemann K2/K3 upgrade. You will smoke any M that comes your way