Argh!!! Chip on driver door...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Argh!!! Chip on driver door...

Well bound to happen at some stage but not like this.

Pull into a drive way and open driver door - Bang! lower half inch of door catches the end corner of a small low brick wall ... WTF where did that stupid wall come from

So I get out knowing it was hard enuf to make some paint damage ... and sure enough a small chip mbe 1" from bottom of door.

Question is how should I repair this - it does not look like it got through to the metal - but there is a definite depression in the paint (not the metal) where it made contact with the ferking brick corner.

Anyhow - now that I have vented and almost accepted the cars first "ding" - how should I sort it ? - buddy reckons some clear nail polish over the spot.

I am loathe to have the whole door redone for this ... its probably marginally bigger than the size of a match head, and is not obviously visible - but I know its there....

In the past I never really got good results with chip repair kits that came with cars.

Advice?

Rgds Steve
Old 02-09-2006, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
I feel for you Steve. I am dreading the inevitable myself with my E55. What a horrible feeling. My wife's friend got out of her beat up Jeep Cherokee in my driveway and whacked her 05 MDX passenger door right in front of me. Then she says "Oh **** I'm sorry" and then licks her finger & wipes the dime size dent she made. "Look, most of it rubbed off!" Time for a $100 PDR job. Not exactly the same situation as yours, but I needed to vent too. Sorry bro that really sucks.