Garage Flooring - Racedeck or ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Garage Flooring - Racedeck or ???

Guys,

I've wanted to clean out the garage and put down a nice flooring for a long time. Then make the garage a true workshop. I've read a lot of good things about Racedeck. I also seee that Costco carries some tiles (although only in black/white/grey).

Have any of you had any experience with Racedeck or another mfg? I'm looking for some recommendations/suggestions here. At $3.49 a tile, Racedeck is a little pricey.

Cheers,
Gareth

An example:
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....153#post610153
Old 09-15-2005, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
I don't know about the race deck but this is what my buddy uses at his shop.
http://www.armorpoxy.com/html/armoru...floor+coating+

It comes in nine different colors and will withstand almost anything.

Last edited by rflow306; 09-15-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:43 PM

07 S65
I used a tile I got at Home Depot. It works pretty well and looks descent I think. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Derrick
Attached Thumbnails Garage Flooring - Racedeck or ???-cobra-1.jpg  
Old 09-15-2005, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
THis week I inquired about the racedeck flooring and discovered that it is not fire resistant or proof. In fact, a building inspector was in a customers garage for a permit for OTHER work, and the inspector would not approve the job until the racedeck floornig was removed...then the customer could reinstall if they wished after the job was done, without the town knowing.

Having already been through a recent fire in the boiler room, I will not be puttin down racedeck in my garage. Something like the ARmorproxy or a forstproof tile set (with a slate look) in cement will be going in. Im looking at prices, then I will figure it out.

Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
Guys,

I've wanted to clean out the garage and put down a nice flooring for a long time. Then make the garage a true workshop. I've read a lot of good things about Racedeck. I also seee that Costco carries some tiles (although only in black/white/grey).

Have any of you had any experience with Racedeck or another mfg? I'm looking for some recommendations/suggestions here. At $3.49 a tile, Racedeck is a little pricey.

Cheers,
Gareth

An example:
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....153#post610153
Old 09-15-2005, 09:26 PM
Almost a Member!

02 E55
A buddy of mine has a spray in truck bed liner business and he sprayed his garage floor with the stuff. Skid proof, oil/gas resistant, tough and easy to clean(just hose it out). I think this is similar to the armorpoxy stuff but not sure. I was thinking about getting mine spray also but I hear this stuff is near impossible to remove after it dries. I guess it's a permanent decision.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:52 AM
ON PROBATION

Have you checked out ucoatit.com? You'd have to calc the cost if that's a big consideration. I've known a few guys who have used it (and of course they swear by it) and they all say that this stuff lasts forever and is almost bulletproof. I personally think that this stuff looks great -- but everyone has their own taste....