Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screw L.A. and it's potholes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Can't sue the city without notifying them first of the road damage... funny you have to tell them in advance the road is in bad shape, submit a report, pay to have it filed, and then do damage... or if there is already a report filed...then you may have something, but like you said... it's a bunch of bull and waste of time... sounds like you were well taken care of by your insurance company on another post I just read....
Old 01-07-2006, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
Is it safe to assume that it's a OEM rim since you brought it to the stealer? Feel bad for you, that really sucks.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:06 AM

2003 E55 K1
Potholes

Come to Pittsburgh, PA. Bent rims are the norm here.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
I grew up in Windsor, Ontario, and had frequent opportunity to travel throughout lovely Detroit Michigan in my youth, both on the surface streets and (dreadfully) on the freeways there. Detroit has by far the worst roads in the developed world; it's like off-roading except for all those "Eisenhower Interstate System" signs beside the roadway!!!

As for us in California, we're about to get handed the shaft in the form of more state gov't debt by our recently chastened guv'nor and his new spendthrift pals in Sacramento - $70 bil or so in road and school bonds that'll undoubtedly get sucked up mostly by the enviro lobbyists and other vaunted "gatekeepers of the public interest"... Likely end result? no change in the condition (or breadth - see 405 Fwy) of any of our roads, but big changes down the road in higher state income taxes!!!

Hooray for Hollywood.

v
Old 01-07-2006, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Vic55
I may not be 100% right on this one but my service advisor told me MBZ will honor one alignment as long as your car is not over 1 year old from the in service date and has less than 12k miles. The dealer I go to is Auto Steigler and I can hook you up with a real cool advisor. He knows about all my mods (stage 1, 2, cooling, brakes, etc.).
u r 100% right on that 1

darkrisht- get some hre's. i drive all over LA, sometimes stupidly fast, the worst i've had is tire bubbles and the rims bent just a tiny bit. get an aluminium hammer and knock it into place, problem solved.
btw, i dunno why but the outer lip never bends, its always the inner
Old 01-07-2006, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Yeah, LA roads suck. You'd think with this being like the car capitol of the world, that we would have at least decent roads but our's are some of the worst anywhere. It makes no sense. When I had around 2K miles on my CLS55, I hit a pothole on Valley Circle in Calabasas and it took out both the stock rims on the left side of the car. I had to pay for two new rims and two new tires. Dealer wanted $1250 a rim and tires were around $300 each. This is just one of many incidents for me involving LA potholes. I have come to learn never to punch it on unfamiliar roads and always be looking for potholes even on roads you are familiar with. It only takes a fraction of a second of complacency and you can be out thousands of dollars.

Last edited by VelocitE55; 01-07-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_55
btw, i dunno why but the outer lip never bends, its always the inner

The inner portion of the hoop bends easiest because its the part of the rim with the least structural integrity. The outer lip is reinforced by the disc/face of the rim and that makes it more difficult to bend.