Sponsored by:

Detailing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Detailing...

Anyone from the Vancouver, B.C area knows of a shop that does good detailing. I want to have my car waxed (properly), detailed, interior cleaned, etc. I want to find one that can clean under the hood too-that knows what they are doing. It's quite dirty under the hood.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series Coupe
Detailing: San Francisco/North Bay?

Finding a good detailer must be one of the most difficult things in the world for picky SOBs like me. I can recommend a fantastic guy in the Wine Country (Santa Rosa, north of San Francisco) but am desperately trying to find someone closer to me. I live 25 minutes north of the GG Bridge in Marin County. For such a fancy place -- with so many fancy cars -- you'd think there would be a lot of good detailers. But NOOOOOOOO...

Beware the car wash, even the ones that claim to do everything by hand. My next-door neighbor just got a very expensive repair estimate for his BMW 745i; seems the local hand car-wash -- which is supposed to be very good -- damaged his suspension and badly scraped the inside of his driver's side wheels. Although they do everything by hand they drive the car's tires inside a pair of rails, which help guide the car through the wash. If the car is not perfectly lined up you can easily end up with damage. The wheel damage I understand, but he has bent suspension pieces! If he weren't a very careful driver I'd suspect bad driving, but he's 100% positive the damage came from this car wash...