W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

ANyone have a good shipping company

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65 AMG
ANyone have a good shipping company

I am looking for someone to ship my car to KLEEMANN in colorado. I would like to see if I can get a 5 day turn around. Cory said he needs about 3 days and I am like 380 miles from them so I am hoping to send it on a Monday and get it back On Friday?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:17 PM

2003 E55
Originally Posted by 06E55
I am looking for someone to ship my car to KLEEMANN in colorado. I would like to see if I can get a 5 day turn around. Cory said he needs about 3 days and I am like 380 miles from them so I am hoping to send it on a Monday and get it back On Friday?

Kim Riggs -
Reindeer Auto Relocation
800-428-0589
(317) 299-2878
(317) 299-3099 - Fax
Old 12-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Received 524 Likes on 112 Posts
Drives Slowly
I used FedEx/Passport to ship my car to Cory. All enclosed carriers, the best prices and it's FedEx!!!!!

Expect to pay extra if you want the car shipped and returned on a specific schedule.

Here ya go: FedEx
Old 12-14-2005, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
InterCity Transport -- "official carrier of the Barrett Jackson auction"

I used them to ship my car to CO.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
InterCity Transport -- "official carrier of the Barrett Jackson auction"

I used them to ship my car to CO.

Used InterCity and was very happy!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
Originally Posted by 04E55 AMG
Used InterCity and was very happy!

Not only did Intercity shred my tire, but they could never arrange a return visit as their midwest trucks have all been full. I was lucky when a big orange Reliable truck just happened to be passing through and a broker found it.

Bottom line, this is a horrible time to ship. Not only are trucking companies really booked and lead times shot, but the weather is getting harsh and you should expect more delays. Cory couldn't even drive my car home from the dealer last week because the roads were ice.

I'd drive it myself if I were you, take a mini vacation...

otherwise, wait until january when you can really nail down a start and end time... most of these companies quote 7 to 10 days to pick up and the same for delivery... not a 5 day turnaround... not a lot of enclosed carriers going through CO Springs.

InterCity is fine... Reliable is the same... Passport is over priced... and you'll probably end up needing a broker to get the car back... getting it there is easier.

Loren
Old 12-14-2005, 11:18 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by Loren
Not only did Intercity shred my tire, but they could never arrange a return visit as their midwest trucks have all been full. I was lucky when a big orange Reliable truck just happened to be passing through and a broker found it.

Bottom line, this is a horrible time to ship. Not only are trucking companies really booked and lead times shot, but the weather is getting harsh and you should expect more delays. Cory couldn't even drive my car home from the dealer last week because the roads were ice.

I'd drive it myself if I were you, take a mini vacation...

otherwise, wait until january when you can really nail down a start and end time... most of these companies quote 7 to 10 days to pick up and the same for delivery... not a 5 day turnaround... not a lot of enclosed carriers going through CO Springs.

InterCity is fine... Reliable is the same... Passport is over priced... and you'll probably end up needing a broker to get the car back... getting it there is easier.

Loren
You just had your car there. Damn if there was ice a week ago I know it is only going to get worse. I would take it to him tomm if he had the time. Cory said they are booked until 2nd or 3rd week in Jan and open all of Feb but that is the worst month for snow. I guess I could just through it on a flat bed and use my H2 to tow it to him. CVory also said I could take it to evolution motorsports in AZ. I have talked to them before and they seem like a good group who knows there crap. They are just about an extra 200 miles away but no snow.