Sponsored by:

Front seat switcheroo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
Front seat switcheroo?

I've noticed the early formation of deep wrinkes on the driver's seat around the lumbar support. I've noticed similar formations around my eyes, but that's another story.

I looked over and noticed a pristine passenger seat and wondered... Is it possible, and easy, to swap the front seats? Driver's to passenger's? Aside from the front controls, are they otherwise totally symetrical? Do the connectors match? I'd be fine with the controls being on the 'wrong' side, but maybe they are switchable also? This would immensely prolong the lifespan of the interior for me, as I'm alomst always solo. Brackets look identical to me, but I didn't get too deep into 'em...

Curious if anyone has contempated this poor man's solution. Seems kind of elegant if not a bit cheap

Skeeter
Old 05-17-2006, 02:50 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
The seatbelts will be on the opposite side. I too have a deep wrinkle on the drivers seatback, the leather actually pushed and folded over creating a 4 inch long half inch wide flap. I was albe to push and pull the flap out but it left a nice crease! Car only has 500 miles.

Last edited by RJC; 05-17-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I imagine if both seats are the same all you have to do is swap the seat frame and harness for it to work.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Skeeter
I've noticed the early formation of deep wrinkes on the driver's seat around the lumbar support. I've noticed similar formations around my eyes, but that's another story.

I looked over and noticed a pristine passenger seat and wondered... Is it possible, and easy, to swap the front seats? Driver's to passenger's? Aside from the front controls, are they otherwise totally symetrical? Do the connectors match? I'd be fine with the controls being on the 'wrong' side, but maybe they are switchable also? This would immensely prolong the lifespan of the interior for me, as I'm alomst always solo. Brackets look identical to me, but I didn't get too deep into 'em...

Curious if anyone has contempated this poor man's solution. Seems kind of elegant if not a bit cheap

Skeeter

Side Air Bags are located in the seat. Might want to leave those on the outside of the seat and just go for new seat leather. Ask for it under warranty. I had my passenger seat leather replaced due to fading and cracking and will have the drivers seat done next.