Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Self-install Sirius

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Self-install Sirius

My '06 E55 has a 5/05 build date so I'm assuming it is pre-wired for sirius. Any way to check this?
Second question- how hard is oem sirius to self-install? I don't trust dealer to do a rear package shelf install (vs trunk) so I want to do it myself. I installed oem sirius on my bmw e39 and it was super easy. I would appreciate any info from anybody who has tried it (extra points for detailed instructions and/or pix)
Thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 E55, 03FORD P/S,01 E320-4M,99 ML320,O4 E55,05 RUBICON UNLIMITED,
If I Remember Correctly You Should Be Wired For Sat. Radio. Do You Have A Sat Button On The Head Unit? As For The Install, After Mounting The Receiver You Have To Code The Audio Gateway And Configure The " Most" Fiber Optic System With An Sds Machine. The Cables For The Antenna Under The Trunk Panel Would Have To Be Rerouted Of Course. One Option Would Be To Have The Dealer Install The Whole Kit Except For The Antenna. You Could Also Order Replacement Cables For The Antenna And That Way You Won't Have To Take The Car Apart To Re Route The Cables. Ask The Service Department For Install Instructions Via Netstar (startekinfo). If You Can't Get Them Let Me Know And I'll Get You A Set. Of Course They'll Need To Know If You Got A Wagon Or Sedan.