W211 E Class / E55 CF Hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by houston
I have problems with the checkout since it asks for STATE and ZIP. In Canada it's PROVINCE and POSTAL CODE. It would not allow me to goto the next screen.
Thanks for letting me know. I just took care of that. Try it again and let me know. Just enter your postal code under zip also. It should not make you select a state now.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Done deal for me. Now I have to wait...Once we get the 15 heads, is there a way we can get names of the first six? I can't wait for my silver cf
Old 08-15-2005, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Thanks for letting me know. I just took care of that. Try it again and let me know. Just enter your postal code under zip also. It should not make you select a state now.

This is what I get now by clicking on the link you provided.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Done deal for me. Now I have to wait...Once we get the 15 heads, is there a way we can get names of the first six? I can't wait for my silver cf

Yeah sure, i will be able to give you a list of the first 6 once i get them. I can tell you that you are 1 of the first 6 though!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
This is what I get now by clicking on the link you provided.

Thats fine. Go ahead and click start new session. And retry it again.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
I have problems with the checkout since it asks for STATE and ZIP. In Canada it's PROVINCE and POSTAL CODE. It would not allow me to goto the next screen.
In Australia it's State and Postal Code, what chance do I have?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Rafal
In Australia it's State and Postal Code, what chance do I have?

Thats fine it will work.

Also for everyone out of the US. Please also put the full address in the special insructions/comments box along with your MBworld user ID.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:16 AM

04 E55
Thats fine it will work.

Also for everyone out of the US. Please also put the full address in the special insructions/comments box along with your MBworld user ID.
I forgot to do that part!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
I forgot to do that part!
Thats fine, i got everything for you ok. Don't worry about it.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I really do want the hood but I need to see what the product will look and fit like before I buy it. I also want to make sure it can be painted and the paint will not be off from factory.

The fact that it is a non-refundable deposit stops me at this point. I will wait until the first 6 are made and then commit to purchase in the next batch if everything turns out ok.

Sorry, but I dont want to end up with something I might not be happy with.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Guys i just fixed the link again. I somehow was having problems with it. If for some reason it does not work again, please let me know.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E55
I'm in the same boat as vrus. I'll wait and see.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
We are up to 5 prepaid orders right now for the hood. Hopefully all payments will be received by the end of the week.

Also, the hoods are only going to be made if we get the 15 people. If you are one of the first 6 to receive it that's fine. But if we don't get the 15 prepaid orders nothing is happening. Also, I cannot guarantee these hoods will be offered any other time. We are possibly going to do this as a one of creation and after the group buy is done, we may not make the hoods again.

vrus, I am afraid I still do not know what you mean by paint on the hood? The hood is going to come unpainted. But you can have it pained if you wish. It will accept paint just like an OEM hood. Also, it will fit EXACTLY like an OEM hood. Just like no one wants to be upset when the receive it. I do not want to sell something and have un happy customers. With me being a perfectionist, I will not let them continue till the hood is just as good as OEM quality. The hood will look just like my buddy's CF hood on his C32. Same finish and same quality. Only with the exact Brabus hood vents. His hood is painted on the sides to match his car and fades into the silver CF. The paint is just like the paint on the stock hood.

Note on these pics the hood is not un even, the hood is aligned, and the grill and everything around the headlights looks OEM.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
that car looks familiar
Old 08-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah it's in your sig too. That's weird!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
that car looks familiar

what are the chances you we both happen to find a pic of a silver C32 with a CF hood? :p
Old 08-16-2005, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Well, then I'm number 6, because I just slammed down my $580!!! Please confirm!

As for the rest of you... come on! You have one of the most deviously fast cars on the planet. It is rarer than you think, and most people will never ever be able to own one, let alone drive one. Making it even crazier... improving on one of the best... is fun, even when its a little risky. It's also a relatively small amount compared to what you paid for the car and the other mods you guys are doing.... while the return is potentially much greater. You only live once.

Since I just did the washer trick for lowering (with loctite, it ain't going anywhere), I feel like I just got the bargain of the century... so I'm not going to lose sleep over this no matter which way it goes...

Loren
Old 08-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by 1Ender1
Well, then I'm number 6, because I just slammed down my $580!!! Please confirm!

As for the rest of you... come on! You have one of the most deviously fast cars on the planet. It is rarer than you think, and most people will never ever be able to own one, let alone drive one. Making it even crazier... improving on one of the best... is fun, even when its a little risky. It's also a relatively small amount compared to what you paid for the car and the other mods you guys are doing.... while the return is potentially much greater. You only live once.

Since I just did the washer trick for lowering (with loctite, it ain't going anywhere), I feel like I just got the bargain of the century... so I'm not going to lose sleep over this no matter which way it goes...

Loren

Yes! you sure are #6!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
C/F Hood Communal Buyer's Remorse

It looks like 10 of the 15 names in this group buy are experiencing a severe case of buyer's remorse with a touch of credit card jitters!
Guys, your BRABUS rear deck spoiler cost you more than this fabulous C/F hood (we hope!) - compare the value and what work goes into these two items!
Live a little! Imagine being one of only 15 people on the planet with a C/F clad E55.
If you don't like it raw C/F, paint it purple with yellow polka dots. Enjoy the shark-gills vents and the weight savings over your front suspension.
It will sharpen your turn in just like the PS2's did when you dumped the Contis. Then, there is the steam rising off your hood on a cold Chicago/Toronto winter's night....

At least you know what your shipping costs are. I have to drag it half way around the world, who knows for how much, and if I don't like it, tough ****,
I cannot take it back!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That Brabus decklid should be around 850$ off the top of my head.
This hood is 830$

Now compare what you are getting....
Old 08-16-2005, 05:08 AM

2004 E55 AMG
[QUOTE=Rafal] Then, there is the steam rising off your hood on a cold Chicago/Toronto winter's night....
QUOTE]

I like that line, GOOD CALL!!
Old 08-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I have seen CF products made before which were painted and the colour was "off" from the factory paint on the rest of the body panels. I want to be sure the paint will look EXACTLY like the factory paint once painted. I dont want someone looking at the hood from the outside and knowing it is CF.

Also, 8 - 12 weeks puts me in the middle of winter here in Toronto. If I take a chance and send the deposit, will you guarantee me that I will recieve a hood from the first batch? I dont want to be painting my car in the middle of winter.

Don't mean to be a pain, but I have gone through horrible custom jobs before and I am just making sure all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

I hope you understand.

vrus, I am afraid I still do not know what you mean by paint on the hood? The hood is going to come unpainted. But you can have it pained if you wish. It will accept paint just like an OEM hood. Also, it will fit EXACTLY like an OEM hood. Just like no one wants to be upset when the receive it. I do not want to sell something and have un happy customers. With me being a perfectionist, I will not let them continue till the hood is just as good as OEM quality. The hood will look just like my buddy's CF hood on his C32. Same finish and same quality. Only with the exact Brabus hood vents. His hood is painted on the sides to match his car and fades into the silver CF. The paint is just like the paint on the stock hood.

Note on these pics the hood is not un even, the hood is aligned, and the grill and everything around the headlights looks OEM.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by vrus
I have seen CF products made before which were painted and the colour was "off" from the factory paint on the rest of the body panels. I want to be sure the paint will look EXACTLY like the factory paint once painted. I dont want someone looking at the hood from the outside and knowing it is CF.

Also, 8 - 12 weeks puts me in the middle of winter here in Toronto. If I take a chance and send the deposit, will you guarantee me that I will recieve a hood from the first batch? I dont want to be painting my car in the middle of winter.

Don't mean to be a pain, but I have gone through horrible custom jobs before and I am just making sure all the T's are crossed and I's are dotted.

I hope you understand.

Its really not that easy for me to guarantee that you will be the first batch since that was probably the first 6 orders that have already been filled. It would not really be fair for them if I was to bump someone off and put you in their place. But, one of the 6 orders was a local buyer. I am pretty sure he is in no rush to get the hood, I really don't think that he would mind having the 2nd batch of hoods. So i can put you in his place.

Although that would bring us to about 7 paid orders. Still not 15. It seems as if people were much more committed before they were actually told to leave a deposit.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
If we end up in the second batch, how much longer will the wait be?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:20 PM

'06 E55
Post a pic of what the hood looks like on a car (Im assuming a prototype was made) and I will gladly make the deposit. I want to make sure the fit will be OEM. Since I dont know you from the next guy, I need more than your word that it looks and fits correctly, sorry but thats just me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W211 E Class / E55 CF Hood