Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 K1
Exclamation What is causing this problem?

I just picked up my 2003 E55 after electrical failure. MB said the problem was some kind of voltage regulator which had been recalled. When I picked up the car, the supercharger did not seem to engage and the car had no power. Never had this problem before, not even with heat sink problems others complain about. I took the car back to MB and watched them work on it. Diagonostics did not reveal any problem. Supercharger belt was running and supercharger clutch was engaging, or at least that is what MB said. MB said if supercharger was not working properly diagnostics would have revealed the problem.

MB says that they also installed new software and that the new software had to "learn how I drive" and that this would take a couple of days. Sounds like a crock to me, but what can I do? I will give it a day or so then return car. I already have gone 15 miles and the car is still a slug.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Coalman; 04-26-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Coalman
I just picked up my 2003 E55 after electrical failure. MB said the problem was some kind of voltage regulator which had been recalled. When I picked up the car, the supercharger did not seem to engage and the car had no power. Never had this problem before, not even with heat sink problems others complain about. I took the car back to MB and watched them work on it. Diagonostics did not reveal any problem. Supercharger belt was running and supercharger clutch was engaging, or at least that is what MB said. MB said if supercharger was not working properly diagnostics would have revealed the problem.

MB says that they also installed new software and that the new software had to "learn how I drive" and that this would take a couple of days. Sounds like a crock to me, but what can I do? I will give it a day or so then return car. I already have gone 15 miles and the car is still a slug.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
YEs ECU does learn your style of driving, give it few days and drive it like you usually do this way you will get best out of it.