Sponsored by:

BMW Prototypes.... M5 and M6 Duo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
BMW Prototypes.... M5 and M6 Duo

I was at work earlier today and noticed 2 BMW's driving by. They actually stopped at the light giving me a few seconds to check it out before it turned green and they drove off.

The first was a silver M6, with Manufacturer plates and odd wheels. They looked a bit like the M5 wheels, but weren't the same. And they sure weren't the same wheels the M6's had in the magazine tests. It also had black protective horizontal rubber strips on the bumpers at each corner of the car.

The car behind it was a grey M5, with Manufacturer plates as well. It looked like any other M5, but the way it drove off made me wonder if it was a manual (not SMG).

I had seen them before but didn't pay much attention, but today I got a good look for a few seconds.

For those of you in SoCal, this was on Ventura Boulevard in Tarzana.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M5 most probably the manual transmission which is going to be offered to US customers later this year.

M6 probably the CSL version set to debut in Europe this summer with 550bhp a stripped down version taking off a few hundred lbs
Old 01-11-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
I too have seen these cars driving around in the Encino, Trazana, Woodland Hills area for months. They are test mules. And mules are always ugly.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:31 PM

a toy
The M5 looked showroom ready. Only the plates gave it away.

The M6 is much cleaner than the flat black mules I had seen a while ago. This one looked cleaner, with the only oddity being the exhaust tips that seemed to hang too far down.