W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

w211 e-55 body pieces

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006 | 03:17 AM

W220 V12TT Land Yacht / W211 E55 Estate
w211 e-55 body pieces

im looking to get the lorinser rear turnk spoiler and the painted front reflectors.

I have been pointed toward evosport for the reflectors, but at 100 bucks, thats highway robbery. I would never pay that much. I paid 45 for the painted reflectors on my m3 and I thought that was a tad high. Anyone know of a vendor that sells them cheaper than evosport?

as far as the lorinser spoiler goes, should i only consider the really expensive authentic one, or try to find a replica? for those of you taht have them, where did you purchase? was it authentic lorinser? how was the fitment? and how much did you pay?

thanks for the help!

-jon
Old 01-06-2006 | 04:50 AM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by m3j0n
im looking to get the lorinser rear turnk spoiler and the painted front reflectors.

I have been pointed toward evosport for the reflectors, but at 100 bucks, thats highway robbery. I would never pay that much. I paid 45 for the painted reflectors on my m3 and I thought that was a tad high. Anyone know of a vendor that sells them cheaper than evosport?

as far as the lorinser spoiler goes, should i only consider the really expensive authentic one, or try to find a replica? for those of you taht have them, where did you purchase? was it authentic lorinser? how was the fitment? and how much did you pay?

thanks for the help!

-jon
i found the clear side lenses on e-bay for $60 for the pair, they look great and have not had any issues with them.i did a search under w211 clear side markers when i found them about 4 months ago.
Old 01-06-2006 | 06:03 AM

thanks. did you ever find painted ones? how do you remove them for the switch?
Old 01-06-2006 | 06:06 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...QQcmdZViewItem

is this what youre talking about? i didnt think they had bulbs behind the lenses...
Old 01-06-2006 | 11:13 AM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by m3j0n
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...QQcmdZViewItem

is this what youre talking about? i didnt think they had bulbs behind the lenses...
yep,that's them. they come with amber bulbs but i left my factory white bulbs in,looks much better;especially at night .removing them seems a bit tricky at first but is really easy,just take your time.it's like replacing a roll of toilet paper with the spring loaded holder,you push in on the end away from the front of the car,then push back towards the front of the car while holding the one end down and it will pop out. if you have problems with it and don't want to force them just swing by the dealer and a service adviser will do it for you in a couple of minutes,mine did at least.they look spectacular on silver and white cars as they blend in with those colors well,i personally feel the painted ones look cheap as you still see the outline of the lens.let me retract the statement concerning which end to push in,i just went out to the car to double check and it appears that it may be the end closer to the front of the car but is difficult to tell because the aftermarket ones seem to fit a bit more snug,but you can easily determine with the factory one by just pushing in on each side to see which one it is.
Old 01-06-2006 | 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
You can order Euro Impact Stripes from Steve (MBenzNL on here) and he'll ship them to you. I think I paid something like $200 or so for my set. Also, I would go with the ReNNtech spoiler...I'll send you some pics if you PM me your email addy.
Old 01-06-2006 | 05:00 PM

2005 e55
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
You can order Euro Impact Stripes from Steve (MBenzNL on here) and he'll ship them to you. I think I paid something like $200 or so for my set. Also, I would go with the ReNNtech spoiler...I'll send you some pics if you PM me your email addy.
i agree with the renntech spoiler over the lorinser,i have the brabus,but it was overpriced and looks nearly identical to the renntech.