Sponsored by:

Has anyone had this happen?...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Z06
Has anyone had this happen?...

I had a friend of mine accidently broke off the headrest adjustment piece on the passenger side door. I was wondering if this was an expensive fix? Don't know if anyone has had something like this happen with one of the pieces of their door.

Also, a little off topic, does anyone know how much a new ECU is, so that I can have one for stock, and one from Kleemann with the speedlimiter taken off and tuned. Thanks.

Matthew Haynes

Last edited by MHaynes772; 11-27-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't know if it's possible to buy a new ECU chip in itself.. but you can try.

If you're talking about a re-flash, you could go RENNtech, Brabus, and a lot of other companies through Neal @ www.euroteckmotorsports.com or if you want Kleemann you can give Mike a shout @ www.evosport.com
Old 11-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Almost a Member!

05 E55
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
I had a friend of mine accidently broke off the headrest adjustment piece on the passenger side door. I was wondering if this was an expensive fix? Don't know if anyone has had something like this happen with one of the pieces of their door.

Thanks.

Matthew Haynes
I had the same piece break off, the dealer fixed it for free.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Also, a little off topic, does anyone know how much a new ECU is, so that I can have one for stock, and one from Kleemann with the speedlimiter taken off and tuned. Thanks.
HA.....I wanted to do the SAME thing. Not sure if they would ever sell it to you, but after like 5 calls to 5 different stealers, got one to give me a price of a little over a grand. They kept hammering me "now what are going you to go again??"

I think that is a killer idea. Those of us that have really *****ty dealers never really know if they flashed ECU or not.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:14 PM

2008 Z06
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
HA.....I wanted to do the SAME thing. Not sure if they would ever sell it to you, but after like 5 calls to 5 different stealers, got one to give me a price of a little over a grand. They kept hammering me "now what are going you to go again??"

I think that is a killer idea. Those of us that have really *****ty dealers never really know if they flashed ECU or not.

Man, I'm right on your page. My dealerships service department SUCKS!!! The guy who works on my car is fine, but the manager back there blows a big one! I just want an extra Computer to swap out when going in for service.

Originally Posted by BO55
I had the same piece break off, the dealer fixed it for free.

My dealer would NEVER do such a thing. Free? What the heII is that?