Sponsored by:

HARRIS from Harton Motorwerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Exclamation HARRIS from Harton Motorwerks

So I ordered a set of HREs from HARRIS just 2 weeks ago, money was wired to him on August 8th and he sent me an email confirming that the money was received on August 9th. I wrote to him to request for a receipt of my deposit last week and guess WHAT?? Didn't get any replies from him since then! I tried contacting HARRIS a couple times but no luck, so I did a search on MBforums and then I found this link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=harris

Not a good news to me at all. Fortunately and unfortanately, HARRIS requested me to pay in FULL but I insisted to pay 50% deposit only. Sounds like I saved myself $3,200, but farewell to the other $3,200 deposit!

HARRIS, I can only hope that you are a proper business person. If not, I wish you well and hope it will all come back to you one day.

(To other forum members, who else is having trouble dealing with HARRIS? I would like to have a head count and find out the total amount. I am sure most people are more than happy to spend money to settle this legally.)
Old 08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
No offense/flame. He posted in on 8-10 and you wired it on 8-14/15 depending on where you are and local date. I feel sorry for you. But in this case I guess it shows the sincerity of his posted open letter. If you can make a copy of the post/thread you found and take it to wherever you wired it from and see if they are still able to reverse it.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:40 PM

1979 911SC, 2001 E55, 1999 CLK430, 1993 190E 2.6
Originally Posted by vlix
So I ordered a set of HREs from HARRIS just 2 weeks ago, money was wired to him on August 8th and he sent me an email confirming that the money was received on August 9th. I wrote to him to request for a receipt of my deposit last week and guess WHAT?? Didn't get any replies from him since then! I tried contacting HARRIS a couple times but no luck, so I did a search on MBforums and then I found this link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=harris

Not a good news to me at all. Fortunately and unfortanately, HARRIS requested me to pay in FULL but I insisted to pay 50% deposit only. Sounds like I saved myself $3,200, but farewell to the other $3,200 deposit!

HARRIS, I can only hope that you are a proper business person. If not, I wish you well and hope it will all come back to you one day.

(To other forum members, who else is having trouble dealing with HARRIS? I would like to have a head count and find out the total amount. I am sure most people are more than happy to spend money to settle this legally.)
That sucks.

BTW, does your screen name have a Glasslite background?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
about 4 people that i know of are having problems. sorry to hear your a victim also!
everyone is scared to say anything more about him due to legal issues, but its my opinion that he took your money after he was in trouble all of the other people had already talked to him to hear his sob story about how he got screwed by his acct or something. Just my opinion but its just more proof that his story is just a scam, to keep scamming. oh well what comes around goes around. just my opinion though!!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
amdeutsch,
vlix wired the money to Harris on Aug. 8th. This was still before the open letter from that crook Harris. You seem to be too quick to defend Harris that you forgot to read the rest of the post. I hope you don't take any offense to my reply but there was nothing sincere in that letter. A sincere thing to do on your part however would be to make that "open letter" a sticky at the top.
I'm sure that others share my opinion.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Lenin
amdeutsch,
vlix wired the money to Harris on Aug. 8th. This was still before the open letter from that crook Harris. You seem to be too quick to defend Harris that you forgot to read the rest of the post. I hope you don't take any offense to my reply but there was nothing sincere in that letter. A sincere thing to do on your part however would be to make that "open letter" a sticky at the top.
Thanx Russki. I stand corrected. 2 weeks does not equate the dates posted by him which I totally misread. Now the question that opens up is this; is his math correct or is he jumping on the bandwagon?

Now, in regards to being quick; aren't you yourself jumping to conclusions as well. :p
Old 08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
When the guy owes you a lot of money for a part that he could not obtain and deliver, you would jump to the same conclusion as I did. It has been 7 month since I gave him my money. In my mind it is very clear. He got in over his head with the new wife and the new business. At some point his life turned into a pyramid scheme. It is too bad. I did make two transactions with him in the past worth over $5,000. For Harris to be so busy that he had no time to watch the accountant, he should have been making a nice 6 figure amount with enough left over to pay everybody that he owes. He is a BS artist. I can send you his emails as my proof.
So, will you make it a sticky?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:43 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by Lenin
amdeutsch,
amdeutsch,

Lenin is 100% correct, there are too many verifiable cases of blatant fraud here. To protect Harris after the crap he's pulled will only damage your reputation as well (maybe you don't care, which is fine). At this point I think it is asinine to even hint that people who have been out of pocket for 3+ months (one case at 16+) are jumping to conclusions. You have been a part of a group to whom I am thankful for providing this community, but now it is time to decide what is more important to you; the community you help create, or its sponsors.

Tough call.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Administrator

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I find it very interesting how everybody jumps on the Harris bandwagon and makes accusations of support. If those that did would reread my initial post they might even detect the tongue-in-cheek comment, speak sarcasm, hidden in my reply and the advice given thereafter to the original poster. Maybe next time I will bracket it off with smilies to make it easier.

And to those others who have dealt with their money loss over several month; what is the first order of business transactions, who do you blame for believing; seems to me that a lot blame everybody else but themselves.

Endorsement of sponsors is handled by the membership and NOT by this forum. If this forum were to play favorites in this regard it would have a very hard time attracting and maintaining current and future sponsors. Once it became obvious to this forum we responded to the membership by removing his sponsor tag as requested. But yet some of you are still not satisfied and are wanting this forum to assist you in regaining your loss. Keep in mind that this forum is here to allow the exchange of knowledge, experiences, etc by people of all walks of life.

This is a private forum supported in part by sponsors. This is not to say that we play favorites but when you consider the call of some, who don't pay anything for this site/forum, and then start making demands.......... I leave it up to you to decide the validity of those requests.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
taking his sponsor tag off is good enough for me! I don't think the owners should help to recoup costs its not there fault were all lazy and let Harris slid for months.(my excuse) the guys who ordered HRE's were already prepped to have to wait 4-6 weeks so when the 8th week rolled around I started to get anxious. and then by the 11th week I contacted my C.C company.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:03 PM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
My condolences to all of those who have had a bad experience thus far with Harris. I for one had a good experience, but I ordered my wheels last July or so and received them in Sept. However, I'm glad I ordered last year rather than this one.

Good Luck to all in the recovery of your goods and/or money.