W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Dyno mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2006 | 12:35 PM

Dyno mode?

Hey guys going to dyno the stock E55 tomorrow and I need to know what steps I need to do in order to dyno my car. I am familiar with dynoing a car but not this one. I have heard alot about dyno mode and such and to use the M mode to dyno. I am just getting some baseline numbers before the mods happen.

My questions are:

1. What trans setting do i dyno in?
2. What gear do I dyno in? I assume 3rd because of the speed(4th would be to high
3. How do i set the car in dyno mode?
4. What rpm should i take the car up to?

Yes I have searched but really didnt find specific answers to my questions.

Thanks

D
Old 02-01-2006 | 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Got this from the forum

Old 02-01-2006 | 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Dyno in 4th gear per Kleemann.

Tranny in M Mode.....slowly get her rolling on the dyno and upshift til you get her into 4th......she will be rolling at about 35-40mph or so. Then have the dyno operator give you the signal to stomp it and let it rip.

No harm in taking her up to redline if you want. Just makes more heat. You will feel when limiter kicks in, all the sudden, she bogs down.

I would take it up to redline at least once to check your air fuels. Other than that, if you wanted to just stop at around 6k, wouldn't be a crime.

Video for ya to help. Make sure you practice before getting on the dyno....can be a tick tricky first time.

*****Make sure you take it out of dyno when done on dyno.....It does NOT shut off automatically. Car will have no ABS etc in dyno***

Have fun and post up those results.

http://media.putfile.com/Dyno-
Old 02-01-2006 | 03:21 PM

Great thats the info i need to know.

Thanks Guys. I will post the results tomorrow

D
Old 03-26-2006 | 11:54 PM
DKM

2021 G63, 2021 RS6, 2021 Ducati Panigale SP, 2022 Ford F450
BEST POST i've ever read...thanks!

dkm

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Dyno in 4th gear per Kleemann.

Tranny in M Mode.....slowly get her rolling on the dyno and upshift til you get her into 4th......she will be rolling at about 35-40mph or so. Then have the dyno operator give you the signal to stomp it and let it rip.

No harm in taking her up to redline if you want. Just makes more heat. You will feel when limiter kicks in, all the sudden, she bogs down.

I would take it up to redline at least once to check your air fuels. Other than that, if you wanted to just stop at around 6k, wouldn't be a crime.

Video for ya to help. Make sure you practice before getting on the dyno....can be a tick tricky first time.

*****Make sure you take it out of dyno when done on dyno.....It does NOT shut off automatically. Car will have no ABS etc in dyno***

Have fun and post up those results.

http://media.putfile.com/Dyno-
Old 08-18-2006 | 01:16 AM

Dyno Mode => Safe Mode

Has anyone seen this on their E55 (mine is an '06):

After putting the car in Dyno Mode, the car winds up in what appears to be SAFE MODE (ie, Manual and Sport Mode shifting is locked out, the car feels like its stuck in 2nd perhaps 3rd gear). The only way to get full function back is to turn the car off and than back on.

This has happened to me after moderatelty aggressive driving (a good burnout or a strong street launch), as well as, during casual driving (just cruising). On one occasion, it happened right after backing the car out of the garage for the first time that day. I can't say that its ambient temp related or heat soak as I don't beat on the car, the temps have been in the 80's, and I don't drive in this mode long. It just seems unpredictable.

thx