W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

European Bias CTS-V Smokes Audi RS4 on Top Gear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLS63 AMG
Point taken and I appreciate your opinion. GM still does not make anything to par with the competition (which is why I collect the classics only). Your reasoning is why I picked the 2005 Acura RL AWD over the 2005 Cadillac STS AWD.. but it is also somewhat why I did not go with the other cars in the same class. But Cadillac has come a long way and the CTS-V has the potential to become a great daily driver/weekend racer, especially for ~$48K.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by leloz
But Cadillac has come a long way and the CTS-V has the potential to become a great daily driver/weekend racer, especially for ~$48K.
I agree with you there 100%... a long, long way...

But it frustrates me that in the end, the "Cost Accountants" at GM still get to have their way on this Flagship brand, that should be more of a trophy for GM, than a cash cow.. but the market speaks loudly.. People by the name in many cases.

I have a friend who (for some God unknown reason) bought a Escalade (top of the line model) and a Chevy Avalanche (also in top end trim).. the "sticker price of both" was $74K for the Cad, and $58K for the Chevy..

I sat in both trucks, and went thru a major inspection of the interior trim work, seats, steering wheel, dash, etc.... I found them completely IDENTICAL.. that's right, the Chevy had the same interior as the Cadillac.. Now, what's wrong with this picture?