Sponsored by:

Ok, who took their E55 drifting.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jordan
To correct you..it burns about 1 liter every 3,000 miles like the Lambo and Far, the M5 also gets 14 miles in city driving while hammering it a few times and normal driving. Tranny failures, well not realy in the USA. Brake line was never recalled and has nothing wrong with it. SMG is better than expected, nobody can shift as fast as S6! shotgun shifts..oh..Launch Control, not realy needed if you have ever had a ride in an M5 you would know. Road and Track had no problems getting it to launch. No need to rag on other peoples choices in cars.....that goes for all boards. We are all CAR LOVERS, there us no need to put other brands down. The M5 board has their insecure members that have to try to put down the MB to make themselves feal better. Don't be one of them here. Total 2 diff cars. If you want a "car put down war" on cars, join the SRT-4 Neon forum, that is the fastest, best car in the world, just ask them.

The E55 is only about 6 seconds behind on a given track. That driver that made those mistakes alone is about 11sec. That was a maniac that just couldn't drive! He must have just watched "Days of Thunder" and decided to get on the track with his E55. Yes the M5 is fast and does well on the track BUT, the e55 is not exactly slow on a track, it beats most when properly driven. There are a lot of car video's of idiots doing dumb things, can't blame the car guys. You just have to know your limits as well as the cars. E55 can't dive into a corner at 55mph...

lets review:

HERE IS THE TRANSMISSION FAILURE AND NEW S/W UPDATE DUE TO FAULTS:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66230 (USA Cars)
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67348 (Outside of USA)

Here is the 8 MPG avg by M5 owners. Owners don't lie. Yes there is a few that average higher, but if you look at the city driving average, it is pretty bad.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67271

Here is the OIL consumption issues:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67263
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67272

However you are correct on one point, the braided lines are for the oil lines, not the brake lines. You got me there.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62430

By the way, I'm not putting a car down, just stating the points of views from actual M5 members.

Just as we know that the AMG 55k cars suffers heat loss, average handling, and had its share of build problems in 2003 and 2004.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TopGun32

Here is the 8 MPG avg by M5 owners. Owners don't lie. Yes there is a few that average higher, but if you look at the city driving average, it is pretty bad.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67271

Thank you for that link TopGun as it shows most get 11-17mpg after break-in-period. 8-10 would be about right for the first 1200 miles...

and thank you for the oil LINK....as it show people burning oil like mad until "break-in" is over. After breakin period is over I am correct with 1 liter per 3k-4k miles.

All high rever's like the Lambo and Far and M5 burn oil during breakin period as it is not exactly "motor oil", it is break in oil, different than the TWS synthetic that is put in after the breakin is over.

And..yep there sure was a recall on that oil line, some even broke before the recall at 300 miles on the odom. What a mess that would have been under the car.

Last edited by jordan; 02-14-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
heh, 12.4's is not "just" what they run.... the two at the track rental actually have the best non-magazine times reported anywhere, my site, or in the forums.... check around....

one M5 had the charcoal filters removed which has been proven to increase power on the dyno, and an x-pipe.... the other had those mods, plus an upgraded ECU and nitrous....

how can you say those cars are not modified? did they run good? they sure did, they were driven by really good drivers, but still, they're not stock.... so you can't say all M5's can do that....

I have my slips and video from the track rental, I have at least 13 slips with my stock E55 running 12.07 - 12.19 with trap speeds between 115.5 - 116.95 MPH.... quite a few others, including enzom, have done the same, or better.... this is what E55's run....

I'm not going to say a stock M5 can't run a low 12 stock, but it's pretty safe to say that it hasn't been done yet... you can't go by magazine times, they are corrected, and not the true actual data from the strip...

Jordan, take your M5 to the track bring us back some low 12's slips..... REAL ones..... then you can brag and pump up the M5 all you want....

as for what these cars run on a roadcourse..... how many M5 owners have the ability to run their M5 to it's limits, to the point where it would excel over an E55? not many.... so all the bragging about roadcourse times doesn't mean much.... if you're really into roadcourses, you should be running a car that belongs on a roadcourse.... not a 4000+ pound 4 door sports sedan.....

how many times do you think you're going to run up against an E55 on the road and do some amazing moves to out manuver the E55?? never.... how many times will you line up against one, and run him out of the hole? well, hopefully you'll be able to get your car in all the right modes before the light turns green and you get smoked....

again,,no....and many M5 run 12.4's 12.5's..that is just what they run. Not my fault, i didn't build the car.

So your saying the M5's don't run low to mid 12's....please...don't say No, I don't want the people that go to the track to think you don't know what your saying. Dragtimes, might be posting bad information on Stock M5's Times. Ensom doesn't belive FISKE and his information.

Removing a charcoal air filter is not a mod.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M5-Timeslip-7837.html

NOW...lets get back to the subject of the video and how bad the driver was.

Last edited by Fikse; 02-14-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Almost a Member!

I am sorry, did i read anywhere above where I was putting the E55 down and the M5 up? Did I write bragging about the M5 on the roadcourse? I was just pointing out that the E55 driver didn't know how to drive. No need to bicker like ladies in line at Publix. The charcoal air filters that the US have and no other M5 have in the world do make up 15hp...wow....that good for about a 0.03 at the track. Hell..some people run 1/4 mile times with NO air filter in them and call it stock. I am not into 1/4 track or circuit track racing, been there, done that, and got old. I just drive my little junker and have fun.

Directed to Fikse, Just courious cause you were there..

What did JEORGE have done to his M5 to run 12.4's at 118?

I know the 1 running 11.5's was on the bottle+.

Still

This goes to show you, nobody can come in here and say anything that is NOT pro MB and get slammed. You can't even say anything netural, this board is so close to an SRT-4 Neon board..save this board!

All I said was, driver sucks, E55 is not slow on the circuit track, E55 is fast from a light, and corrected someone talking about breaklines and M5 running 13's and everyone gets the SRT-4 attitude.

Last edited by jordan; 02-14-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
This goes to show you, nobody can come in here and say anything that is NOT pro MB and get slammed. You can't even say anything netural, this board is so close to an SRT-4 Neon board..save this board!

All I said was, driver sucks, E55 is not slow on the circuit track, E55 is fast from a light, and corrected someone talking about breaklines and M5 running 13's and everyone gets the SRT-4 attitude.

Not really. Goes to show you that people have long memories. Too bad for you.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

taking an E55 to a track for the first track experience ever would be like me jumping in a pool and trying to swim if i had never been to a pool before...???
Old 02-14-2006, 03:03 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Forgive me...I am such a rookie on the circuit track.

That is what all the magazines talk about when they say the E55 has tremendous oversteer right??

If that was an M5 and you took her into the corner too fast, what would happen?? Would it do the same thing? Just at a much higher speed correct? Just curious.....

I think Jak was the first one post about this last year sometime...commenting "drunk" or something...FUNNY!
Old 02-14-2006, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
[QUOTE=jordan]

QUOTE]

well... if I remember correctly, we didn't call the E55 a "pig" due to the video posted. I believe that was on the m5board. Therefore if you are going to say we are sinking down to an SRT4 forum level, you should look at the other "high end" forum.

Here you get praise and respect for the M5 for what it is, but we will defend AMG's obviously.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Almost a Member!

[well... if I remember correctly, we didn't call the E55 a "pig" due to the video posted. I believe that was on the m5board. Therefore if you are going to say we are sinking down to an SRT4 forum level, you should look at the other "high end" forum.

Here you get praise and respect for the M5 for what it is, but we will defend AMG's obviously]

I never said anything bad about the E55 on any board, no need to defend. I actualy like the E55 as a non owner. I just thought this board would be different than other "high end " forums.

Last edited by jordan; 02-14-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=TopGun32]

QUOTE]

well... if I remember correctly, we didn't call the E55 a "pig" due to the video posted. I believe that was on the m5board. Therefore if you are going to say we are sinking down to an SRT4 forum level, you should look at the other "high end" forum.

Here you get praise and respect for the M5 for what it is, but we will defend AMG's obviously.
For the record, I call my M5 a fat pig After all, anything over 4K lbs. truly is a fat pig...sorta
Old 02-14-2006, 03:52 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
they run under 12.50's at 116-118 all day....if you think 13's you will be sadly mistaken when you try to catch up to 1. And don't try to race him after 20mph,,,your best shot is "at that light" cause if your not out in front first, you never will be. Read the day at the track thread, don't go out in the world with bad information like the M5 just runs 13's. I had said "the e55 is not exactly slow on the track", this means, in the circut track respect like in the video that this tread is about. So quick to bring up the 1/4.......nobody said anything about it in this whole thread. Most races on the street don't end at 1/4 mile. And I hope you don't ever try it with the SL 500....you have an E55 right?
That's a 600 bro and it will smoke you and any M5 out there.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
it says on that record what the car had, charcoal filters removed and x-pipe.... the other one had the same, plus and ecu and nitrous...

I think 15HP is a lot to gain for just removing those filters.... even so, 15 more HP is worth more like a tenth and one MPH, not .03....

the nitrous M5 picked up a full second from the extra 100HP....

this will probably sound biased since I have an E55, but I really think the M5 board is much more senstive than this board..... gustav is constantly getting involved in all kinds of threads...... merging, deleting, warning people to give respect... etc.... even so, I don't take any the banter personally.....

I started this thread because the video was pretty cool..... I liked watching the E55 roast the tires after it recovered and getting all crazy...... and I thought it was interesting to see how the person who originated the thread on the m5board was stereotyping AMG owners over a simple video....

Directed to Fikse, Just courious cause you were there..

What did JEORGE have done to his M5 to run 12.4's at 118?

I know the 1 running 11.5's was on the bottle+.

Still

Last edited by Fikse; 02-14-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Fikse
I started this thread because the video was pretty cool..... I liked watching the E55 roast the tires after it recovered and getting all crazy...... and I thought it was interesting to see how the person who originated the thread on the m5board was stereotyping AMG owners over a simple video....
By the way, I thought the video was hysterical. How an idiot who can't drive could figure out how to put it into dyno mode (looks like ABS was deactivated) is beyond me.

As far as the M5board response, you'll have guys like that everywhere. That's life. No biggie. But it was pretty funny.

And the odds of Jordan posting a REAL time slip that he ran with his own M5 are pretty slim. The whole thing still boggles the mind.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:04 PM

Jordan, I think you should get some seat time on the track and perhaps drive the E55 as well before you make an uneducated comment. Not saying you're uneducated but IMO anyone that makes an assumption without really knowing the "facts" basically makes an uneducated guess/comment.

I have to ask, have you raced an E55 in your M5? I have and I will say that while the M5 may come out ahead in a high speed "pursuit" the E55 will more than hold its own and the E55's torque is just too much to overcome for the M5 at low speeds. You practically have to be in 6000RPM or higher on a roll to beat the E55 at low speeds. As for the SL500 comment, well believe it or not the SL500 beat my M5 from 0 to about 25-30? Our cars just lack the Torque to propell us off the line.

I have a bone stock M5 and I have run 12.5 @ 118MPH and could not get it lower than a 12.5 run that day...several people have tried and could not achieve any better than 12.5. Although I will agree that the M5 is not a 13 sec. car, but the M5 is more of a 13 sec car than the E55 is...if that makes sense.

This M5 vs. E55 is really non sense as they are 2 different cars. I think you should drive the E55, and I don't mean test drive, then make your conclusion.

IMO, a stock M5 will not best a 12.3 in the 1/4...and that has to be a DAMN GOOD day.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by DRCrowder
That's a 600 bro and it will smoke you and any M5 out there.

Ahh..and that it will...for now.

" E55 Power wrote..perhaps drive the E55 as well before you make an uneducated commentAnd again..

where did I where did i say ANYTHING neg or an uneducated comment against the E55? Read gentlemen......I said bad things agains the driver...

Please read before posting.

Last edited by jordan; 02-14-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:19 PM

a few...
jordan, buddy, just stop while you are ahead. There are way too many people just wanting to rip apart every single thing you post up on here in this thread, so I, personally, wouldn't waste my time posting anything else if I were you, but that's just me.

As for the 11.5 at 126 M5, it was on a 100 shot of nitrous street drivable.

As for the oil comment way earlier on, the oil used for the break-in procedure is a mineral based oil, much thinner than a synthetic and will burn much more during the break-in period of the S85 (M5 V10).

It is completely proven that 12.5s are the normal best for M5 driver's at the track, so what's the big deal? E55's beat us out of the hole and all the way to "license revoked, thrown into back of cop car, sit down and shut up" speeds and anyone who tries to argue with that needs to come back into reality.

The E55 and M5 are, in fact, direct competitors for the same market share, but also at the same time, are completely different driving machines. Having owned an E55 for a solid 16 months, and drivin' the **** out of it to know the limits, I can tell you that those cars are Incredible. The M5 is so different that I really don't see why people make it such a big deal which beats the other, although I actually do see the point logistically speaking.

But to each their own, and for now... I will just sit back and watch the rest of this unfold. my .02
Old 02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
merc655, OT, but have you run your new Z06 at the strip?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:41 AM

Ahh..and that it will...for now.

" E55 Power wrote..perhaps drive the E55 as well before you make an uneducated commentAnd again..

where did I where did i say ANYTHING neg or an uneducated comment against the E55? Read gentlemen......I said bad things agains the driver...

Please read before posting.

I was commenting on "And don't try to race him after 20mph,,,your best shot is "at that light" cause if your not out in front first, you never will be"

As something tells me you haven't tried this race with an E55...I have and at this point of the race it all depends on engine RPM as to who will come out ahead.