Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
When you do, I'm gonna start a new thread

"These Lamborghini guys kill me!!"

Figuratively speaking, of course. I think you've got a Gallardo covered You could probably give him cars and the kick, depending on what you decided to roll out of the garage...
Old 11-25-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNTech G55 / Bentley GT / Range Rover / Lambo Superleggera
When you do, I'm gonna start a new thread

"These Lamborghini guys kill me!!"
I am excited to get back out at the track this weekend - 9:30 at the Gas Station, I need a tank of 100 octane! I will see you there .... BTW: Is Lou going?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Originally Posted by AzCLS2006
I am excited to get back out at the track this weekend - 9:30 at the Gas Station, I need a tank of 100 octane! I will see you there .... BTW: Is Lou going?
He's gonna be in Hawaii. I guess it's up to you and me to put the smack down on!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
The Vette has one purpose in live.... To go fast

What a hilarious post. Those Vette guys don't get it or they argue like they were born in the back seat of a 1st gen Vette.

The Vette has one purpose in live.... To go fast. If it gets beat by a M5, E55, or any NON 2 door car it has failed because it has one reason for existing.

The Benz has multiple purposes in life...to PIMP, to transport 4 large adults confortably in luxury sedan....last I checked sedan's are supposed to weight a lot....a high correlation between weight and luxury in this class of vehicles, to illustrate status, and oh by the way, its fast...if it happens to beat a C6 Z06 then I have to laugh my *** off because it was built with more than one purpose in life.

Amongst the wealthier economic strata Vette's unfortuantly are associated with Redneck's that hit the loto.

Some one that is well to do is looking for status and speed (911 TT, Ferrari, Lambo, etc) not speed and speed.

When you drive a M5, E55, Porsche 911TT, Aston Martin, Maybach, etc. the message "you have arrived" is broadcasted whether you like it or not. The same is not true of the Vette. When I used to drive around in my 800 hp Supra years ago it gave off the vibe "I am a kid/chump" I don't think the Vette sends off much more than "Basement Bargain American Speed"

Now given my thoughts I would definitely not mind having one as a second car to my E55 but definitely would not take it over my "heavy ***" Benzo.

I can't wait to find a Z06 on the road and run it from a launch...unless its modded I will likely take it to 100mph.

And oh, btw....no one raps about rolling with 20s on a Vette, lol.

Last edited by e55 baller; 11-26-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:55 AM

02 ML320, 06 E350
The Vetts problem is they drastically change the model and reinvent the car instead of a steady evolution. If you look back at every European car their is some detail that was on the very first car. a great example is porsche you can see the evolution of the car from day 1 to present. they had a design and kept improving upon it. Now if you look at the Vett it resembles nothing of the earlier vets in-fact just about ever 10-15 years the vett has had a drastic body change. I am a Vett fan but they stopped making the real vett in the 60's and just carried the name tag to today. Kind of like the mustangs way back in the day they used to be some what of a good car, ford drastically change the style and in my eyes killed the original mustang that just carried over the name tag. All though i might add the new Vett does look sharp but if giving the choice of a new C6 Z06 or a 1950-60's Vett i would take the old one face it, the old one sounds better, looks better, and is an American icon.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
what i find funny, is that vette owners always bag on ricers for saying i paid less, yet they use the same excuse....

Hell i could buy an 89 5.0 GT, or LX Coupe Fox Body and beat the **** out of every z06 i came across for half the price. Does that make it a better car?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:43 AM

07 S65
I think most of the guys are just like we are, they don't like someone coming onto their Vette forum talking up another brand. With that said, they do have a couple of guys that just don't get it. After watching Mike's car at the track, I would love to have a stock Z pull up next to me (when I was stock) at a light on the street. No way that car on the street will be a stock E55 every time. They don't think a stock E55 will have a chance against a well driven Z. I don't think the car can come close to launching on the street. Not happening! That car is way to hard to launch at a prepped dragstrip to think it will do even close on the street.

Derrick
Old 11-27-2005, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by e55 baller
...The Benz has multiple purposes in life...to PIMP...

...............Some one that is well to do is looking for status and speed (911 TT, Ferrari, Lambo, etc) not speed and speed...........

....When you drive a M5, E55, Porsche 911TT, Aston Martin, Maybach, etc. the message "you have arrived" is broadcasted whether you like it or not. The same is not true of the Vette. When I used to drive around in my 800 hp Supra years ago it gave off the vibe "I am a kid/chump".............
You sure seem concerned with how people view you.

Not everyone who purchases an E55 or M5, etc. are concerned with projecting status and "pimping". Someone that is truly "well to do" and successful already HAS status - they don't need an E55 to give them that respect. You think people who are truly successful have to purchase their status at a Benz dealership?

Why were you a chump for being in a Supra? Its just a car man! Same as a 997 or S class - its a car - nothing more - nothing less. One may be nicer than the other but it certainly does not make you more or less of a man.

Life is too short to constantly worry about posturing and appearances.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:21 AM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by AMGman22

Not everyone who purchases an E55 or M5, etc. are concerned with projecting status and "pimping". Someone that is truly "well to do" and successful already HAS status - they don't need an E55 to give them that respect. You think people who are truly successful have to purchase their status at a Benz dealership?

Why were you a chump for being in a Supra? Its just a car man! Same as a 997 or S class - its a car - nothing more - nothing less. One may be nicer than the other but it certainly does not make you more or less of a man.

Ohhh....post number 1 and bashing already...

Remember: "Perception is Reality"
Old 11-27-2005, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban

You hit the nail right on the head. I'd said it on here before - I bought my E55 because it looks like a plain E class to the casual observer. It doesn't advertise money or HP
Old 11-27-2005, 12:18 PM

Thumbs up

So true.
Even Bill Gates was driving a Honda until he became a billionaire. Now that shows class, character, and high culture.

Rolling with the 20s is just ugly... It is like the worst thing one can do to the originality of a Benz.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Falco
Ohhh....post number 1 and bashing already...

Remember: "Perception is Reality"
Not bashing - just sharing a point of view - thats all.

I had a business client several years ago that owned several hundred million dollars of commercial real estate. Built the business himself from scratch. In terms of monetary wealth he was certainly "successful". His favorite ride? An Ford F150 truck.

Perception is reality? Sometimes the perception provided is merely a fictional veil designed to hide the truth.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:59 PM

Corvette guys on a Corvette forum Praise Corvette Cars.
What exactly is the problem here?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
The common choice of millionaires is the F150...
Old 11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
That thread is actually pretty funny or pathetic depending upon how you look at it. You have a 30 year old with an S430 that signed up on the site less than two weeks ago asking for help on deciding whether to buy a regular C6. He doesn't own the car, probably has never driven the damn car, but he knows just how great the C6 Z06 is.

And he just knows for sure that none of us guys can run faster than 12.5 in bone stock E's. We are all full of it, I guess.

I have no problem with the general view that the C6Z06 is quicker than a stock E in the quarter. Unless the Z driver is just plain bad, he or she should win. But to read some ill-informed person with no first hand experience berate others that have a different view is sad.

As an owner of a 12.0X second bone stock E55 and the former owner of a modded 02 Z06, I thought I had something to add to the thread. But it is just not worth the aggravation.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
I have to say that to me, any street car that gets into the 12's is ***** out fast.

I had a '70 Dodge Challenger w/426 Hemi that I bought new (yes guys...new, I"m 53) that would make 12.90's on a good day. I also had a '70 LS-6 Chevelle that would get there if the Launch Gods were smiling on me that day.

A 'vette is made to haul *** period. They are fast but don't take a road trip in one. They are hell on your *** and spine!!!

To me...what is sweet is to be able to drive an E55 AMG from 'Lauderdale to Chicago with 2 couples and some luggage...probably average 22~24 MPG....then clean it up and drive it to any country club....savoring the fact that you drive one of the world's best automobiles. You could slip out late at night and give all the local street monsters a thrill and never put it in a real strain.

It's amazing to me to see a 4 door sedan that weighs 2 tons run in the 12's...I love it!! And I thought my Hemi was fast!!

Just my thoughts.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:57 PM

Lexus
The bad thing is The rickers is a former mod here I think(maybe just a member)... That is the 30 year old you were talking about'

He has Crossed Over to the dark side..

Heavy mercedes..WTF? Isn't that why we love them. Pull up next to a mid life crisis happening in motion and then blow them away in an old mans car..(not really an old mans car just saying)
Old 11-28-2005, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by williws
Pull up next to a mid life crisis happening in motion and then blow them away
Old 11-28-2005, 11:17 PM

'06 Mercedes E350
haha ... I have been a member of the Corvette forums for awhile now bcuz I was considering a Vette for some reason but I dont even like the Vette community anymore. All they think is that the Corvette is the best sports car out there.

Not sure if you noticed RenntechV12 but its you and I that are the only ones that prove all these american enthusiates wrong. Not sure if others noticed but these people rather have a Z06 over a CGT!! That is just crazy...

-Kam
Old 11-28-2005, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by KamPow3r
haha ... I have been a member of the Corvette forums for awhile now bcuz I was considering a Vette for some reason but I dont even like the Vette community anymore. All they think is that the Corvette is the best sports car out there.

Not sure if you noticed RenntechV12 but its you and I that are the only ones that prove all these american enthusiates wrong. Not sure if others noticed but these people rather have a Z06 over a CGT!! That is just crazy...

-Kam

I think the Vette is cool, but they are in denial.

I acknowledge a great car when it's great, the new Z06 is a great car FOR THE PRICE.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 AM

'06 Mercedes E350
[IMG]
I acknowledge a great car when it's great, the new Z06 is a great car FOR THE PRICE.
Exactly!! I will give credit where credit is due and the Z06 is a great car but c`mon it aint no CGT/Enzo/MC-12/Zonda/CCR. These guys on the Vette forums arent "true" car enthusiast, they are all about American Pride and their American cars.

Its funny sometimes when they try to prove their facts and it really doesnt show its better then most European cars. haha

-Kam
Old 11-29-2005, 04:27 AM

C 230K Coupé
Great car it sure is, one of the best deals you can get for such performance.
Greatest car? Not even close, there is absolutely no beauty in the engineering of that car. Pushrod V8 in a fiberglass body... great anyone could've come up with that one. But a W16 quad-turbo'ed (Bugatti Veyron) is just amazing engineering...
Let people think what they want, there is absolutely no point in changing other people's opinions... i say just love what you drive, who cares what others think...
Old 11-29-2005, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i dunno how people compare a benz to a vette.
they are 2 different types of cars
Old 11-29-2005, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by sprink49
A 'vette is made to haul *** period. They are fast but don't take a road trip in one. They are hell on your *** and spine!!!

To me...what is sweet is to be able to drive an E55 AMG from 'Lauderdale to Chicago with 2 couples and some luggage...probably average 22~24 MPG....then clean it up and drive it to any country club....savoring the fact that you drive one of the world's best automobiles. You could slip out late at night and give all the local street monsters a thrill and never put it in a real strain.

It's amazing to me to see a 4 door sedan that weighs 2 tons run in the 12's...I love it!! And I thought my Hemi was fast!!

Just my thoughts.

I have taken 8+hr single day road trips in my Corvette, no problems here. It's comfortable and will get 28mpg on the highway... oh yeah, it runs 10s in the 1/4 and has 600+hp.

Will it match the comfort of my E55? No. Is it uncomfortable? No.

IMO, there are more idiots on Corvette Forum than any other Corvette website out there. I know a lot of Corvette owners and they are car guys. They don't worship at the altar of Zora, but rather just enjoy the performance of a nice, V8, RWD, manual tranny, American sportscar.

Bashing Corvette owners for the comments of a couple of people is like branding all MB owners as snobs because you read a couple of tools here bashing Corvettes
Old 11-29-2005, 09:36 AM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Originally Posted by AMG_55
i dunno how people compare a benz to a vette.
they are 2 different types of cars
I've got both and agree. It's like trying to compare a thoroughbred to a jaguar, They are different animals but both are beautiful and fast.