Blah blah blah...more E63 news blah blah blah

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Blah blah blah...more E63 news blah blah blah

Getting sick of this *****.....let's get some concrete info from Benz for once.

It's only bout 6 months out.

(Jakpro1 walks away mumbling about them taking off the blower)

In addition to the juicy E-Class gossip we just brought you, Auto Motor und Sport has shed some light on a subject Mercedes-Benz owners are dying to know: "What new AMG models can we expect to see in 2006?" We get questions about this all the time, so if Auto Motor und Sport is accurate, this should answer all you power-hungry MB owners' questions. According to the article, Mercedes is planning an onslaught of AMG models in 2006. Here's the rundown: 1) The S 65 AMG, featuring a 612 horsepower V12 2) The CLK 63 AMG, featuring a 482 horsepower V8 3) The E 63 AMG, featuring a 515 horsepower V8 4) The CLS 63 AMG, featuring a 515 horsepower V8 The article also mentions some disappointing news for fans of the AMG- developed M156 engine. According to the story, due to high costs, the M156 is already approaching the end of its short lifespan. Instead, Mercedes will probably opt to use their newly introduced V8 paired with a supercharger. If your vehicle didn't make the list, remember - there's always 2007. My apologies to all you G 63 fans. For more Mercedes-Benz news and information, visit eMercedesBenz at www.eMercedesBenz.com
Old 12-21-2005, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
That's gonna be one fast CLK...
Old 12-21-2005, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
So 515 6.3 + a supercharger!? thats gonna be about 600-650 hp?

Not bad!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by BoBcanada

Not bad!

What would I call the E 63 FI ? My next car.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:43 AM

a few...
wow why such a short life for the M156
Old 12-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Banned

w210 E55
If anyone has seen any of my posts............you will quickly realize I'm somewhat of an anti-bmw/AMG freak. :v

BUT......................

I'm jealous of how BMW sets the hype on new products followed up by kick-a$$ commercials......................while Mercedes seems to leave us in the dark on new products with **** advertisement. Why do I mention the commercials? Because it builds desire in the product (for newbies) and sets/shows that our cars are NOT run-of-the-mill cars!

It seems there is a stronger loyalty with BMW because of it. Hell.......it seems not one singal person at AMG/Mercedes knows what to tell us/public. Everytime someone comes back from a AMG sponsered class/track day............not one single response on future products (from the AMG reps) are that accurate. Do they know? What is the puppet master's plan with the smoke and mirrors?

We are the ones forking over 80K + for these cars and seem to have NO ONE from Mercedes/AMG helping us keep the loyality.

Sorry for the rant
Old 12-21-2005, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
who cares about ads and hype, i want a kick *** product at the end. thats more important.

Trending Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
due to high costs
After I the 2nd reading of this article, that really is scary. "Due to high costs" means Benz doesn't make the profit they need off it and they are gonna give us a lower quality motor in exchange for more $$$$$ in the bank. Hope Benz doesn't have to learn the GM lesson. GM radically cutting production, while at the same time Toyota/Lexus (great service and quality) is so busy, they are increasing production. Course mayyyyyyyyybe they received such negative feedback, they are gonna go back to blowers.....no complaints here if that's the case.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
.............the article says Mb will probably pair the new V8 with a s/c. Nothing in there is defiinite on s/c's. I will love it, but I doubt that they will put a s/c together with an 11:1 compression V8 engine. I think it is safe to say that the new E63 will be 515 NA high compression V8 with more power and less torque than the W211 W55.

Ted
Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
ON PROBATION

My sources in Germany tell me that even they don't know how things are going to work out...and when.
We're just going to have to sit and wait on this one guys...it's not like we're puting in orders for E63's or whatever right now.....
I do know that the Chrysler portion of Daimler-Chrysler is still bleeding over a billion a quarter -- that's got to hurt. But sales are up for MBZ, and they just decided to keep the plant in Steyr running and to expand the plant in Alabama -- so it's not the end of the world...just trying to get things 'sorted' as my Brit friends say?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
who cares about ads and hype, i want a kick *** product at the end. thats more important.
Maybe your missing the point ...................that hype made a lot of people switch to BMW to only learn that it WAS hype (not trying to bash the M5 :p )

Marketing=More Customers=More Money=Better products (not complaining )=Better service (okay.....now I'm complaining) in which all leads to BETTER Customer Support..i.e/ more track sessions,improved racing,bring in covered maintenace under warranty (BMW).......and so on.

AMG speaks for itself to all of us...............but maybe it would be nice if they opened the doors a little bit and let everyone else HEAR what they have to say.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by amgdriven
Maybe your missing the point ...................that hype made a lot of people switch to BMW to only learn that it WAS hype (not trying to bash the M5 :p )

Marketing=More Customers=More Money=Better products (not complaining )=Better service (okay.....now I'm complaining) in which all leads to BETTER Customer Support..i.e/ more track sessions,improved racing,bring in covered maintenace under warranty (BMW).......and so on.

AMG speaks for itself to all of us...............but maybe it would be nice if they opened the doors a little bit and let everyone else HEAR what they have to say.
I work for a company just like this!! We set the trend, invent, etc. but don't tell anyone about it (German, by the way-one of the largest companies in the world). Meanwhile, our biggest competitor is a marketing gorilla (US company) and all they do is market and advertise. Funny thing is that I used to work for them. It's interesting being on the other side, but this aspect is extremely frustrating.

Both companies are well known, with the "marketing gorilla" being a household name. Care to guess who they are?! First prize is a...
Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by ClayJ
My sources in Germany tell me that even they don't know how things are going to work out...and when.
We're just going to have to sit and wait on this one guys...it's not like we're puting in orders for E63's or whatever right now.....
I do know that the Chrysler portion of Daimler-Chrysler is still bleeding over a billion a quarter -- that's got to hurt. But sales are up for MBZ, and they just decided to keep the plant in Steyr running and to expand the plant in Alabama -- so it's not the end of the world...just trying to get things 'sorted' as my Brit friends say?
Sorry,it's the other way around,MB is losing $$'s hand over fist ,while Chrysler arm is bringing a nice profit .
Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 PM

a few...
what company do you work for? Im really interested to know now, and I dont even know where to start with the guessing.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:46 PM
ON PROBATION

$1.1B last quarter, and $1.4B the quarter before, wasn't it?
Old 12-21-2005, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,071 Likes on 859 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Yeah,........at 3 to 4 psi!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Originally Posted by cte430
I work for a company just like this!! We set the trend, invent, etc. but don't tell anyone about it (German, by the way-one of the largest companies in the world). Meanwhile, our biggest competitor is a marketing gorilla (US company) and all they do is market and advertise. Funny thing is that I used to work for them. It's interesting being on the other side, but this aspect is extremely frustrating.

Both companies are well known, with the "marketing gorilla" being a household name. Care to guess who they are?! First prize is a...

A little over 5 years ago when I bought my e55........I was beside myself with accomplishment and pride. Worked my *** off to get it.

BUT....................

Got a little frustrated when no one had a clue how rare or special it was. I know this sounds like I wanted to get attention and show off...........but I did.
****........I earned it. But it wasn't special in anyone's eye. Hell........my friends with vetts and mustangs would get more attention when they told someone what they drove. My point to this verbal vomit is.....................AMGs are rare pieces of technology.................................and no one has a clue or respect when we drive one. It is only when we kick their ***'s in a race do they recognize.

Mention M5 or M3.............ah hell..........fastest cars on the planet earth.

MARKETING my friends.............marketing.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Instead, Mercedes will probably opt to use their newly introduced V8 paired with a supercharger.

Does "their newly introduced V8" refer to the 63 (AMG developed) or the new V8 (Mercedes developed) coming up in the S550?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:00 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0

SAP
Oracle
Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by DRCrowder
SAP
Oracle
Nope, nice try. "Give our departing guest his prize" LOL
Old 12-21-2005, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by merc655
what company do you work for? Im really interested to know now, and I dont even know where to start with the guessing.
Come on, give it a try! The former company is really easy. Household name. Both companies do everything from A to Z.

My current company: German, 150 yrs old. Try again and if you need i'll give you some more hints.

Eddie Knopp and Spero, you can't play

Last edited by cte430; 12-21-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
............I gre ith mot of ht you said, but one thing really needs to be corrected. While it may be popular to blame Chrysler for the loss of profits DC Ag is experiencing, It turns out Chrysler is the one making money while mercedes is loosing morning. There was a thread a few months\ago in which you said the same thing and was corrected. Yes the no good American car company is actually the one currently bank riolling the might benz and its CEO has now replaced the CEO of the mercedes unit as the CEO of the entire DC AG. Chrysler derives its credit. If you have factual info to the contrary which we are not aware of, please feel free to correct me.

Ted
Old 12-21-2005, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Come on, give it a try! The former company is really easy. Household name. Both companies do everything from A to Z.

My current company: German, 150 yrs old. Try again and if you need i'll give you some more hints.

Eddie Knopp and Spero, you can't play

ABMWZ company?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:26 PM

ML350 '06
Originally Posted by amgdriven

I would like to think that Mercedes puts more money into R&D than fluff marketing.

It's certainly true about the AMG badge though...almost no one knows of or has ever heard of AMG.

Nick
Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 PM

Actually it is the Benz portion that is bleeding the billion dollar... The Chrysler portion is actually the one making the money for the last 16 months or so.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins...A01-166337.htm

Mercedes posted a $1.2 billion loss in the first quarter due to declining sales, a costly initiative to shore up nagging quality problems and a $1 billion charge to restructure its Smart mini-car brand.
Chrysler reported a first-quarter operating profit of $327 million, down 11 percent from $366 million a year ago. The results marked Chrysler's seventh consecutive quarterly profit.
Info of 2 quarters ago

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blah blah blah...more E63 news blah blah blah