W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleemann Headers Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Black Navi Kleemann Stage 1 & LSD, Brabus Mono VI, pedals and lighted sills, JL sub.
Kleemann Headers Question

How do the headers effect interior sound. I think the AMG exhaust sounds great and am concerned that the headers may make the interior too loud when cruising at highway speeds. Any comments?
Old 09-11-2005, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Nah, it's not that bad. Yes there is an increase in noise, but it's not annoying or anything. Hard to say exactly how much (5db...10db..no idea) increase.

I would say the most noticeable place is in the back seat....seems louder than stock there.

Also, when she lugs under torque......higher gear and she is "chugging" and not kicking down a gear, it is a tad noticeable, but I swear to you, if it was in any way too "muscle car" sounding/annoying/rumbling in the cabin, I would have yanked it a long time ago. Best part about my car, it's got near 600hp and still is pretty sleeperish. Yet, with the headers, it creates a sound that lets people know you got some juice. Literally the perfect blend for me.

When you have some punk messing with you in traffic and he has the windows down, I let the car slow me down to the red light, when she comes to the final stop, the rumble is so darn mean sounding. It usually backs off most people from trying. Mean sounding outside meaning subdued, yet aggresive....inside, just the slightly increased sound of a high performance machine.

Have never read of someone who regrets the headers due to noise.

Enjoy!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Nah, it's not that bad. Yes there is an increase in noise, but it's not annoying or anything. Hard to say exactly how much (5db...10db..no idea) increase.

I would say the most noticeable place is in the back seat....seems louder than stock there.

Also, when she lugs under torque......higher gear and she is "chugging" and not kicking down a gear, it is a tad noticeable, but I swear to you, if it was in any way too "muscle car" sounding/annoying/rumbling in the cabin, I would have yanked it a long time ago. Best part about my car, it's got near 600hp and still is pretty sleeperish. Yet, with the headers, it creates a sound that lets people know you got some juice. Literally the perfect blend for me.

When you have some punk messing with you in traffic and he has the windows down, I let the car slow me down to the red light, when she comes to the final stop, the rumble is so darn mean sounding. It usually backs off most people from trying. Mean sounding outside meaning subdued, yet aggresive....inside, just the slightly increased sound of a high performance machine.

Have never read of someone who regrets the headers due to noise.

Enjoy!
2nd that
Old 09-11-2005, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M5
My wife loves the sound of the Kleemann headers. Cruising down the highway is nice and we can still have a conversation at normal levels. It is very subtle in the background until you put the foot down and then it really sounds great. It's not as obvious (loud) as switching out your exhaust for an Eisenmann exhaust kit.