W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

New to the family...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2006 | 05:21 PM

'05 E55
New to the family...

Ok, so I know it's not cool to post for the first time without pics of the new beast - I will have some on by tomorrow - anyway, traded in my '04 M3 SMG after about 4 issues with the SMG - also, just needed a change of scenary (new dash etc) - got me an '05 E55 - black/black - 17k miles - fully loaded except Distronic. The acceleration on this car just blows me apart, and it's totally stock - now, here's the newbie questions - which is the best chip/ best bang for my buck? I'm also thinking about 19" HRE's - I love the 847 series...and I need to clear out the side markers - which is the best online store for these goodies? Also, without going HID, is there a decent match for the fogs and the xenons?
btw - I did search and got back plenty of stuff I was not interested in, so I figured I'd post just my pertinant questions....
TiA
Old 05-15-2006 | 05:47 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Welcome. I'm new to the board and family as well. I still need to get off my duff and get some photos posted. Looking forward to seeing your ride.
Old 05-15-2006 | 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MadibaE55
Ok, so I know it's not cool to post for the first time without pics of the new beast - I will have some on by tomorrow - anyway, traded in my '04 M3 SMG after about 4 issues with the SMG - also, just needed a change of scenary (new dash etc) - got me an '05 E55 - black/black - 17k miles - fully loaded except Distronic. The acceleration on this car just blows me apart, and it's totally stock - now, here's the newbie questions - which is the best chip/ best bang for my buck? I'm also thinking about 19" HRE's - I love the 847 series...and I need to clear out the side markers - which is the best online store for these goodies? Also, without going HID, is there a decent match for the fogs and the xenons?
btw - I did search and got back plenty of stuff I was not interested in, so I figured I'd post just my pertinant questions....
TiA
You mention chips alot in your post but as far as chips go, there are little to no options for this car. Although members have installed some, the feedback is usually poor and there is often lasting problems. The equivalent of a chip in this car is an ECU flash and remapping which is what companies like Kleemann and Renntech do - but if you did a search then you already know this.

As for getting clear corners - DONT. Talk to steve (MBenzNL) about ordering some European impact strips. They have no reflectors altogether and they look muuuuchhh better. Fogs and Xenons are usually done with PIAA. I say keep searching before you make any decisions - the more you know about what you are doing, the happier you will be with the decisions you make. Hope this helps. Enjoy
Old 05-15-2006 | 09:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Welcome....check our list of sponsors for some vendors of goodies!! They are GREAT!!