*** E55 Dyno: She's a healthy Beast! ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by rflow306
In my opinion manual mode is the best because you can start the pull at an earlier rpm. The smoothing and the correction factor will affect the numbers. I will swing by the shop tomorrow and play with that, I know that the smoothing can change one to three horsepower on the graph. I will also change the correction ratio to see the difference. Will post results tomorrow. BTW love the wheels something different than HRE's.
Thanks for confirming that. Would love to know how the numbers affect the output.

Re: Wheels, Thanks! I love my CCWs.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
I have always had a suspicion that my car is underpowered. I mean, it really doesnt feel like it has that much power, IMO. If I were to discover this by an independent dyno would I have any recourse?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M5
The a/f on your dyno graph RFlow looks really good. I wonder if the 2005's have a better ecu config? Yours is the first I've seen where it doesn't hit 10:1 before 6,000 rpms.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by medici78
I have always had a suspicion that my car is underpowered. I mean, it really doesnt feel like it has that much power, IMO. If I were to discover this by an independent dyno would I have any recourse?
If you havent already done one, I would do a dyno and if it comes out below the grade I would use it to get the service people to check it over or get it lemon law'd for a replacement engine.

Originally Posted by darren_dallas
The a/f on your dyno graph RFlow looks really good. I wonder if the 2005's have a better ecu config? Yours is the first I've seen where it doesn't hit 10:1 before 6,000 rpms.
Good observation! I didn't even realize that when I looked at it. Wonder if there are any other 2005 guys that can show up with a dyno to confirm this...
Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
I would love to get feedback from other 2005's. The only thing I know is that a couple of days afterwards the A/F box was sent back to dynojet to get checked out. A car came in to dyno with a stand-alone computer and the a/f ratios were about a point off. Both sensors were installed at the down pipe to get reliable results. Dynojet sent a new box but said nothing major wrong with old one. Whatever that means. I will be installing a nitrous kit next week so I will do some more motor runs. The only difference will be the k&N's compared to my previous post.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Victor,

Congrats. I love it! 475 RWTQ. What other STOCK car TODAY puts that kinda smack on the ground???? Other than MBenz cars....maybe a new Viper?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Cars
Originally Posted by vrus

I am not sure how the dyno settings affect our readings but the only differences I can see was that on my graphs the SAE # was 1.01 and the Smoothing was 3. On yours it shows SAE 1.00 and smoothing 2. Not sure what that means but I guess they were both Dynojets so they are pretty consistent with eachother.!
Victor,

SAE is a correction factor that is calculated using sensors to measure ambient conditions such as air temp and humidity. It's a SAE formula used to correct numbers made so that it minimizes the differences in a really cold dyno room versus a really warm one, or a really humid one, etc. It is by no means perfect, but that's what it's for. If you want to read more about it, there's a multitude of info on the net about it.

Smoothing is simply function that smooths out the dyno graph lines. Since power can fluctuate quite a bit (not a lot of hp, but just very often, every few rpm) throughout a dyno reading, smoothing takes the jaggedness and makes it more legible. Next time you are at the dyno shop, take a look at how the smoothing function cleans up a graph.

Hope this helps.

FWIW, my car made similar #s stock. These are tough cars, and it's funny how we are going to be taking similar modification routes although I won't be messing with any additional forms of injection.

Regards,

Marcus
Old 08-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Marcus,

Thanks for the info. So its really the SAE # that affects the "Corrected" numbers they display. The Smoothing is only for presentation purposes and doesnt affect the numbers.

Yeah.. We both knew early on our approaches were similar. Did you ever get back to the "boys" about that little project we spoke about??

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Victor,

SAE is a correction factor that is calculated using sensors to measure ambient conditions such as air temp and humidity. It's a SAE formula used to correct numbers made so that it minimizes the differences in a really cold dyno room versus a really warm one, or a really humid one, etc. It is by no means perfect, but that's what it's for. If you want to read more about it, there's a multitude of info on the net about it.

Smoothing is simply function that smooths out the dyno graph lines. Since power can fluctuate quite a bit (not a lot of hp, but just very often, every few rpm) throughout a dyno reading, smoothing takes the jaggedness and makes it more legible. Next time you are at the dyno shop, take a look at how the smoothing function cleans up a graph.

Hope this helps.

FWIW, my car made similar #s stock. These are tough cars, and it's funny how we are going to be taking similar modification routes although I won't be messing with any additional forms of injection.

Regards,

Marcus