W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Kleemann transformation starts today!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Fabulous write up !!!!

Three questions ...

1 The header / downpipe connector seems awefully close to the antiroll bar - I hope this does not catch or rattle ... headers look damn awesome though !!!

2 What model pump do Kleeman fit ? Whats its rated flow rate vs the stock unit? Also it looks smaller - is this the case or just the perspective?... The Kleeman crowd in the UK dont have this upgrade option for some reason.

3 What is the boost pressure before and after the upgrade ?

Regards Steve.

Last edited by stevebez; 10-06-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Originally Posted by Rafal
Full of bull...?
No - Menacing....... :v
Old 10-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Received 515 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by stevebez
Fabulous write up !!!!

Three questions ...

1 The header / downpipe connector seems awefully close to the antiroll bar - I hope this does not catch or rattle ... headers look damn awesome though !!!

2 What model pump do Kleeman fit ? Whats its rated flow rate vs the stock unit? Also it looks smaller - is this the case or just the perspective?... The Kleeman crowd in the UK dont have this upgrade option for some reason.

3 What is the boost pressure before and after the upgrade ?

Regards Steve.

Steve,

Sorry I do not have the technical knowledge to answer your questions so I shot Cory an e-mail and he responded with the following:

Regarding the questions-

1. "close to the sway bar" : The sway bar on these cars is located ahead of the steering rack- nowhere near the headers. What I think he is referring to is the oil line going to the transmission. The pictures are somewhat deceiving. The headers don't get anywhere near the transmission oil lines. It would be virtually impossible for the headers or downpipes to "catch or rattle" on these lines.

2. We use a Johnson pump rated at 90 LPM and a 25,000.00 hour failure life. The factory pump is a bosch unit (which was originally designed as the stationary heater pump) which is rated at 16 LPM. I do not know what the time before failure rating is on these pumps.

3. We increase boost pressure 2 PSI with the pulley kit.

I'll shoot a few more pictures of the Diff, and also send some more Dyno sheets after I try a few different ECU variations.

Thanks Dave!

Warm Regards,

Cory Umemoto
Technical Manager
Old 10-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rock
2. We use a Johnson pump rated at 90 LPM and a 25,000.00 hour failure life. The factory pump is a bosch unit (which was originally designed as the stationary heater pump) which is rated at 16 LPM. I do not know what the time before failure rating is on these pumps.
Kleemann Johnson pump at 90 LPM vs AMG stock Bosch unit at 16 LPM. That's a pretty big delta and must make a huge difference.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Yeah but our E55 has some of the most comfortable seats plus you will get to enjoy the K2 at its full potential on your road trip.
I've got 18 pounds of titanium in my back and have driven the E55 for 7 hours straight with no back ache. Most comfortable seat known to mankind.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Kleemann Johnson pump at 90 LPM vs AMG stock Bosch unit at 16 LPM. That's a pretty big delta and must make a huge difference.
It really is awesome. Basically without the larger intercooler and pump only, vehicle is able to maintain the extra heat added from mods. I can launch and launch and she holddddddsss steady.

Cor was tripping as mine was one of the first they had done. They dyno'd it like 4 times in a row....with very little extra heat added.

Usually you can't get 2 in a row without major heatsoak.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 AM

2010 ZR1 2011 JGC Overland 2013 ML63 on order
This is totally killer, watching the birth of your monster unfold like this.. Keep up the posts, VERY informative!!!

Kleemann shoudl have done this from the very beginning. Lots of questions have been answered.

Next, we need to see before and after dyno's of the K3 camshaft upgrade
Old 10-06-2005, 11:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 E63S
A quick question......

How does the Kleemann mods effect the warranty. I am new to MB vehicles (looking for the right one still) but am a mod-a-holic! I WILL mod my E55 when I get it...no doubt.

I know that with BMW, any DINAN part will NOT void any part of the warranty. What companies can you use for MB that will not effect the warranty? AMG i suppose....are there any others?? I am aware of the Magnusson-Moss (?) act and how that works with aftermarket parts/mods. i am just curious who would be the Dinan equivalent to MB. TIA.

Great write up on the mods! The Kleemann stuff looks top-notch. Keep up the posting with the updates and pics! Tim
Old 10-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
I think there have been a number of threads that discuss aftermarket modifications and the Mercedes warranty. You may wish to complete a search.

As far as Kleemann's warranty, they offer the following: All KLEEMANN products are covered by a one year guarantee. In the unlikely event of a component failure, KLEEMANN offers a 12 month warranty period fro all components fitted correctly. Upon installation, the compressor and its parts are guaranteed by KLEEMANN for 12 months or 100.000 km/60.000 mls, whichever occurs first. Extension of the guarantee period will take place according to the law in the respective country where the product has been sold. Your local KLEEMANN dealer will be pleased to give you all the information applicable to your conversion.

Dave
Old 10-06-2005, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by arcticfox
A quick question......

How does the Kleemann mods effect the warranty. I am new to MB vehicles (looking for the right one still) but am a mod-a-holic! I WILL mod my E55 when I get it...no doubt.

I know that with BMW, any DINAN part will NOT void any part of the warranty. What companies can you use for MB that will not effect the warranty? AMG i suppose....are there any others?? I am aware of the Magnusson-Moss (?) act and how that works with aftermarket parts/mods. i am just curious who would be the Dinan equivalent to MB. TIA.

Great write up on the mods! The Kleemann stuff looks top-notch. Keep up the posting with the updates and pics! Tim
depends on dealership, usually they are cool w/ it.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Day Six!!

Kleemann has put my car back together and taken it out for its first post-modification test drive. Cory will run another dyno and complete the fine tuning later today. I think this is going to be one very BAD four-door.

Cory writes:
Hi Dave-

I just took your E55 out for a quick test drive- the thing is an absolute monster! Neck snapping power. It makes so much torque that it will easily break the tires loose in 3rd gear. You're closer to sea level than we are, so it will feel even better back in Ohio. It feels VERY good.

Thanks Dave!

Warm Regards,

Cory
Old 10-06-2005, 03:34 PM

ML 320 CDI
Originally Posted by arcticfox
A quick question......

In France, many big MB dealers install Brabus products without any problem and they deal very well with the warranty. Brabus offer a 3 yrs/60000 miles warranty on all the products so you can be confident.

My delaer told me that if I wanted to install Brabus parts on the new W164 we ordered, he would be delighted to help us.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
One mean machine! Great stuff!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:31 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
Tell Cory to HURRY THE HELL UP with that dyno
Old 10-06-2005, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Thanks for those answers Rock...

I wonder if Cory could tell us how much boost is "lost" by the headers ... if any. For example would the pulley kit etc without the headers also deliver an extra 2 psi boost?

I assume standard boost is 11.6 psi (0.8 bar) , and the upgrade takes it to ~13.6 psi (~0.93 bar)?

Good luck for the next dyno run ...

Rgds Steve.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
This thread is GREAT...

I mean it's like you get a chapter a day capped by a suspenseful ending because we know that even MORE power is going to be on tap the next day..... and in between we get to imagine what all that neck-snapping torque is going to feel like to the very lucky Mr. Rock...

After all, if Cory (who has probably driven some pretty f***ing powerful cars) say's the thing's a Monster, it's probably

GODZILLA
Old 10-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
End of day six update:

As you may remember from the beginning of this thread, I stated that I had a botched paint job completed back home, on a Renntech rear spoiler. On top of all the modification work that Cory and company completed, he was kind enough to help me correct this rather minor but bothersome (at least to me) detail. Because he addressed this issue today some of his planned dyno and tuning work has been delayed. As promised, he did send me a few pictures of the differential installed.

Kleemann writes:

Hello Dave-

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to put your car back on the Dyno today. By the time I got back from the body shop it was 2:00, which is 10:00 in Denmark where our files are made. Typically, they don't reply to my request for ECU files after about 12:00 my time. I am also waiting for the formal estimate from the body shop. I will be coming in early tomorrow so I can try some different ECU files early, and revise them to get the best power. Hopefully we'll see some more power out of it. I'll shoot you some more dyno sheets tomorrow morning as I progress with the ECU tuning, and I'll also let you know what the exact estimate is, and how long they will need the car to complete the re-spray of the spoiler.

Have a great evening-
Attached Thumbnails The Kleemann transformation starts today!!!!!-img_0001_1.jpg   The Kleemann transformation starts today!!!!!-img_0002_1.jpg   The Kleemann transformation starts today!!!!!-img_0003_1.jpg  
Old 10-06-2005, 09:00 PM

ML350 '06
Rock,

Thanks for sharing this with all of us! Very informative!

If I ever decide to mod my car, Kleemann will certainly be the first company to consider as I am VERY impressed with the attention you have received from them. I don't know if this kind of feed back is offered from the other companies. If not, Kleemann definitely seems to have "one up" on the competition when it comes to their detailed customer service.

Nick
Old 10-06-2005, 09:53 PM

E63 biturbo
3. We increase boost pressure 2 PSI with the pulley kit.

Great post Rock, you're making the Kleemann K2 more and more tempting! Problem is they don't have any AMG experts here in Singapore to do aftermarket installation otherwise I would have no hesitation going for K2 and above. Anyway, I remember reading a thread regarding the diameter of the upgraded pulley but I can't seem to find it. Do you happen to know the figure for this? I was told by a tuner from the UK that they actually use 2 different pulleys depending on the desired final output ... just want to make sure I don't go for the wrong one when the time comes.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
I'm gonna be in the springs on Saturday. I live in CO. Did you want me to stop by the shop and take if for a spin. Make sure they did what they promised? Man...none you kleeman guys want me to make sure your getting your monies worth.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Day Seven!!!!!

Even God rested on the seventh day......................this was not the case at Kleemann. My car underwent final tuning today and the job looks to be about complete. The final dyno looks very strong and I am hopeful that this new power translates well to the street and track.

I want to thank Cory and company for the wonderful customer service they provide. He always answered every phone call, every e-mail and every question (even the stupid ones). Cory was a pleasure to work with. He went out of his way to address all of my request. These guys are a first class operation.

I will reserve my final judgement regarding this upgrade until I have had a chance to drive the car, as well as return it to the track. I have the pre-modification track numbers and I will post these side by side with the new numbers. Good, bad or ugly, you will see the results.

Kleemann writes:

Hi Dave-

I've got the ECU right where I want it, and the results are very good. Your gains are as follows:

+ 105.1 HP
+ 112.4 lb/ft. of torque

Attached is the final Dyno sheet of the best ECU revision I got, compared to the stock car. In all, your car turned out very nicely! The torque curve is awesome- you've got about 490 lb/ft. of torque available at 1800 RPM, with torque peak happening at just under 3300 RPM! HP is peaking slightly earlier as well at 5950 RPM.

I'm off to drop the car off at the body shop so they can get started on the spoiler. I talked to them yesterday, and they were happy to hear the spoiler was held on with adhesive tape- it makes it much easier to get it off the car. At any rate, I'll see if they can put a rush on it so we can get the pick up sorted out with Passport.

I'll be in touch.

Thanks Dave!
Attached Thumbnails The Kleemann transformation starts today!!!!!-dave_final.jpg  
Old 10-07-2005, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Sounds great! You should put it on a Dynojet and see what kind of RWHP you're putting out. I just don't like the way Kleemann is measuring horsepower.
Otherwise, from the looks of things, they are an exceptional operation.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:58 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by Rock
Day Seven!!!!!

Even God rested on the seventh day......................this was not the case at Kleemann. My car underwent final tuning today and the job looks to be about complete. The final dyno looks very strong and I am hopeful that this new power translates well to the street and track.

I want to thank Cory and company for the wonderful customer service they provide. He always answered every phone call, every e-mail and every question (even the stupid ones). Cory was a pleasure to work with. He went out of his way to address all of my request. These guys are a first class operation.

I will reserve my final judgement regarding this upgrade until I have had a chance to drive the car, as well as return it to the track. I have the pre-modification track numbers and I will post these side by side with the new numbers. Good, bad or ugly, you will see the results.

Kleemann writes:

Hi Dave-

I've got the ECU right where I want it, and the results are very good. Your gains are as follows:

+ 105.1 HP
+ 112.4 lb/ft. of torque

Attached is the final Dyno sheet of the best ECU revision I got, compared to the stock car. In all, your car turned out very nicely! The torque curve is awesome- you've got about 490 lb/ft. of torque available at 1800 RPM, with torque peak happening at just under 3300 RPM! HP is peaking slightly earlier as well at 5950 RPM.

I'm off to drop the car off at the body shop so they can get started on the spoiler. I talked to them yesterday, and they were happy to hear the spoiler was held on with adhesive tape- it makes it much easier to get it off the car. At any rate, I'll see if they can put a rush on it so we can get the pick up sorted out with Passport.

I'll be in touch.

Thanks Dave!

Dave,

Sounds like your car has been transformed Thank God Cory did not just go ahead and install the throttle body that he has boxed up in his office to be shipped to me. With everything else being installed that could of been very tempting

Off to NJ in the early AM for MBUSA.

the Greek
Old 10-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Drives Slowly
Spero,

No need to worry, Cory was not about to give up your goods. Besides, I would rather follow in your foot steps than lead.

Have a good trip and thanks for everything.

Dave
Old 10-18-2005, 12:01 AM

2005 E55
Talking

When is your car coming back? Thread was super exciting. I want to know what your car will do at the strip! I made $110,000 fee last week (settled a meldical malpractice case) and I would like to spend some on actual performance gains. :p

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Kleemann transformation starts today!!!!!