W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey E55 dudes....opinions on new Corvette Z06? How would E55 do vs Vette?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by Vetluver
I think everyone should own an E55 and a Vette. Completely different experiences and both are great. After spending $20k on mods in 15 years I can truely say I love my Vette, but I can't put my family with all their stuff and go to Florida on vacation in it.

I agree, everyone should have an E55 and Vette I have a '03 C5 Z06 and take it on long road trips, even with a 6pt rollbar in it. With 550rwhp, it still gets over 25mpg on the superslab, the only downside is a little noisy interior. My kids are in school, so it's just the wife and me, so our luggage fits just fine

I think the reason so many compare the E55 and Z06 is the fact that they're the pinnacle of performance in their respective categories. Just like all of the car guys shooting for the Hayabusa as their performance target when talking about racing motorcycles.

Originally Posted by enzom
The answer to each question is "no", except maybe on the "prestige" issue. Prestige is a little vague. Moreover, most people don't notice our E55's from the thousands of garden variety E320s and E350's on our roads. A knowledgeable car enthusiast that knows what our E55's are will also know, and admire, what the Z06 is. But if you are buying a Z06, you are doing it for different reasons anyway.

Paying $75-100k for a GM vehicle is difficult for most people to swallow, given GM's reputation as the McDonalds of the auto world. But as a flagship performance vehicle, the Z06 (or maybe Blue Devil), would be a big feather in GM's cap.