W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleemann upgrades - What about the warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Kleemann upgrades - What about the warranty?

I am seriously considering getting the Kleemann K1 upgrade, but am concerned that it will void my warranty. Is it worth it? Has anyone with a stock E55 AMG raced a K1 E55 AMG. Is it materially faster? Are we talking 1,2, 3 car lengths?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
K1 is just an ECU + Pulley.
It will only void warranty if you need service on an item that failed directly caused by those parts.

Legally it will only void warranty

The dealer probably won't be able to tell.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
I have read many posts and most guys are lucky that the dealer doesn't catch it. The question of a K1 being faster than a stock E55 is hard to say. Some stock E55's do a 1/4mile in 12.7 and others have done it with times as low as 11.98. There have been many K2 55's than can even come close to those #'s. 211 55's seem to vary from car to car by a rather large difference.
But I'm sure the K1 will make your car faster and wanting even more power. Power is like money, you can never have enough. I would love to have a 211 55.
Good luck.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:22 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Talk to your dealer and see what they think about modifications. When I spoke with the sales and management people they were totally against it and mentioned waranty issues. When I went to the Service manage and the technicians they were very helpful and have been helping we modify. It's fun for both of us. It's all about your relationship with your dealer. The guys I work with are great, in return I buy everyone in service and parts pizza, cookies and candy for Christmas, etc. Build a relationship, warranty is at their discretion.
PS: I have had to use warranty due to mod caused problems.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by dsc
Talk to your dealer and see what they think about modifications. When I spoke with the sales and management people they were totally against it and mentioned waranty issues. When I went to the Service manage and the technicians they were very helpful and have been helping we modify. It's fun for both of us. It's all about your relationship with your dealer. The guys I work with are great, in return I buy everyone in service and parts pizza, cookies and candy for Christmas, etc. Build a relationship, warranty is at their discretion.
PS: I have had to use warranty due to mod caused problems.
Thanks for the suggestion. Think I will build a relationship with the service manager and technicians first, and then put the K1, maybe K2 kit in the car.