Permagard paint treatment.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 06:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Permagard paint treatment.

Well I said I would report back on this stuff after a while and well here it is...

Stuff is quite amazing. Instructions are you only jetwash the car with water - no soap to be used. ALL the dirt comes off no need for hand wash what so ever. Wheels come clean too no need for the toxic and corrosive wheel cleaner fluid.

And best of all you dont need to dry it .... just drive off - it drip dries without water marks.

Question now is how long will it last - ... 3 months now and it is as it was when treated. The test car they used this stuff on is 5 years on now and still looks great. My friend who did it on his SL55 also think its amazing.

Stuff is a polymer epoxy which bonds to paint. Its not a wax. Wax sits on top of the paint and gets nice and soft in hot weather trapping the dust. Then when u clean / rewax the car the dreaded swirl marks are engraved into the paint. This was the biggest pain I found with wax. The first treatment made the car look awesome - but any traetment after that the swirlmarks came up...

This Permagard stuff was originally developed for use on aircraft.

So in short recommended. Forget the wax.

Rgds Steve.

P.S. ... before you ask ... NO I am not on commission for any sales !!!!

But for those interested here we go...

http://www.permagard.com/index.html

Last edited by stevebez; 04-06-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
996TT
Originally Posted by stevebez
Well I said I would report back on this stuff after a while and well here it is...

Stuff is quite amazing. Instructions are you only jetwash the car with water - no soap to be used. ALL the dirt comes off no need for hand wash what so ever. Wheels come clean too no need for the toxic and corrosive wheel cleaner fluid.

And best of all you dont need to dry it .... just drive off - it drip dries without water marks.

Question now is how long will it last - ... 3 months now and it is as it was when treated. The test car they used this stuff on is 5 years on now and still looks great. My friend who did it on his SL55 also think its amazing.

Stuff is a polymer epoxy which bonds to paint. Its not a wax. Wax sits on top of the paint and gets nice and soft in hot weather trapping the dust. Then when u clean / rewax the car the dreaded swirl marks are engraved into the paint. This was the biggest pain I found with wax. The first treatment made the car look awesome - but any traetment after that the swirlmarks came up...

This Permagard stuff was originally developed for use on aircraft.

So in short recommended. Forget the wax.

Rgds Steve.

P.S. ... before you ask ... NO I am not on commission for any sales !!!!

But for those interested here we go...

http://www.permagard.com/index.html
Where to buy it and did you apply it yourself?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Cannot apply yourself there is a 4-5 hour curing time and then car is machine buffed.

Best bet is to follow the URL ... not sure about availability in US, but seems they are looking for agents / distributors... Sorry!

Rgds Steve.