Sponsored by:

Autocross

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Autocross

I'm not sure if this is the right area, or if there is a better area to post, but does anyone know of some autocross racing that I can do in the San Francisco bay area? It would be nice to practice some fast turns and learn how to really push this car.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:43 PM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Go to BMWCCA and see if the local club does any driving schools, I did one with the Boston chapter at NHIS and it was excellent. I got four 20 min sessions for $205 and an istructor to help me improve rode with me the whole time. It was awesome! If its something you are going to do on a regular basis I would get an extra set of wheels with race tires the stock contis really hold you back, but its still fun.

I tried to contact the local BMW chapter here in FL but I haven't gotten a response I don't think they are as well organized as the Boston chapter.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
You probably arent going to really be able to push that E55 on an auto-x course unless it is HUGE. I'd look into some lighter race wheels and some r-comp tires so you dont destroy your street tires with all that power going around turns. Im going to an auto-x in NC Sunday, its pretty rare to see MBs at these things, mostly subarus where im located. best of luck, get some videos and post em here.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:41 PM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Sorry I didn't clarify the BMWCCA school was on a racetrack with speeds over 130 mph. Lots of fun. I did some autocrossing years ago and I agree with King320 it really wouldn't work very well you would be spinning the tires the whole way around. At NHIS I was able to drive the whole track in 3rd gear and I was still spinning the tires in spots. There were a few areas where I could have been in 2nd but with the stock tires it would have been pointless.