Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Road Hazard Program

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Road Hazard Program

Any of you guys have Tire Racks' Tire Road Hazard Program? Is it worth it or is it just another way for them to make alttile extra money
Old 05-04-2006, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 SL600
Well, they sell insurance because it makes them money, which means their payout is less than what they take in. As a rule of thumb, I always decide if it's going to affect me financially, if I have to repurchase the item (oh, say my house or my E55!). If the amount of the item is small enough, then why a pay a premium to insure it? Odds are that the amount you save in store-bought insurance for your tires, TV, vaccuum, etc. etc. will cost you more than the occasional incident where you have to replace one of those items.

Of course, if you're going to be lighting them up on a bed of nails, that's a different story.

Last edited by metalica_23; 05-04-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Originally Posted by metalica_23
Well, they sell insurance because it makes them money, which means their payout is less than what they take in. As a rule of them, I always decide if it's going to affect me financially, if I have to repurchase the item (oh, say my house or my E55!). If the amount of the item is small enough, then why a pay a premium to insure it? Odds are that the amount you save in store-bought insurance for your tires, TV, vaccuum, etc. etc. will cost you more than the occasional incident where you have to replace one of those items.

Of course, if you're going to be lighting them up on a bed of nails, that's a different story.
I agree. Chances are, on an E55, you're going to wear out your tires well before you find a nail in your sidewall