Sponsored by:

Need a dealer in LA- SFV How is Keyes??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2000 G500
Need a dealer in LA- SFV How is Keyes??

I just need a place to do a service B, I'm new in town- Keyes in Van Nuys would be REALLY conveniant, but don't want the type of place that will put in Dino oil in place of Mobil 1. Thoughts? Also- how hard is it to get to the oil drain plug? Is there a splash guard in the way?
Old 01-18-2006, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
All dealers in USA will use genuine Mobil 1 0W-40 oil. This is the same stuff that is used at the factory aka Dino oil.

Also the dealers will suck the oil out of the engine, not drain it. This is better as it removes sludge and other crap from the engine as well.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by paulunm
I just need a place to do a service B, I'm new in town- Keyes in Van Nuys would be REALLY conveniant, but don't want the type of place that will put in Dino oil in place of Mobil 1. Thoughts? Also- how hard is it to get to the oil drain plug? Is there a splash guard in the way?
Give Service Advisor Trevor Drake a holler at Calabasas Motorcars, he's taken care of my special needs, good customer service and is also a performance freak.

Good Luck.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2000 G500
Anything good or bad about Keyes?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Keyes is Krap.

I've heard good things about House of Imports, and I've had good firsthand at Auto Stiegler in Encino.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Keyes has been good to me

"Keyes is Krap"???

To each his own, I suppose.

On the contrary, I bought my e55 wagon from Jim Anderson @ Keyes, and he and the dealer were both great. The deal was unbeatable -- yes, that good.

They tend to throw a wash on the car whenever I go by for something, which is nice (even when I'm not necessarily in for service). It's not de rigeur for the dealership - more an Anderson cool-guy perk, but after having a Cadillac from Martin in W.L.A. that was served that way I wouldn't allow less from a dealership where I've just spent more than twice as much on a car.

I had the complimentary 1000 mile service/lookover a few weeks ago and they were very nice, checked everything out, I had 'em change the oil and they washed the car thoroughly before giving it back to me. The whole service was performed in considerably less time than they estimated (which was nice, considering I was waiting in the showroom).

I've had experience with Bev Hills and CalStar Glendale, and for sales, Keyes was best. Service, Keyes and Bev Hills were both great (CalStar was disastrous - avoid at all costs).

that's my two bits, anyway.

v