W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has dragged at a higher altitude here....just curious.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Who has dragged at a higher altitude here....just curious.

Test N Tune is tomorrow and the local track here, but again, it's at 4,300ft here, and the car runs almost a sec slower than you other 55'rs.

Like I said last year, I get out and am kicking the car while the guys at the track are standing around it in worship. It's really weird.

Just wondering if anyone has dragged a little higher altitude. Guess the highest we have on the forum is Vegas at about 2000ft.

Anyway, thinking of swallowing my pride and just going up and having some fun.

12.5 with 12,000$ in mods.....here I come. F'in high altitude!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sold
Dont know if you consider 2800ft high altitude, but I have dragged at palmdale, which is at 2800ft. It is a bit of a heartbreaker, but its also relative to the other cars around. I felt better when I saw new C6 Vettes running 13.9-14.5's.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by Akara1
Dont know if you consider 2800ft high altitude, but I have dragged at palmdale, which is at 2800ft. It is a bit of a heartbreaker, but its also relative to the other cars around. I felt better when I saw new C6 Vettes running 13.9-14.5's.
Yeah, the best I've done at LACR (Palmdale) is 12.3 - 12.4. I have also come to the realization that street tires suck.

Jackpro, I posted this a while back in another thread, but it might give you some theoretical idea of what your car would do once you come down off of the mountain:

You can find out the approximate temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure (based on zip code) of the track (look for the historical data for the date and approximate time of your run) here: www.wunderground.com

Take that information, together with the track's elevation and your actual ET and trap and enter it here: www.modulardepot.com/density.php

Based upon this information, it is claims to calculate the Density Altitude and gives you a "corrected" ET and trap speed for sea level.

Realizing that this is a mathematical model, I have no idea if it is realistic or accurate. But, maybe, it would give you some idea.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
Originally Posted by lbE55
Based upon this information, it is claims to calculate the Density Altitude and gives you a "corrected" ET and trap speed for sea level.
Just found one of my old print-outs from this website. Using temp of 78 degrees, humidity of 28%, altitude of 2710 ft, and baro pressure of 29.6 inches, it calculated a Density Altitude of 5026 ft.

My real (actual) numbers on that run were 12.6 at 110 and it calculated theoretical numbers at sea level of 11.8 at 117.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:16 PM

Sold
This is taken directy from LACR's website:

Altitude Correction
LACR is 2,710 ft. above sea level.
To figure the altitude factor the formula is as follows:
ET: multiply your et (at LACR) by .97
MPH: multiply your mph (at LACR) by 1.03
This will give you the ET & MPH at sea level.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Test N Tune is tomorrow and the local track here, but again, it's at 4,300ft here, and the car runs almost a sec slower than you other 55'rs.

Like I said last year, I get out and am kicking the car while the guys at the track are standing around it in worship. It's really weird.

Just wondering if anyone has dragged a little higher altitude. Guess the highest we have on the forum is Vegas at about 2000ft.

Anyway, thinking of swallowing my pride and just going up and having some fun.

12.5 with 12,000$ in mods.....here I come. F'in high altitude!!!
I think that is very respectable for that altitude. And for the smart guys who know their stuff, they will know your car can run faster. They will know that the altitude affects their car and they will know the true potential of your beast I have ran at palmdale a couple times and I believe the altitude up there is something like 2700ft above? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Happy hunting!~!