AMG
Funny thread here....

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d=1#post681501

they gonna ban me i guess
Old 01-24-2006, 08:24 PM
pas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
That M3 guy is a moron. God forbid people have different tastes than him. I don't care what anyone says you can't argue with low end torque on the street. Why do you think Harleys are so popular.

The M5 is a better track car and thats it. The M cars are all great for what they are built for revving high on a track for everyday driving they are annoying. And lets not talk about sound an inline 6 or a v10 will never sound as nice as a v8 or v12. I realize I'm preaching to the choir here...
Old 01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
The chick in the video link in post # 17 is HOTTT
The dude defending the BMW is lame
Old 01-24-2006, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
Man that gene pool needs a chlorine shock in the worst way.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Gustov or whatever is a *****. The M5 idiot basically says that an M3 is as good, since they are both 100hp/L? What about the old four cylinder lotus?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
That girl is hot?? You must be horney or on an island. the BMW was also no biggy. Screw that.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:13 AM

one of seven

BoBCanada - you go get 'em!! lol

get them mad enough and they just might over rev their engines and explode !

Old 01-25-2006, 05:59 AM

2004 E55 AMG
The Phantom Gustav
Attack of the Gustav
Revenge of the Gustav
A New Gustav
The Gustav Strikes back
Return of the Gustav

Damn he is soooo annoying!!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
Originally Posted by pas
That M3 guy is a moron. God forbid people have different tastes than him. I don't care what anyone says you can't argue with low end torque on the street. Why do you think Harleys are so popular.

The M5 is a better track car and thats it. The M cars are all great for what they are built for revving high on a track for everyday driving they are annoying. And lets not talk about sound an inline 6 or a v10 will never sound as nice as a v8 or v12. I realize I'm preaching to the choir here...
I believe we all want to think our own cars are the best whether it's a Benz or a Bimmer. You are right in that the M Cars are high reving vehicles, but I did not feel my M3 was annoying to drive in traffic. This coming from someone who lives in traffic-conjested Seoul, Korea!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
heh, he deleted my post......
Old 01-25-2006, 08:40 AM

There is no point in arguing.The BMW/M5 without a doubt,will kill the E55/AMG in the corners and on top end,while on the other hand the BMW/M5 is no match for the AMG/E55 in the 1/4 mile.
Speaking about engine,BMW felt it needed 10 cyl to achive its 500hp,while MB feel it needed a supercharger. to achieve its 480hp.
The MB (W211) has been around for four model years........making this car dated by car standard,BMW on the other hand has just came out with a new car,and already they are struggeling to sray on top.........we can just imagine what is gonna happen when MB introduces its next car...........we wont hear a word from the BMW forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In the meantime BMW is gonna have their hands full trying to keep up with MB.Remember this MB is already S/C so all has to be done is turn up the boost,add the go fast goodies,and tune the ecu.BMW on the other hand can also add go fast goodies,but it will never be as fast.So you see guys MB is winning all the way,even with a dated motor.As for the statement that MB can only make motors that will only go fast with a s/c ,thats pure jelousy.Let BMW get a s/c and they will be all over it.Dont you see in their thread they showed us a clip on a BMW witw a blower,and it running by itself.I am not impressed by sound.........also anything look fast running by itself.You can see on the clip that the MB was the stronger of the two,by the way it came off the line,also that was no stpck BMW...........maybe BMW needs to go back and read their "how to make torque"manual.Take a look on BMW and MB torque figures anb see who allways makes more.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:04 AM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
Originally Posted by Chemical7
I believe we all want to think our own cars are the best whether it's a Benz or a Bimmer. You are right in that the M Cars are high reving vehicles, but I did not feel my M3 was annoying to drive in traffic. This coming from someone who lives in traffic-conjested Seoul, Korea!
My experience with M cars has been that in order to make something happen you must downshift, with a car with low end torque you just step on it no shifting needed. I'm not saying they are bad cars but in my opinion in everyday driving you are left waiting unless you downshift. If you're talking about stop and go driving, its annoying to drive period doesn't matter what you are in.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Response to the bmw guy

When that guy goes off on reliability of NA vs turbo/supercharger ... you should have brought up the pools of liquid sitting under a M5 or the engines problems of the M3.

Regarding around the corners ... does the engine have that much to do with it? I would have thought it would be the tranny and suspension.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:36 PM

grocery getter
Originally Posted by jamusa
There is no point in arguing.The BMW/M5 without a doubt,will kill the E55/AMG in the corners and on top end,while on the other hand the BMW/M5 is no match for the AMG/E55 in the 1/4 mile.
Speaking about engine,BMW felt it needed 10 cyl to achive its 500hp,while MB feel it needed a supercharger. to achieve its 480hp.
The MB (W211) has been around for four model years........making this car dated by car standard,BMW on the other hand has just came out with a new car,and already they are struggeling to sray on top.........we can just imagine what is gonna happen when MB introduces its next car...........we wont hear a word from the BMW forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,In the meantime BMW is gonna have their hands full trying to keep up with MB.Remember this MB is already S/C so all has to be done is turn up the boost,add the go fast goodies,and tune the ecu.BMW on the other hand can also add go fast goodies,but it will never be as fast.So you see guys MB is winning all the way,even with a dated motor.As for the statement that MB can only make motors that will only go fast with a s/c ,thats pure jelousy.Let BMW get a s/c and they will be all over it.Dont you see in their thread they showed us a clip on a BMW witw a blower,and it running by itself.I am not impressed by sound.........also anything look fast running by itself.You can see on the clip that the MB was the stronger of the two,by the way it came off the line,also that was no stpck BMW...........maybe BMW needs to go back and read their "how to make torque"manual.Take a look on BMW and MB torque figures anb see who allways makes more.
Obviously, people from both boards will compare the 2 cars (E55/M5) and come up with reasons why one is better than the other and v versa. But in all honesty after driving both cars ( I own an M5) they are completely different cars and I would also say that they are not even in the same car class. Each company (MB and BMW) had two different missions when Designing / building these two cars and I think each achieved their goals. They are both fantastic cars with two different purposes.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by BTPower
Obviously, people from both boards will compare the 2 cars (E55/M5) and come up with reasons why one is better than the other and v versa. But in all honesty after driving both cars ( I own an M5) they are completely different cars and I would also say that they are not even in the same car class. Each company (MB and BMW) had two different missions when Designing / building these two cars and I think each achieved their goals. They are both fantastic cars with two different purposes.

Cheers
I agree with you ,on people on both sides seems to cheer for the make or model that they drive,but i believe that both manufacture has shot their best shot at the introduction.MB threw down the gauntlet,displaying gobs of torque,BMW shot back with mega hp.........this will allways go on.Its like the Ford and Chevy war.If BMW could attained MB torque,and MB attain BMW handeling,we would have a great car.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:59 PM

grocery getter
Originally Posted by jamusa
I agree with you ,on people on both sides seems to cheer for the make or model that they drive,but i believe that both manufacture has shot their best shot at the introduction.MB threw down the gauntlet,displaying gobs of torque,BMW shot back with mega hp.........this will allways go on.Its like the Ford and Chevy war.If BMW could attained MB torque,and MB attain BMW handeling,we would have a great car.
True

And really, owners of both cars are like two great heavyweight fighters; on the outside they hate each other, on the inside they respect each other.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2006, 09:17 PM

A truer word have never been spoken.