Sponsored by:

Track Days in Pahrump! F430, Gallardo,Viper,E55, Ford GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Track Days in Pahrump! F430, Gallardo,Viper,E55, Ford GT

First I have to start with thank you. This was the best Track Day ever.

DC-Motors
Rented the Track for 2 days for his friends and clients to bring there Exotics to run them.
http://www.dc-motors.com/
Spring Mountain Advanced Racing School
ALL professional instructors with major driving talent that showed us the line and got us all warmed up to the tracks. There are 3 track configurations now a 3.2 mile, 2.1 mile, and 1.6 mile tracks we ran the 3 and 2 mile track for the most part. All 3 tracks had fresh asphalt and great grip.
http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

I drove and raced side by side with the following:
1) 06 Ferrari F430 F1 Red with the Carbon brake upgrade
2) 05 Lamborghini Gallardo Black- Brand new
3) 05 Ford GT Silver w/Black strips- Full Spec. Best Car in ¼ and around track.
4) 04 Viper SRT-10 Black- Full Spec 5000 Miles
5) 05 E55- Stock- BFG G-Force KD tires
6) 04 Corvette Z06- School Track cars with 40,000 plus miles, STOCK
7) 05 Radical 1500cc Hybusa 1200lbs with slicks

We had the track to the 6 of use all day each day. We all put about 250-300 track miles on our cars. So that would be like 125-150 laps.

It's all Driver at the track.

F430- I loved the sound of the F430 and the perfect blips on the down shifts made it easy to hit all the apex because that is all you had to do at the entry of the corner was look it. The car did all the work ABS brakes with the Carbon rotors and F1 very easy to drive hard. Got up to 125 in the straights that end in a 80mph right hander that never gets straight ( If running the line you can get car straight for about 1 second the thresh hold brake, blip, shift to 2nd , turn, gas then a hair pin) then hair pin left. F430 made these turns easy.

Gallardo- Great track car very fast, brakes will never fade on this car. 20 laps and no fade, 5 minute cool down (for the driver) and 20 more laps NO FADE! Tires did fade when my brother in a 04 Z06 was chasing it down. I think the drive was not on line and over ran and heated the tires and spun out. Car did stay on track we passed and he kept going. This has got to be the Best Exotic for the money. Very Reliable and Durable.

Ford GT- WOW At the track this car is like a cannon was lit. Fast and Furious! GRIP, Slip, and pull away from anything in the straights, Turns, and braking but car did get some brake fade. I will be working on that. Higher temp brake fluid, mod brake ducts. It is harder to see the apex with the large A-Pillars of the GT. At 140mph in the straights, this is the fastest of them all.

Viper- I had my hands full with this car. The viper was all over the track. At first I was unsure what to expect from the Viper I have heard some very bad stories about having the tendency to spin out. They do!!! I learned that you have to do all and I mean all your braking before you turn in. No Trail braking in a Viper. If you don’t the back end is to light and comes around due to the big V-10 in front. When you brake it just loads up the front ever more and at same time unloads the back end, but the Viper does recover quickly once you dial in a few clicks of counter steer. Great car. I ran down the Gallardo and the Z06 many times in the Viper. I would now like to own a viper and have great repect for the power the car has.

E55- Got to the track and my left rear spring broke. Car is still in Las Vegas at Fletcher Jones I hope the ship it back to me. MBZ SERVICE sucks. they left me stranded with no car in the desert. They will be hearing from me Monday. NO LAPS on the E55. Sucks because I have raced with these guys before and I know I was going to get better lap times in the E55.

Corvette Z06 –If you run the line in the Z06 It can pass any car. I loved the Z06. In fact I kept getting in the Z06 over the Viper or Gallardo. Z06 is easy to drive, brakes are great never faded. At 123 mph in the straights, then into thresh hold braking. Very forgiving easy to blip or heal toe down shifts. Again this car can run with or pass them all on the track. Z06 worked hard and earned my respect lap after lap after lap. I am going to get the 06 Z06 for my track car. Warranty, Reliable, cheap, Warranty easy to drive.

Radical- The fastest best track only car in the world. Entry level racing with Indy light track times.

I can write for days, but in stead I invite you all to the track to experience the thrill. I will post the next track days. Should be the first or 2nd week in January.

Last edited by draggingcents2; 12-12-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:45 AM
ON PROBATION

Thumbs up

Great Post. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
sounds like a epic day!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:54 AM

2005 E55
Still on cloud 9. To top it off the owner of the track has a R-44 helicoptor and gave us all a ride. I will be sure to post the next date at the track.

Keanu Reeves was at the track all day both days as well. We had lunch and dinner with him and his crew. Great guy but don't ever let him drive your Gallardo. He stunk it up. He still has the long black hairy face. All of them are professional sport f--kers.

Last edited by draggingcents2; 12-13-2005 at 01:02 AM.