W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Vent Time...!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005 | 01:58 PM

2008 Z06
Vent Time...!!

Okay, I'm sure some of you remember me saying I bought Hilsman's car (the one with nitrous) from the local dealership in my area. At the time I didn't know him, his car, nor his modifications. Anyway, dealer said that his mods would hurt the car and I still have my warranty and anything. Also, I'm sure some may know my went to the shop last week, and I left and the check engine light came on and now it's back in... Here's where the venting comes in...

I get a call from my mechanic today that they may have found the source of the check engine light. They were spraying some brake cleaner checking for leaks anywhere and found an intake leak on the block (? sound right) Something like that! Anyway, he said that one of the seals was busted, which he said could be directly related to the nitrous, maybe involving backfire or something, so he ordered new seals, which should be in Monday, and that the superchager and stuff will have to be removed to do this job. He honestly admitted to me he had never removed the supercharger on an AMG and that it would take a days to do the job. He said that this might now even be the cause for the light coming on, so we'll just have to see once that problem is fixed, whether the light goes off or not. If not, they have to just keep looking for stuff. I am just worried about more and more stuff coming up and hurting the resale value of my car.

Anyway, the other thing that pisses me off, is that the loaner car they give me is a POS!!! It's like a 98 ML that looks as though the inside hasn't been cleaned since 98. It's NASTY STICKY on the steering wheels or anywhere else in the car you touch. Also, the steering wheel position for going straight is as if you were taking a hard right, which is quite hard to drive. I didn't say anything because I was expecting to get my car back today and now that I have to drive this thing over the weekend and possibly another week, I feel like going back up there, because I am pretty sure I have seen 2 2006 black ML's for their loaners.

ANYWAY, just had to vent!!
Old 11-03-2005 | 02:16 PM
Almost a Member!

01 Mustang GT
Take it back, get something worth driving.
Old 11-03-2005 | 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
Okay, I'm sure some of you remember me saying I bought Hilsman's car (the one with nitrous) from the local dealership in my area. At the time I didn't know him, his car, nor his modifications. Anyway, dealer said that his mods would hurt the car and I still have my warranty and anything. Also, I'm sure some may know my went to the shop last week, and I left and the check engine light came on and now it's back in... Here's where the venting comes in...

I get a call from my mechanic today that they may have found the source of the check engine light. They were spraying some brake cleaner checking for leaks anywhere and found an intake leak on the block (? sound right) Something like that! Anyway, he said that one of the seals was busted, which he said could be directly related to the nitrous, maybe involving backfire or something, so he ordered new seals, which should be in Monday, and that the superchager and stuff will have to be removed to do this job. He honestly admitted to me he had never removed the supercharger on an AMG and that it would take a days to do the job. He said that this might now even be the cause for the light coming on, so we'll just have to see once that problem is fixed, whether the light goes off or not. If not, they have to just keep looking for stuff. I am just worried about more and more stuff coming up and hurting the resale value of my car.

Anyway, the other thing that pisses me off, is that the loaner car they give me is a POS!!! It's like a 98 ML that looks as though the inside hasn't been cleaned since 98. It's NASTY STICKY on the steering wheels or anywhere else in the car you touch. Also, the steering wheel position for going straight is as if you were taking a hard right, which is quite hard to drive. I didn't say anything because I was expecting to get my car back today and now that I have to drive this thing over the weekend and possibly another week, I feel like going back up there, because I am pretty sure I have seen 2 2006 black ML's for their loaners.

ANYWAY, just had to vent!!

i am never shocked on this forum. it is their right to give you NO loan car FYI. be happy you were given something to drive.

always good to see 17-19 year old kids moaning because they were forced to drive a car thy dont like.

I have been given subcompacts when they run out of mb loaner cars. things happen. life goes on.

not woth a post

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 11-03-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-03-2005 | 03:46 PM

'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
That sucks, hell they should have just gave you a Camry or something. You bring a E55 in and they give you an old p.o.s. ML. Run the hell out of that damn thing. Hope your car gets back to running strong.
Old 11-03-2005 | 04:22 PM

2008 Z06
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I could care less if it was a 1986 honda, as long as it was clean. I'm talking this one they gave me is like NASTY NASTY. Like drinks were spilled all on the console, seats, steering wheel, with what looks like, potato chip crumbs allll over the floor. I mean how hard is it to send it to clean up and just vacum the damn thing. And they kind of did have to give me something to drive because I set an appointment up at 11am to take my car in and set up there until 4:30 when they decided they weren't going to be able to finish it that day which was planned. And....my post wasn't just for the loaner, I was also stating it sucks that my motor has to be taken apart. Jeez, you don't have to be an *******.
Old 11-03-2005 | 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
How did you get a loaner? Usually you have to be at least 21 ??

Dinko
Old 11-03-2005 | 04:53 PM

04 E500 Brabus Wagon
loaner and service

I'd say take 20 minutes and clean it up inside yourself then tell the service manager you did it. It will gain you some points with him for the future. Remember dealerships do not have to offer loaners some do for improved customer service and this is at the dealers expense.
As far as the dash light coming on etc I would say if you bought your car knowing it had been modded then you also bought the risk of it maybe needing increased maintenance.
Frankly, I would not be surprised if the dealer wants to charge you for fixing it if they know it had N20 on it.

Trending Topics

Old 11-03-2005 | 04:56 PM

2008 Z06
No, they have to fix it. Because before I bought it, I made them give me a signed letter from Mercedes, not that particular dealership, saying I still have my warranty, so they have to fix it.
Old 11-03-2005 | 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
I'm calling b.s on the nos thing. I think the problem is mb qaulity, my car is a pos! its in the shop right now for 2 blown rear shocks! and a leaky tranny(which is probrably my fault ....)
Old 11-03-2005 | 06:44 PM

2008 Z06
Well I'm sure that the NOS didn't help the problem. lol
Old 11-03-2005 | 08:24 PM

Lexus
Originally Posted by AMGE
I'd say take 20 minutes and clean it up inside yourself then tell the service manager you did it. It will gain you some points with him for the future. Remember dealerships do not have to offer loaners some do for improved customer service and this is at the dealers expense.
As far as the dash light coming on etc I would say if you bought your car knowing it had been modded then you also bought the risk of it maybe needing increased maintenance.
Frankly, I would not be surprised if the dealer wants to charge you for fixing it if they know it had N20 on it.
Hell no.. This is a mb dealer not kia.. If you clean the car the SM will look at you like you are an idiot... I would deal with it and try to use it as little as possible. Then show it to the GM when you return and ask if he would drive that ML down the street more less drive it every day why some jackleg mechanic(dont take harm, I know he is you hs buddy and all) plays learn while you go on your $60k vehicle.

I think these guys dont know what they are doing.. What code is it throwing?? If you have ever read a flow chart they can really be tricky.

Example of a service manual flow chart

If engine misses
a: change spark plugs
then if miss yes then
b: change wires
then if miss yes then
c: well your engine must be bad replace it

A back fire would cause a leak in the intake that would be very noticable. The car would get bad gas mileage and idle very funny. I would say it is a sensor problem..
What he was checking for was a leak by spraying a flammable fluid(jacklegs use starting fluid) near the intake and if there is a leak the engine will suck it in and the rpms will increase. Most of the time the leak is apparent and the test is only to find the location of the leak. If you did not have any drivability problems I would think it is not a seal. I would expect to have more problems after they try to put it back together like the man whos signature is on the front of your engine.

I know your options are limited on which dealer to take your vehicle to but this dealer is handling your situation very poorly. It sounds like you need to haul your car to a better dealer, like in California.. Just my opinion
Old 11-04-2005 | 12:01 PM

2008 Z06
Well actually in the city my car gets around 12 mpg and on the interstate, it's best has been 16-17mpg. Also, the was idling at around 1200 rpms and it was driving EXTREMELY weird. It felt like it was trying to downshift at low speed, then it would hesistate and then kind of jerk. So, yeah, lol, it was doing all that crap.
Old 11-04-2005 | 02:36 PM

04 E500 Brabus Wagon
MB service and engine problem

Quote: Hell no.. This is a mb dealer not kia.. If you clean the car the SM will look at you like you are an idiot... I would deal with it and try to use it as little as possible. Then show it to the GM when you return and ask if he would drive that ML down the street more less drive it every day why some jackleg mechanic(dont take harm, I know he is you hs buddy and all) plays learn while you go on your $60k vehicle.

I think these guys dont know what they are doing..

Maybe your right but my thinking is few dealers offer loaners and renting a car is expensive so taking a few minutes to show gratitude for getting a loaner is not all that bad a jesture. I put gas in my loaner before I return it and I have washed it myself in my driveway before returning it, but to each his own.
BMW eater saying that nos has no bearing on this guys service issue could be true. However, please remember what N20 does.... it significantly increases pressure so more gas can be burned in the combustion chamber. Combine more pressure from N20 with more pressure from the super charger and this overall increase in pressure could contribute to seal related problems.
Old 11-05-2005 | 07:54 AM

2002 MB E55 AMG
Well you could be driving a Bradley in Iraq and be worried that the sticky stuff on the wheel is coming from YOU.

TJC
Old 11-05-2005 | 10:26 AM

Lexus
Intake leak sounds like the problem, that sucks. Vacuum runs most auto trannys, not sure on the 55 but probably based on the problems with shifting.
My bad, I guess they do know what they are doing. Hope they get it fixed, maybe they will drop a screw in the intake while it is open unknowingly. That would probably get you a new engine under warranty. Just think more time in the ML yipee!

Costs to high for loaner cars, then they should drop their service rate for $85/hr to the normal 50/hr. My **** poor dealership in BG at least gives you current last 3 model year cars even though you might get a c230 for an e55. They would not think about giving out a dirty car, they would make you wait an hour while they clean it up instead of giving you a sticky wheel If you are going to have a MB dealer then loaner cars are a requirement to compete with other dealerships like Toyota. Customer service is really lacking if your MB dealer does not offer loaner cars but Toyota does.
Old 11-05-2005 | 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I could care less if it was a 1986 honda, as long as it was clean. I'm talking this one they gave me is like NASTY NASTY. Like drinks were spilled all on the console, seats, steering wheel, with what looks like, potato chip crumbs allll over the floor. I mean how hard is it to send it to clean up and just vacum the damn thing. And they kind of did have to give me something to drive because I set an appointment up at 11am to take my car in and set up there until 4:30 when they decided they weren't going to be able to finish it that day which was planned. And....my post wasn't just for the loaner, I was also stating it sucks that my motor has to be taken apart. Jeez, you don't have to be an *******.
Notice that he is on probation for a reason.

Also, I don't care what anyone says... if you bring in a 80k AMG for service... they shouldn't put you in a POS.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 11-05-2005 at 12:09 PM.