W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Adding a new stable mate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2006 | 09:28 PM

07 ML63; 05 E55 (sold)
Adding a new stable mate

Picking up a new 06 Cayenne S for the wife tomorrow. I had never sat in one or driven in one until we were looking at some ML's and my wife said lets go check out those Cayennes. I, but more importantly she was in love. Works for me. Beats another RX330. Wife wasn't interested in the ML63 or the Cayenne Turbo...oh well, I like the fact she appreciates P cars now. Now she's primed for the news that the 997 turbo is next on my list.

Any forum members have any experience with the Cayenne S they'd like to share?
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I had a Cayenne S for about six months after my C55 went to the big parking lot in the sky

I absolutely loved the way that car drove, but i quickly realized that i wasn't an SUV person so i traded it in for my E55. I have nothing but good things to say about that car. The interior finish was first class & the car felt like a tank. You've made a great choice!

Last edited by MiamiAMG; 05-09-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2006 | 01:19 PM

Mercedes-Benz
We test drove a pepper S when we were considering a new car. I have to say it is the best handling SUV I've ever driven. Even though most purists think that car should have never been made, it doesn't embarrass the Porsche moniker. Congrats
Old 05-09-2006 | 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I owned one until I got an offer that I couldn't refuse...

Not sure whether you've picked one up already... but for me, Air suspension, NAV, memory seat (not sure why don't make this standard), xenon are a must.

Power is OK... not that impressive for V8... but definitely worth the $$$ to upgrade from V6 engine... I myself certainly prefer a lightly used CTT than CS (that's one of the thing I regretted when I had CS ). You could get a lightly used CTT for almost the same price as fully loaded CS.

Drivability... this is the one that I didn't expect from an SUV... you certainly feel confident tossing it around (well, not as confident as driving an AMG sedan... but way more confident than tossing ML's).

Fit & Finish... I think it's OK... could be better... the spare cover is the one that's the most annoying... rattle from month 1.

Anyway, post pics once you've got it...
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
i have a Cayenne Turbo now for 5 months (wife's car) and the acceleration is awesome. unfortunately, i'm not an SUV guy so i don't drive it much.