Sponsored by:

Weird Command problem ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' E55
Weird Command problem ???

Last night on the way home from Moroso my radio just stopped working and the screen went blank and nothing on the command worked after that, I tried to turn the command on again but it just showed the mercedes symbol and then turned off again. I pulled over and turned off the car and restarted it with the key and still nothing. It took me about 20 mins to get home, pulled in my driveway and turned off the car completely then back on and the radio started working again ??? Any ideas ?? I just ordered a Euro Spec Command and should have it here monday but the question I would like to know is should I get the factory one checked before I install the Euro one ?
Old 09-17-2005, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by Cosm
Last night on the way home from Moroso my radio just stopped working and the screen went blank and nothing on the command worked after that, I tried to turn the command on again but it just showed the mercedes symbol and then turned off again. I pulled over and turned off the car and restarted it with the key and still nothing. It took me about 20 mins to get home, pulled in my driveway and turned off the car completely then back on and the radio started working again ??? Any ideas ?? I just ordered a Euro Spec Command and should have it here monday but the question I would like to know is should I get the factory one checked before I install the Euro one ?
Ive had that once or twice as well, but Im usually so pissed when it happens, I dont notice a pattern.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
it is NOT the comand - it is the audio gateway

the audio gateway is known for causing problems...if the comand powers up after it shuts itself off and does not get beyond the mercedes start up logo, it means that it does not see the MOST master and that is the audio gateway.

greetingz,
Old 09-17-2005, 05:14 PM

05' E55
is this something I should be worried about or just let it be ?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:06 PM

2012 S400, QX56
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
it is NOT the comand - it is the audio gateway

the audio gateway is known for causing problems...if the comand powers up after it shuts itself off and does not get beyond the mercedes start up logo, it means that it does not see the MOST master and that is the audio gateway.

greetingz,
I was searching for this problem and I think my problem is quite similar to the problem being discussed in this thread.

I have US command with MBenzNL installed navigation and punk with tail.

Everything was working fine till last night. This morning I start my car and get "Teleaid defective- visit workshop" malfunction. and then I hear static from speakers. I thought, I'll reboot the command, and guess what, I ended up having the same problem as discussed in this thread. command powers on, shows the Mercedes logo and then shuts off.
I reached work, parked the car ans during lunch went back and started the car and powered on the command - Did the same thing again and then after I give up, it powers up on its own and music starts playing with lot of static, but still no nav and then command freezes again and just keeps doing this.

Any easy fix?
Can this be some fuse or something?
Old 11-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
if you are not using your teleaid - you should get the teleaid unit removed (taken out of the fiber ring) as that seems to be YOUR problem (hence the teleaid malfunction message).

greetingz,