W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone go aftermarket touch screen dvd...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone go aftermarket touch screen dvd...

just put in a panasonic touchscreen dvd for my dakota. for 1300 you get a 7" screen with xm. all touch screen controls and the installer made it so the dvd would work when you are driving. seems like a very cost effective comand yet im not sure about the cheese factor in a bnz. i mainly want it for xm to listen to o&a and dont want the aftermarket clunky install of an xm piggy back unit. what say u?
Old 06-25-2005, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C63 AMG 507
Sounds nice. No cheese at all. I think they are awesome. Ironically, mine is in the audio shop right now for a DVD conversion, not touch screen though. Same head unit, and the DVD's play in the single disc slot. He replaces the "SAT" button with a "Video" button. He made me such a deal on the headrest monitors, I had to do that too. Should be done Tuesday night. He is also adding another amp, and upgrading the front door and A pillar speakers. Should sound pretty good Dude, are there any mods left for your car, seems like you have just about everything! Gives us all something to aspire to.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen it done, but you lose the steering wheel controls and you'd have to build some sort of bracket since the Benz COMAND opening isn't a DIN size slot.

I've seen in Japan, instead of COMAND, they have a dual DIN unit. Maybe you'd be able to find those brackets and you can put any DVD deck you wanted to.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Sounds sweet Mike....can you post some pics when you can.