Anyone need E55 Rotors ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Anyone need E55 Rotors ??

I ordered the Evosport 2 piece lightweight rotors with aluminum hats. They should be arriving along with my ported TB next week.

I will be selling my stock front & rear rotors if anyone needs a set.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
how many miles are on them and what would you be looking for them... I was thinking about going to Porterfield and having a two piece set would cost me as well...
Old 01-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hardrivr
how many miles are on them and what would you be looking for them... I was thinking about going to Porterfield and having a two piece set would cost me as well...
There is probably 10,000miles on them. Not very much wear on them at all and no sign of cracks.

Don't know what they are worth to be honest... Make me an offer.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:24 PM

2008 Z06
I'd like them, just in case mine crack after I road race in March, but I have no idea where to even begin offering...
Old 01-04-2006, 12:43 PM

w211 AMG
Will E55 rotors fit with stock E320 calipers?
Old 01-04-2006, 04:58 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by vrus
I ordered the Evosport 2 piece lightweight rotors with aluminum hats. They should be arriving along with my ported TB next week.

I was quoted $750 for a brake job including new rotors from Caliber Motors.

So I think that used rotors only are worth maybe $200? Who pays shipping?

I need a set mine are cracked and I am tring to sell car. I might pay $200 pm if interested.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by hochi
Nope, you will need new calipers, pads, maybe lines as well.

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2006, 05:04 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by hochi
Sure they just bolt right on.

It is a do it yourselfer.

May not even have to jack up car.

O, and the stock E320 rims are perfect for these rotors they will fit in nice.

I will have some custom rotors that are drilled with extra slots coming from each drill hole very trick and for sale. When they get hot the slots get bigger.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by draggingcents2
I was quoted $750 for a brake job including new rotors from Caliber Motors.

So I think that used rotors only are worth maybe $200? Who pays shipping?

I need a set mine are cracked and I am tring to sell car. I might pay $200 pm if interested.
The only prices I remember hearing was that someone on this board paid $1,000 to a dealer to have 2 front rotors replaced. I am assuming each rotor is worth $500 new.

Are you saying you would pay $200 per rotor or $200 complete for all 4??
Old 01-04-2006, 07:31 PM

2004 E55
what are the two piece rotor and hat combo costing you... how many miles are on the rotors appx. and what do you want for them... I will pay the shipping if the price is right!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
PMs sent to those that inquired.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Out Of Control!

Victor,

Good move on the Evo rotors! Also let me know what your impressions are on your new ported TB i'd like to know if there's a significant improvement.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JamE55
Victor,

Good move on the Evo rotors! Also let me know what your impressions are on your new ported TB i'd like to know if there's a significant improvement.
I've had those EVO rotors on "hold" for me for about 4months now.. I didnt want more parts sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, so I decided to wait until I was done with the project I was already doing. Now that it is out of the way, it's time to put the rotors on.

As for the TB.. You know me.. lots of dynos to follow... Still have to do a run with the new ECU program and see what these pullies & ECU are putting me at. Then we install the TB and do another run without altering the ECU and see what happens.

If I get the 15rwhp Vadim quoted I'll be happy.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Out Of Control!

That's great! Keep us posted. Just curious who's doing your ECU? Evo? Powerchip or who?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Got some seat time now in the car with the new EVO lightweight 2 piece rotors and pagid low dust pads (front only)... I retained the brake sensor with these pads.. They are a direct fit and NO SQUEELING.. These rotors are great!!!!! They look awesome thanks to the zinc coating on them. I really havent been able to quantify any differences in handling and/or acceleration but it must be alot better because the car just lost 34lbs of unsprung weight.. couple that with another 40lbs+ savings with my wheels and this car should be much more nimble now.

I didnt have a chance to weigh the stock vs 2piece but there is a NOTICEABLE difference in weight. I was holding the stock front in one hand and the 2piece in the other and let me tell you there is a big difference.

P.S-> My stock rotors are in a box and ready to ship if anyone wants them.. $600 shipped takes all 4.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
did you get the TB in yet?

Last edited by BMWEATR; 02-20-2006 at 05:14 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 02-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
did you get the TB in yet?
Nope. Fell through.. Had the order in with Evosport. They ordered a brand new one and sent it to the porting shop.. When it arrived at the shop they realized they couldnt take it apart.. MB decided to change their manufacturing process at some point in 2004. The TB upper/lower sections were bolted together originally.. In 2004 they changed it and epoxied them. That basically scrapped my idea for the stock ported one..

Now I am trying to get a Maybach TB and have that installed.. Its alot more involved because it requries electronics, adapter plate and intake splitter adapter. Talking with Cory @ Kleemann about their offering and also discussing another alternative with another guy.

Needless to say, it is an ongoing thing.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Hi Victor,

I'm jealous!!!! I want those Evo Rotors. I assume they are still $2k?

I am going to have the Kleemann TB installed next month and Cory tells me that no additional ECU tuning is needed. It sounds like the Maybach TB is a hell of a lot of work. Do you see some advantage of using it over the Kleemann unit?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
what's a TB?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Nope. Fell through.. Had the order in with Evosport. They ordered a brand new one and sent it to the porting shop.. When it arrived at the shop they realized they couldnt take it apart.. MB decided to change their manufacturing process at some point in 2004. The TB upper/lower sections were bolted together originally.. In 2004 they changed it and epoxied them. That basically scrapped my idea for the stock ported one..

Now I am trying to get a Maybach TB and have that installed.. Its alot more involved because it requries electronics, adapter plate and intake splitter adapter. Talking with Cory @ Kleemann about their offering and also discussing another alternative with another guy.

Needless to say, it is an ongoing thing.
What about porting the stock one in your car? its a 03?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
They are a sweet upgrade.. I gotta say that. Go ahead and order a set.. Look at it this way, the factory rotors will cost you more than $2,000 so the Evo lighweight ones are a good deal.. That's how you can sell it to the wife too..

As for TB, no additional tuning is needed because the programming that the ECU has can compensate for a pre-defined amount of air/fuel (+/-) and still be within range. Kleemann's TB is basically a Maybach TB with the proper electronics, adapters, and hoses all wrapped up into a nice $3,000 kit. Basically, the same work Kleemann went through to develop the kit is what I would have to go through to make it work (Maybach TB is $1,100 by itself if you know how to get a hold of one). The toughest part of this job is creating a CNC aluminum adapter plate that adapts the 80mm TB outlet to the inlet on the supercharger. That is where most of the cost will go.

I am weighing my options and wondering if I should just drop the $3,000 and buy the Kleemann kit. The one thing that is holding me back is:

The larger 80mm Maybach throttle body would require a new Y-pipe intake to match up to its larger bore. Kleemann only provides an adapter that connects the STOCK Y-pipe to the larger throttle body. In my opinion to take 100% advantage of the larger TB, a proper 80mm Y-pipe intake should be made as well as 80mm intake tubes from the air box. That is alot of work and would require different intake boxes, tubes, etc, etc.. You see where I am going with this.... Kleemann went half-way with it in order not to have to change all of that stuff in the engine compartment. I'm just wondering how much HP is left on the table by not going 100% with this...

Originally Posted by Rock
Hi Victor,

I'm jealous!!!! I want those Evo Rotors. I assume they are still $2k?

I am going to have the Kleemann TB installed next month and Cory tells me that no additional ECU tuning is needed. It sounds like the Maybach TB is a hell of a lot of work. Do you see some advantage of using it over the Kleemann unit?
TB = Throttle body.

Originally Posted by BobCanada
what's a TB?
Yeah.. My 03 would work but I would have to tear all that stuff out of my car and wait for the work to be done and then have it reinstalled and hope everything was done properly.. My E55 is my daily driver and I dont really want alot of downtime..That's why I went ahead and bought a second stocker to have ported (through Evosport).

I've decided the Maybach (80mm) is the way to go... I just dont know if I am going to buy the Kleemann kit and stop there, or if I should go the rest of the way and change the intake tubes, boxes and everything in front to compliment the larger TB.

Originally Posted by BMWEATR
What about porting the stock one in your car? its a 03?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:54 PM
dsc

2004 E55
Victor, please let us know how the brake pads do over something like a of week stop and go driving for dust build up. I'd rather get those pads than go to the trouble of getting some made. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by dsc
Victor, please let us know how the brake pads do over something like a of week stop and go driving for dust build up. I'd rather get those pads than go to the trouble of getting some made. Thanks.
Will do. My initial impressions tell me that they are much better than the stock pads. I just had my car washed this morning so my rims were nice and clean. I've been doing some highway high speed driving and doing hard braking as well as stop & go city driving all day. I've been aggressive with the brakes because I want to bed the pads & new rotors.

I came home and the front rims were still sparkling clean!! I can guarantee that if I did that with the stock pads they would have been covered in black soot already.

I'll wait another 4 or 5 days before I render my final opinion on them but so far so good.

For anyone that is interested, the Pagid Part # is T5147 (556 6884/2). They fit right in and have the hole for the stock pad sensor. This is a much better solution than the Porterfield pad which needs a backing plate and no hole for sensors.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I have had the rotors for a while with the Porterfield R4S pads and they are much better than the factory. There is no fade and they bite nicely too!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vic55
I have had the rotors for a while with the Porterfield R4S pads and they are much better than the factory. There is no fade and they bite nicely too!
Hey Vic,

I heard mixed reviews on the Porterfield pads. Couple that with the fact that they are not a 100% drop in replacement. You have to do some work by "transferring" the stock backing plates onto the Porterfield pads in order to install them.. Ohh.. and did I mention the Porterfields are twice the cost of the Pagid pads? When I spoke with Evo about those R4S pads they said there COULD be a tendency for them to squeal..

All of the above made me decide to try out the Pagid solution. So far, I am happy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone need E55 Rotors ??