W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Just added Kleemann headers and re-do Renntech ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005 | 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Just added Kleemann headers and re-do Renntech ECU

WOW!!! And I am not one to throw around superlatives. Have had a Renntech pulley and ECU for about a year now and while nice I remember when I had it done I was a little disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. Anyway, I knew I wanted headers and did not want to spend the extra $$ that Renntech was charging for their headers. So, I have been talking and swapping e-mails with Cory for a couple of months now and like every one else here has said, they guy is amazing to deal with. EVERY e-mail is answered quickly, and with as much info. as you could ever want. Even non Kleemann questions he would spend as much time as needed. I would buy from him even if his products were slightly below the competition due to the customer service. Have never received that level of service or responsivenss from any of the other tuners discussed here.

Cory told me to go ahead and keep my Renntech pulley as it's a very good product and no need to change it. The installer shipped him my ECU and he re-programmed it for me free of charge, which I didn't know he was going to do. The car is just much more responsive in every way. I'm breaking the tires loose so easily it's scary!! The difference between the headers and when I first did the pulley and ECU is huge. The improvement was huge and noticed immediately. I also did the water pump.

Unfortunately I never had my car dyno'ed stock so I didn't have a baseline. I did dyno it with the Renntech mods and it pulled, if my memory is correct 460 rwhp and 493 rwtq. I had it at the track once and it's best time was a 12.02.

I'll be trying to get it back on the dyno and the track in the next few weeks. It will be fun to see what differences i'll see. Kind of worred about trying to launch this thing though!!
Old 11-13-2005 | 01:01 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Very nice! Congrats!

Cory is a great guy and always willing to help regardless of whether you are a customer or not.

Can't wait to see what your new dyno #s will be.

Enjoy and drive safe!
Old 11-13-2005 | 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Awesome!~!
Old 11-13-2005 | 07:43 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

Drives Slowly
If you must modify your car, Cory and company are wonderful to deal with.
A five star outfit. Enjoy the ride.