Sponsored by:

Hesitation/Near Stall this Morning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Nope, not kidding. Also not saying you made it up. I simply don't care. I've put enough miles on these engines to know that the chances of a stall that would affect safety in the E55 are no more than ANY other car. Is that clear enough where I stand?

7 in 4 years makes it worth for them to give you $90K? OK, if you say so. Glad you are such a tycoon, but we all have cars here. Oddly enough, I'm at 6 MBs in 4 years as well!! I do have a great relationship with my dealer, but they have not given me my "buy 7 get 1 free" pass yet. Maybe I'll get it if I buy the GL BEFORE my 4 years is up?

So, any pics of the new car the dealer "gave" you or did you opt to keep the lemon?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 138 Posts
Wow I just got back from golf, what's happened here? First off Jangy In my case it was 110% NOT ESP period, as I wrote it was "1/4 throttle" if even that, the car seemed to be intermitently starving of fuel every few seconds or so with no dash warning lights of any kind. Second,this is my first E55 but as a reference, I've been driving new MBs since 1992 (7 to be exact) and many Porsches, Ferraris BMWs etc and I've never had the type of problem which could jepordize either mine or my family's safety, not even in a rental car. Third I am **** especially about a $91,000 car produced by one of the world's premeir automobile companies, not to mention one that could have gotten me killed and or in a serious accident yesterday; that kind of thing has never happened to me before with any automobile and I find it extremely dangerous and unacceptable. Maybe this is one of the many reasons MB is abandoning the supercharged engines in favor of the NA one's, who know's? Either way I have to worry about the car stalling/bucking/stutering/lunging etc when I may least expect it, and that's just not for me, even though it may be for you. In addition, I don't jump on every defective wagon as you say, only those that have effected me personally, and yesterday it was personal, it was very scary as I was almost T-boned by another car!!!

CTE430, you have it spot on.

Last edited by RJC; 06-16-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
No it is not acceptable to me. Have you gotten a new car, yet? Have you at least decided to never ride in the current one again? If not, then why? It has not happened to me, so i am not "dealing" with it.

I would drop ANY CAR like a hot potatoe if it EVER did what you claim and the manufacturer did not acknowledge it. If you really were scared for your safety, then GET OUT OF THE CAR!!

So which is it?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:41 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jangy
No it is not acceptable to me. Have you gotten a new car, yet? Have you at least decided to never ride in the current one again? If not, then why? It has not happened to me, so i am not "dealing" with it.

I would drop ANY CAR like a hot potatoe if it EVER did what you claim and the manufacturer did not acknowledge it. If you really were scared for your safety, then GET OUT OF THE CAR!!

So which is it?
I am looking into either a permanent fix from MB or I will replace the car; the car is brand new, only 970 miles and if I do need to replace it these things unfortunately will take some time. BTW, I am sorry to say, some of your comments make you seem like a bit of an *** at times.

Last edited by RJC; 06-16-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by RJC
Wow I just got back from golf, what's happened here? First off Jangy In my case it was 110% NOT ESP period, as I wrote it was "1/4 throttle" if even that, the car seemed to be intermitently starving of fuel every few seconds or so with no dash warning lights of any kind. Second,this is my first E55 but as a reference, I've been driving new MBs since 1992 (7 to be exact) and many Porsches, Ferraris BMWs etc and I've never had the type of problem which could jepordize either mine or my family's safety, not even in a rental car. Third I am **** especially about a $91,000 car produced by one of the world's premeir automobile companies, not to mention one that could have gotten me killed and or in a serious accident yesterday; that kind of thing has never happened to me before with any automobile and I find it extremely dangerous and unacceptable. Maybe this is one of the many reasons MB is abandoning the supercharged engines in favor of the NA one's, who know's? Either way I have to worry about the car stalling/bucking/stutering/lunging etc when I may least expect it, and that's just not for me, even though it may be for you. In addition, I don't jump on every defective wagon as you say, only those that have effected me personally, and yesterday it was personal, it was very scary as I was almost T-boned by another car!!!

CTE430, you have it spot on.

Have to agree with you on this one. CTE430 is not only a previous owner for over 2 years, he is a fanatic when it comes to his cars.

As far as "Jangy" is concerned, I am intimately familiar with what his(CTE430) dealer was willing to do and yes, his car was shutting off.

This forum is for gaining info and not bashing and telling members who have much more seat time behind the wheel of this car then you do. CTE430 is part of the orginal wave of AMG owners who has spent $$$$$$ on his car from integrated V1 to Kleemann K2.

Chris, great to see that you are still adding value for all the newbie owners! I bet your loving your new P-Car
Old 06-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
These things? It is called getting a new car. If you are honestly scared of this one, then what takes time to get out? Drive to any dealership but an MB and trade it in for something else.
Are you worried that your $20K or whatever in depreciation isn't worth your head or is the car really not that scary?

p.s. just ask Benz for the 100% fix next time. They got your back.

As far as how our posts make us look. Hmmm. Let's see. What is worse. An *** (which I am) or one that spreads ? Let's see now. The car went from bucking at 25mph with NO near misses at all to almost getting you t-boned? Hmmm.

If it isn't me, it'll be someone else that calls BS to BS. If it walks and quacks like a duck, you know it may be a damn duck!!

Quack Quack
Old 06-16-2006, 10:00 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

These things? It is called getting a new car. If you are honestly scared of this one, then what takes time to get out? Drive to any dealership but an MB and trade it in for something else.
Are you worried that your $20K or whatever in depreciation isn't worth your head or is the car really not that scary?

p.s. just ask Benz for the 100% fix next time. They got your back.

As far as how our posts make us look. Hmmm. Let's see. What is worse. An *** (which I am) or one that spreads ? Let's see now. The car went from bucking at 25mph with NO near misses at all to almost getting you t-boned? Hmmm.

If it isn't me, it'll be someone else that calls BS to BS. If it walks and quacks like a duck, you know it may be a damn duck!!

Quack Quack
The more you open your mouth the worse you make it for yourself. Here's my original post on this thread:

Yesterday, 10:47 PM #8
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Hook, what was the outcome of this? I had the same kind of thing happen to me today; pulled out of driveway and as i entered main road car started bucking/lunging then the car ran fine WTF??? I will not tolerate this kind of thing as I could have been T boned by another car!

2006 E55
Iridium Silver/Charcoal
Premium Pkg.
Pano Roof
Keyless Go
Lighting
Trunk Closer
Michelin PS2's

2005 TOUAREG
Silver/Black
Pkg 1
Pkg 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by RJC; 06-16-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
OK I'm gonna post this and you all may think this is idiotic but this has happened to me already in this car and it has happened to me on several hi perf muscle cars too...hard to explain but here goes...When I pull away and get into it just enough to get into the superharger maybe 1/4 throttle you can set up a bucking with your FOOT and body..the super kicks in...sets you back a bit and your foot backs out a tiny bit and then your foot goes forward and you get back into it a little and it repeats itself....you actually have to take your foot away from the pedal to stop it....its wierd and only happens under certain conditions....it has happened to me on other cars...manual and automatics...when you get into the power just right (or wrong) it just sets up this physical occurence...next time it happens , see if it could be this ! It could be my short *** legs but I've seen it happen to other guys too...its not the car when this happens to me...it sure makes you look stupid though...just my .02

Last edited by vader; 06-16-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Guys lets just remember, if a car your driving does stall and you happen to get T-Boned, wouldn't you rather be in one of the safest cars in the world? RJC, after you have 3 incidents like this i would ask the service advisor to get your car declared a lemon, and if not have an attorney send MBUSA a letter.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
RJC: I meant what you said when it first and then again in this thread. Why don't you clarify the truth for us? Was it a potentially life-threat situation or NOT?? If not, then just don't exagerate. That's all.

Vader: I have been there (speaking of short legs, uhum), but you can feel the muscles when that happens. It is funny cause it does make you look goofey!!

lauer87: good points, but I'd think that the argument would hold that this particular collision scenario is NOT an acceptable thing. Accidents are just that, but we are talking about a potential design flaw that has the "likely" potential to significantly harm. Do I believe that a Merc has any higher likelyhood of having a freak hapenstance like that? No, and so I agree that our cars are BY far one of the safest on the road. However, if you were to believe that they happen to shut off at the most inopportune time, you may prefer a different make.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:17 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

RJC: I meant what you said when it first and then again in this thread. Why don't you clarify the truth for us? Was it a potentially life-threat situation or NOT?? If not, then just don't exagerate. That's all.

You just don't get it. Yes I came very close to being hit by another car and it could have been pretty ugly for us both; when you attempt to pull onto a major road (US-1) and attempt to move forward at a reasonable speed and the car you're driving decides not to do so but bucks back and forth 3to 4 times and almost completely stops and your brakes lights are not on because you're trying to accelerate, bad things can/will happen from the other car that was traveling at a much higher rate of speed! Actually the guy in the other car had to jam on his brakes and was not a very happy camper with me, judging by his hand and facial gestures. I was scared and at the same time also embarassed. Please do me a big favor, don't respond to any of my posts and this is the last time I will respond to yours. Thank you.

Last edited by RJC; 06-17-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Like I said. Please do move on. Boy, now we have to define scared. Scared for his life or scared to get the finger??

Get a life RJC. MBUSA is NOT fixing this any faster now, so why not stick to your mouth and leave?

I will let you be, but I will remind you of all this in a few months, so have your story straight about how MB had tp appease you to stay.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by RJC
You just don't get it. Yes I came very close to being hit by another car and it could have been pretty ugly for us both; when you attempt to pull onto a major road (US-1) and attempt to move forward at a reasonable speed and the car you're driving decides not to do so but bucks back and forth 3to 4 times and almost completely stops and your brakes lights are not on because you're trying to accelerate, bad things can/will happen from the other car that was traveling at a much higher rate of speed! Actually the guy in the other car had to jam on his brakes and was not a very happy camper with me, judging by his hand and facial gestures. I was scared and at the same time also embarassed. Please do me a big favor, don't respond to any of my posts and this is the last time I will respond to yours. Thank you.
Didn't you post on another thread (the early version) that the guy in the other car was actually in the OTHER lane? How is that a potential wreck?

LOL. yeah boy, you'd best stop posting.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:40 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Since Jangy likes to acuse people of lying, and for the benefit of the others here, I felt I must respond. Here's the post he was referring referring to:

Originally Posted by SamE55
I knew this problem would resurrect in summer because I have no doubt this is related with heat. My car hasn't stalled ever since dealer replaced the fuel pump relay of my car but unfortunately one day recently when it was in the 80s outside my car felt like it was about to stall again as I was pulling out of a parking lot so I'm afraid one of these hot days it might happen again

Yesterday, 09:35 PM #22
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am in South Florida and it was/is very hot here. I had driven the car from my home for about 5 miles to church and after about 10 mins (went to pray not in for a full mass) I went to my car, it started just fine and as I pulled out of the parking lot onto US-1 and gave the car very light throttle as it started bucking back and forth (like a manual car in first gear at low speeds without putting in the clutch when coming to a stop) I was only doing about 25 mph when it started to happen, a car in the right lane had to jam on his brakes as mine were not on while my car stumbled and jerked back and forth to almost a complete stop. Guy's I'm sorry, this stuff is just not for me.I need to either find the true 100% fix from MB or I may have to get another car.

2006 E55
Iridium Silver/Charcoal
Premium Pkg.
Pano Roof
Keyless Go
Lighting
Trunk Closer
Michelin PS2's

When you turn onto a road (in this case US1 a 3 lane road) from a driveway you turn into the "right lane" as written above, that's the lane the other car was also traveling in. Once again Jangy's foot is in his mouth. I think it's time for "jangy" to go on my ignore list so he can feel free to respond to himself, as I won't have the pleasure[sic] of reading his childish posts.

Last edited by RJC; 06-17-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
LOL!! Thanks for the clarification. I doubt anyone else could have tracked it down. So you never did say .... are you scared or not??
Now I see why you guys are sooooo touchy about the ESP thing. I can even see why that is exactly what yours DID!! How again were you about to get t-boned?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
My car has completely shut-off on me on two occasions while driving at very slow speeds, a parking lot and a stop light. Both times i was using the key-less go feature. It did not display a key not recognised either.

The key-less go will not shutoff the car while in park when the key is out of range. But the minute you put the car in drive and try to drive away the car shuts-off.

RJC according to a lot of the forum members it's either related to the crank sensor or the key-less go. The only thing that seems to be definite is that no one gets a cell light after it happens. Good luck and don't give up.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:15 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rflow306
My car has completely shut-off on me on two occasions while driving at very slow speeds, a parking lot and a stop light. Both times i was using the key-less go feature. It did not display a key not recognised either.

The key-less go will not shutoff the car while in park when the key is out of range. But the minute you put the car in drive and try to drive away the car shuts-off.

RJC according to a lot of the forum members it's either related to the crank sensor or the key-less go. The only thing that seems to be definite is that no one gets a cell light after it happens. Good luck and don't give up.
Thanks for the info. I will not give up and I will do everything I can to find a solution. It's very unfortunate when the cars have drivetrain issues and no code is thrown, as the techs really rely on them for diagnosis. The worst part is we just never know when it will happen again.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Take another right onto a highway and give it 1/4 throttle. Tadaaa!! reproduced!!

I got it!! Your ESP light bulb is burnt out, so you don't see the blinking.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
RJC: I apologize for my remarks yesterday. Call it a bad day, but I really had no excuse for it. I just hope you enjoy your car.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:38 AM

Have any of you guys taken your car in for a scan with Star diagnostics after an occurance? If it's not setting an OBD code or warning, Star might be recording something.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I think that the dealer is finding no faults or events at all. In most cases the claim is that the car does not actually stall. I think that the car is claimed to be feeling as if it will stall and then gaining power again. In theory, this may not trigger any warnings. On the ones where the car is shutting down, I would assume that there is a fault code. It may not say much as to the problem, but it should at least verify a shut down.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:12 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Grumpy666
Have any of you guys taken your car in for a scan with Star diagnostics after an occurance? If it's not setting an OBD code or warning, Star might be recording something.
Grumpy: I will be bringing mine in on Thursday and I'll keep us all posted on any findings.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:13 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

It seems the regular E's are having somewhat of a similar problem:

01-09-2005, 02:24 PM #18
lig

Vehicle I drive: was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4

You'd notice it. Mine is like a yo-yo or pogo stick. It really feels similar to someone who can't drive a manual transmission and gets that "bucking" action.

The other tranny issue my car has is a weird hesistation if you floor it and have to back off the accelerator - it's as if the car has fuel starvation or something. Nothing happens at all.

Grrrr...

lig

lig
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lig
Send email to lig
Find More Posts by lig
Add lig to Your Buddy List

01-10-2005, 06:43 PM #19
modulated
Almost a Member!

Posts: 35 I have both problems, the jerking (which is pretty hard when it happens) and the stalling when decelerating quickly, including a shut-off once a few weeks ago when I was about to turn left. Yeah that was a load of fun. Took it to the dealer last week, and since they couldn't duplicate the problem, they just didn't do anything. Second time in for the same problem.

I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure I won't be buying another Mercedes. It's incredibly comfortable and good looking, and surprisingly fun to drive, but I've spent too much time at the dealer for what we pay.

modulated
View Public Profile
Send a private message to modulated
Find More Posts by modulated
Add modulated to Your Buddy List

01-10-2005, 08:53 PM #20
Samoan_Ridah
Out Of Control!!

Vehicle I drive: E320
Thanks for clearing that up lig. Whew...

2005 E320 Brilliant Silver Charcoal Leather Appearance & Premium Packages

Samoan_Ridah
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Samoan_Ridah
Send email to Samoan_Ridah
Find More Posts by Samoan_Ridah
Add Samoan_Ridah to Your Buddy List

01-10-2005, 09:49 PM #21
mahwahdave

Posts: 10 I complained about the jerking problem and was told everything was normal. I did notice on the shop copy of the work order that the alternate transmission program was used. The jerking has gone away and feels better now. The alternate transmission feels like driving in "c" mode instead of "s" mode with 1st gear still being used. There is now less engine breaking and a much quieter ride. I think the engine breaking in the lower gears was the cause of the jerking. I'm just curious as to why they didn't tell me about the change in the transmission program(not listed on my copy of the receipt).

2004 E320 4matic wagon black

mahwahdave
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mahwahdave
Find More Posts by mahwahdave
Add mahwahdave to Your Buddy List

Today, 06:17 AM #22
byttcool99

Vehicle I drive: E240 03
Definite Answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any definite answer?

byttcool99
View Public Profile
Send a private message to byttcool99
Send email to byttcool99
Find More Posts by byttcool99
Add byttcool99 to Your Buddy List

Today, 10:55 AM #23
SydBenz
Almost a Member!

Vehicle I drive: 2005 CLS350 (lemon)
Posts: 34 My 2005 CLS350 has had this problem from day one. The dealership has made half a dozen attempts to fix to but to no avail. I have had the car stall also.

Here are some details provided by a member here that are supposed to fix the problem:

P-B-27.60/61c JAN06 Rough Shift Quality – Rough 1-2, 3-2 and 2-1 gearshifts. Addresses any mechanical causes and performs shift adaptations.

P-B-27.50/59a MAR06 Transmission in Limp Home Mode with fault codes – Replaces flange (clutch) and valve body and addresses shift adaptations.

(As a precautionary measure)

P-B-18.40/29a MAR06 Leakage Between Oil Level Sensor and Oil Pan - Replaces oil level/oil quality sensor.

If you have lemon laws in your state you have a strong position to ask for a buy back as I am aware of some CLS's in California that had the problem and got their money back. I have the VIN for one of the cars that was bought back because of this issue. This might help if you want to push for it let me know and ill give it to you.

Let's hope MB is working on a solution.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:16 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

RJC: I apologize for my remarks yesterday. Call it a bad day, but I really had no excuse for it. I just hope you enjoy your car.
Agreed...thanks.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:51 PM

'04 E55
Jangy, I've met CTE430 in person and I can assure you that he is not making up stories about his car having stalled in the past. This is a major issue with our E55s and we're just trying to help each other here. I hope it never happens to you but I wouldn't be suprised if it did as you put more miles on it. The bad thing is that there are no error codes registered when the stalling occurs which is why dealer can't do much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hesitation/Near Stall this Morning