The "Wiggle" resolved: PS2 295 versus 285, 285 wins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 E55
The "Wiggle" resolved: PS2 295 versus 285, 285 wins

Survey says... 285.

My fishtailing and "wiggle" as others have decided to affectionately call it was completely caused by the 295/30/19 PS2s on the car. They rub under hard acceleration on the inside SIDE and TOP... and outside top SLIGHTLY, very slightly.

Do a K2 upgrade and have that much more power and you're amplifying the problem with even more compression at higher speeds. I was wiggling at 40, 50, 60... one side rubs and catches a little causing it to drag, then the otherside does and so on.

Putting 285/30/19 tires on... just that little centimeter... cured everything. Straight as an arrow.

I'm running Kinesis 19x10 wheels, so there may be some offset difference with some of you, but I doubt it because the rub is on BOTH sides of the 295 tire, and my car isn't lowered. So if you have 295 PS2s (which tend to run a little larger than other vendors' 295s) and you feel a drift / wiggle / movement in the rear, that's your problem. I can officially tell you the tires don't fit.

You can see the wear marks on the inside of your wheel well when you take off your tires... as subtle as they are. By the way, they don't rub if you're driving normally.

Amazing how such subtle rubbing throws everything off...

Loren