Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few...
I just used the Magic Wand tool and highlighted all the white on the car, you can still see some edges but it was just a quick job. Then you go to Layer Adjustments and Go to Variations and you can mess with Highlights, Shadows, Midtones, etc. and all you do is click the other variations and they will progressively get that way the more you click them. You can also adjust the levels but for basic things, the variations are the way to go unless you are really wanting to get specific.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:39 PM

04 CL600
I read that putting a 50% tint on a factory 78% tint window will reduce the light to below legal limits where I am from. How do I find out what my car has tinted from the factory?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
I often wonder why the cops don't spend more time cracking down on left lane slugs, red light runners, non turn signaling idiots, and cell phone blabbering mouth breathers instead of busting ***** about what % tint is on your car. Sorry, I needed to vent...
Old 01-02-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by t-boy
I read that putting a 50% tint on a factory 78% tint window will reduce the light to below legal limits where I am from. How do I find out what my car has tinted from the factory?
You could have it tested with a tint meter. My local police dept has one and we used it on my gf's car.

http://www.chiefsupply.com/tint-meter.phtml

http://www.tintmetersonline.com/
Old 01-02-2006, 08:32 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
I have a 05 Flint Grey E55 and have windows that came with the light blue, and thinking of getting them tinted. What percent do you guys recommend for the back and the front? Also are my windows just light blue or is there a tint on it that i have to peel off?

Thanks
Check the pics in the link in my sig

I am 20%, i did 20 because I have the pano roof and it lets alot of light in.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:40 PM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Originally Posted by Torquey55
I often wonder why the cops don't spend more time cracking down on left lane slugs, red light runners, non turn signaling idiots, and cell phone blabbering mouth breathers instead of busting ***** about what % tint is on your car. Sorry, I needed to vent...
I agree competely unfortunately hogging the left lane and talking on a cell are legal. There was a bill that passed through the FL legislature "road rage reduction act" if memory serves me which would have made left lane hogging a ticketable offense, but Jeb vetoed it. For the most part i'm a fan of Jeb's and I think he usually makes good decisions, the only reason I can think for the veto would be lobbying by AARP and other groups for seniors.

The whole point of this ramble was for us FL people to write our elected officials and tell them to pass this kind of legislation. You can also join the NMA nma.org which is like the NRA but for drivers, they help fight low speed limits, red light cameras, over aggressive dui laws, ect.

Thanks for listening and sorry for going off topic.