W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night shots of JamE55's Kleemann S8 (56k Nonono)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
20’ G63,18' GT3, 17' NSX, 16' Cayenne, 09' GTR, 05' E55
beautiful car!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
i dunno james.........i wish it was done so i'd bring her to the meet but they've been laggin.....she should be done by the next meet hopefully....
Old 02-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by bgee55
beautiful car!!!
Thank you! You car is very nice as well. Remember seeing it last year at SEMA.
Originally Posted by alex-mbz
i dunno james.........i wish it was done so i'd bring her to the meet but they've been laggin.....she should be done by the next meet hopefully....
Dude! The next big meet won't be until Carlos comes back which is sometime maybe october or november. Damn bro! That's a long time.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
well they said have been done end of feb but i'm looking at end of march or the beginging of april....
Old 02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Out Of Control!

well they said have been done end of feb but i'm looking at end of march or the beginging of april....
Must be some serious update. Keep us posted.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
Originally Posted by JamE55
Must be some serious update. Keep us posted.
nah not that serious at all but had some problems hold it back and also with the shop being short handed and busy...
Old 02-27-2006, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Alex...post a teaser pic.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!

Alex,

Hopefully they can fix it and be done with your project in a timely manner.

Ling,

I think he does have a teaser pic. Check the W210 section.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you again for the mad props Ling! Again you should be the MBWorld master photographer! Your skills are second to none! Also next time include your car in the pics mang! Who cares if it's dirty or not!
Thanks James. I'll do what I can for Mbworld.

I spent a couple of hours detailing the car inside/out yesterday so it should be spotless now. It's going to sit in the garage while it rains during the week so it doesn't go to waste.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Thanks James. I'll do what I can for Mbworld.

I spent a couple of hours detailing the car inside/out yesterday so it should be spotless now. It's going to sit in the garage while it rains during the week so it doesn't go to waste.
lol That's exactly what i did with mine. Actually yesterday i went to fill up with some gold juice and then i see this girl driving a mitsu eclipse, pulled up to me and asked me if i'm selling my car? Told her sorry not selling. She kept saying how nice it is ... I asked her if she wanted to get a ride... ......NOT! Anyway detailed mine too but still not finished. Each wheel takes me an hour to clean. Should be done though before the meet.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:39 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
Awesome E55, great pictures, also amazing rims. They look very sporty on the E55. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by AMG1
Awesome E55, great pictures, also amazing rims. They look very sporty on the E55. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for teh compliment! Your stable there is pretty impressive!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Each wheel takes me an hour to clean.
LOL.. that's funny because if I took off my wheels it would take about that long to get them back on. Hub-centering rings = when trying to put the rims back on by yourself.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
yeah i hear you james.......just at first i was more chill but now i just miss her and want her back.......i posted a pic but it wasn't really much of a pic but hopefully i'll have something up in a few weeks
Old 02-27-2006, 09:33 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Thanks for teh compliment Chris! Well i guess you'll be seeing it again this saturday at the pasadena meet! Any new mods on your ride?
yo mang. No new mods at the moment sadly - I did however add a small system to the car. Majority of the money right now is going to fix the engine. Blown head gasket so it's going in for a head/valve job after the meet.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:19 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Wow! Perfect E55 - exactly how I would equip mine if I had an E (rims are very similiar to my Fikse FM10 on my RX7 & what I'm putting on my SLK).

Just keep safe.

Cheers,
-Matt
Old 02-28-2006, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
nice car
whats with the different brakes though?
(brembo front, renntech rear)
Old 02-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Out Of Control!

LOL.. that's funny because if I took off my wheels it would take about that long to get them back on. Hub-centering rings = when trying to put the rims back on by yourself.
Are you serious? Damn. lol Funny enough i do take my wheels off for inside barrel cleaning. Probably do it once every 2/3 months. Also to clean the brembo rotors and calipers. Just curious do you have to align the rings or something? Is that why it takes that long?

yeah i hear you james.......just at first i was more chill but now i just miss her and want her back.......i posted a pic but it wasn't really much of a pic but hopefully i'll have something up in a few weeks
Dude imo the shop should compensate you for the delay. I mean if you and them agreed on a certain completion date and it's not met you should get some sort of a discount maybe or something? Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by ChrisDPham
yo mang. No new mods at the moment sadly - I did however add a small system to the car. Majority of the money right now is going to fix the engine. Blown head gasket so it's going in for a head/valve job after the meet.
Hey let me know when you start doing your ice mods. Saw one of your threads on the subject and i'm doing some homework on it as well. What do you have in mind or planned? Some JL stuff? Headunit? Keep me posted.

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Wow! Perfect E55 - exactly how I would equip mine if I had an E (rims are very similiar to my Fikse FM10 on my RX7 & what I'm putting on my SLK).
Just keep safe.
Cheers,
-Matt
Thanks for the compliment Matt. Good choice on the Fikse FM10. It would definitely look nice on your S7! Also is the how you prefer your badge? Klee on one side and the other AMG? You should do the 55 S7 on it. Don't see too many of those around.

Originally Posted by AMG_55
nice car
whats with the different brakes though?
(brembo front, renntech rear)
Thanks for the compliment! The brakes are different because at the time of purchase(2001) there was no rear Brembo specific application for this chassis and Renntech was the only company who was offering it. But now Brembo has made a rear kit for it and only came out maybe within the last year or so.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you serious? Damn. lol Funny enough i do take my wheels off for inside barrel cleaning. Probably do it once every 2/3 months. Also to clean the brembo rotors and calipers. Just curious do you have to align the rings or something? Is that why it takes that long?
Well, the rings don't have to be aligned but the rear wheels are the biggest B****h because the hub doesn't have much of a lip for the wheel to sit on. If I'm doing it by myself it's almost impossible for me to hold the wheel on the hub, rotate it so I can see the holes, then screw the bolts in without having the wheel come off the hub. If I'm on a lift I can use my foot as a support but even then that's a little interesting.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i know james........i'm gonna talk to them when there done but problem is there already giving me a sponsored discount.....
Old 02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Out Of Control!

Well, the rings don't have to be aligned but the rear wheels are the biggest B****h because the hub doesn't have much of a lip for the wheel to sit on. If I'm doing it by myself it's almost impossible for me to hold the wheel on the hub, rotate it so I can see the holes, then screw the bolts in without having the wheel come off the hub. If I'm on a lift I can use my foot as a support but even then that's a little interesting.
Damn! Sounds like a lot of work just to mount them. I remember the wheel supply using a long piece of bolt just so the rim can sit on the hub while the nuts gets screwed. Worked pretty well too. Wish i have a pic to show you. But it's just a piece of long screw. Nothing fancy.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Out Of Control!

i know james........i'm gonna talk to them when there done but problem is there already giving me a sponsored discount.....
I see what you're saying. At least you got a sponsored discount so it's not so bad. Hopefully they get everything done soon.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Damn! Sounds like a lot of work just to mount them. I remember the wheel supply using a long piece of bolt just so the rim can sit on the hub while the nuts gets screwed. Worked pretty well too. Wish i have a pic to show you. But it's just a piece of long screw. Nothing fancy.
There's my first mistake. I didn't take off the center cap!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Out Of Control!

There's my first mistake. I didn't take off the center cap!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 PM

2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Thumbs up Two long Studs will do it!

I would get two long metric threaded studs or all-thread rod (cut to length) with the correct threads to match the wheel bolts, and screw them loosely into two opposing wheel bolt holes, and then install the wheel spacers, wheel, and the other three wheel bolts snugly, take out the two studs or all thread rods and install the last two wheel bolts. - Bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Night shots of JamE55's Kleemann S8 (56k Nonono)