W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Picking up a new E55 next week...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2005 | 09:31 PM

Picking up a new E55 next week...

Hi,

My wife is picking up her new 2005 E55 next week. Since I am suppose assist with my extensive car experience, I am hoping to get some cheat notes from the forum.

What should I look for? If anything ?
What mileage should the car be at?

Etc.....

Any advice would be appreciated.

Andrew
Old 06-23-2005 | 09:39 PM

2004 E55
Mine had 39 mi. I didn't really know what to look for though. Do a visual inspection to see if anything is scratched, etc. They should demo it for you and cover just about all of the electronics/accesories.
Old 06-24-2005 | 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
I think I had 9 miles. Look at the finish inside and out. Now is the time to find those little scratches. Anything that's not cosmetic they'll have to fix anyway.
Old 06-24-2005 | 02:46 AM

Try to have all paperwork done the day before your car is scheduled to arrive. They will not ask you to sign-off just yet because the car is not available for delivery. They will print all forms and try to sell you everything under the sun in the finance room, so buy what you must- if at all. You can sign the forms while the PDI is being done. This will allow you to do the following:

1. Try to make the proper arrangements in order for you to be there when the car arrives.

2. Watch them take it off the truck and follow the car to the pre-inspection area (before it goes to the PDI guy).

3. The car should come covered in a white wrapping material. The pre-inspection guy will take all the wrapping off and then put your hood star on and wash the car. He may have to apply some wax in some areas where the wrapping may leave some streaks. If you purchase the wax protection "rip-off" thing, then this will be done after PDI, just before you are to officially inspect the car.

4. Pay special attention to the side mirrors. Mine came with plastic covers over the mirrors and the personnel seemed to be most concerned about scratches on them than any other part of the car.

5. The most important thing to me was for them NOT to mount the front plate. If they do, they will have to drill holes in your front bumper.

6. The dealer would not allow me to be there for the PDI.

If all is well when the car comes back from the PDI, do your final inspection and drive off.