Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renntech: Buy now Pay Later program

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honduh, bimmer, bEnz, ferrari and etc
maybe i am misunderstanding something here, or maybe some ppl have personal beef with the vendor that i am not aware of ...

otherwise, if i am understanding this correctly, a 3 month delay of payment is being offered. whats wrong with that?? why would anyone wants to pay for something today if it can be paid 3 months later for the exact same price??

i can pay $5k for mods today, i can pay $12k to book my F1 GP shanghai pkg today, i can pay $200k to buy a car today ... but if they let me have the goods today and hold my money for 3 months, why wouldn't I do it?? any money kept in my hand can be used to make more money.
i do not understand why anyone would reject a internet-free offer, why? so u look like a playa who can afford things today on the spot?

enlighten me pls.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by toro4me
maybe i am misunderstanding something here, or maybe some ppl have personal beef with the vendor that i am not aware of ...

enlighten me pls.
No beef at all with the vendor. Just don't like the spam... I get enough of it in my inbox. Have you looked at the other categories? Same offer exists in every single one of them. In my humble opinion, it's a bit pathetic and obnoxious.

Like another poster suggested, these spam-like posts might actually hurt Kronen's potential business from this board.

Last edited by dragonAMG; 05-24-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by dragonAMG
No beef at all with the vendor. Just don't like the spam... I get enough of it in my inbox. Have you looked at the other categories? Same offer exists in every single one of them. In my humble opinion, it's a bit pathetic and obnoxious.
can you enlighten me why its considered spam?

you see, i heard more than several times in this thread that "if we can afford a 90k car, we can yada yada yada ...".
so, i assume that all of you with a 90k car, will have a money market account. for most of the brokage firm today, a 3 month CD in your money market acct gives a 4% return.

if u are to do a 20k renntech stage whatever pkg, and if you can delay payment for 3 months and put it in the 3 moth CD in the money market, thats $200 in your pocket, for free. i know, its not even a nice meal for one person at a decent restaurant, but its free money.
any wealthy person will tell you a dollar saved is a dollar made.

i understand many promotions have tricks and catches, but if its a true interest free loan, i do not see why anyone should not take it.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
That is hilarious!!! LOL

Not to be a d!ck, but who in their right mind would finance their mods? It's bad enough financing a depreciating asset (the car).

This is something I've wanted to say for a while...

Moderators -- unless it's a group buy or a deal that is actually a deal, can we keep these solicitations to a minimum? Everyday Kronen is posting a solicitation for something or other in every single forum category (effectively spamming). Shouldn't these types of threads be in the classified or announcements sections? Is there a critical need to duplicate the thread in every single category? It would be a shame if it got to the point where every other thread was a sponsor trying to sell something. In a way, it's a bit patethic. You don't see the big companies like Kleemann, Evosport, etc. posting deals everyday... IMO it's getting a bit obnoxious. Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, I just wanted to state my opinion because like I said, it would be a real shame to see this board go downhill.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 SL600
can you enlighten me why its considered spam?
Sure, let me enlighten. www.dictionary.com:

spam ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spm)
n.
a canned meat made largely from pork

oops. sorry...wrong definition...let's try again...

n.
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

Hmmm....sounds like spam to me. Sure, I'd love to have $200. Heck, I went to a different site to save $4 on my K&N filters. I think the point is more or less, that if I wanted to see this deal, I'll go find it where it should be listed vs. having it be here where I'm not looking for a sales pitch.

Last edited by metalica_23; 05-24-2006 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by metalica_23
Sure, let me enlighten. www.dictionary.com:

n.
a canned meat made largely from pork

oops. sorry...wrong definition...let's try again...

n.
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

Hmmm....sounds like spam to me. Sure, I'd love to have $200. Heck, I went to a different site to save $4 on my K&N filters. I think the point is more or less, that if I wanted to see this deal, I'll go find it where it should be listed vs. having it be here where I'm not looking for a sales pitch.
toro4me -- consider yourself enlightened!

thanks metalica_23!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:23 AM

CLS55
All due respect and not intending to **** anyone off, I agree with dragon on this one. There are enough meaningless posts on this board. Back when I had a bimmer and frequented roadfly, one would be banned for such postings.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
you know...fried , served on toast with some mayo, lettuce and tomato is quite tasty
Old 05-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Whether or not the post is worthy is purely subjective. I can only imagine that Adam is smiling as all the posts (including mine) get him a free bump to the top of the list. I am sure the masses here do not need nor will take part in 90 days free interest but there are a few out there that may just bite. Kronen pays a fee to sponsor this site which keeps it running. If they get more business out of it then their money is well spent but if it hurts them then its a marketing lesson.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Originally Posted by Vic55
Kronen pays a fee to sponsor this site which keeps it running.
I agree that paying this fee warrants them the right to advertise, but I think it needs to be kept within reason. If advertisements cloud up the forum such that the users cannot enjoy the discussions, then the users will leave make the advertisers money ill spent
Old 05-24-2006, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Brunelleschi
I agree that paying this fee warrants them the right to advertise, but I think it needs to be kept within reason. If advertisements cloud up the forum such that the users cannot enjoy the discussions, then the users will leave make the advertisers money ill spent
Old 05-24-2006, 03:06 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods

if u are to do a 20k renntech stage whatever pkg, and if you can delay payment for 3 months and put it in the 3 moth CD in the money market, thats $200 in your pocket, for free. i know, its not even a nice meal for one person at a decent restaurant, but its free money.

Wow a whole $200.00 for submitting my personal information! No thanks
Old 05-24-2006, 03:32 PM

2005 E55, 1959 220s Cabriolet, some other stuff too...
When I have to spend my valuable time reading through all this crap in the thread, I can tell you I will not be spending any money with Kronen now or anytime in the future. This just junks this board up.

With this kind of thing, everyone loses. We lose the time in reading this crap, and they lose sales. Spam is Spam. Whether they pay or not, I do not want to see this nonsense in every single forum. This is not good exposure for them.

Good exposure is providing good tech support and answering questions on the board. Maybe providing a white paper on a mod and the results you can expect. Getting involved with members. Building rapport and relationships. Not spamming the board with 90 day same as cash "stealership-type" messages. It is completely rediculous.

When is the last time you saw Mercedes advertise 0% financing deals? Never, huh? Maybe they know something about their demographic, and maybe Kronen should take notes.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
someone give abalto his 5 min back please...
Old 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by abalto
When is the last time you saw Mercedes advertise 0% financing deals? Never, huh? Maybe they know something about their demographic, and maybe Kronen should take notes.
so you are saying, MB never offers 0% financing deals, is because they know their demographic buyers will not take it even if it were offered???
Old 05-24-2006, 03:52 PM

2005 E55, 1959 220s Cabriolet, some other stuff too...
so you are saying, MB never offers 0% financing deals, is because they know their demographic buyers will not take it even if it were offered???
You are missing the point. They don't have to. Neither does Kronen. Are they selling TV's to the lower class market or performance mods to people that have $60k - $130k cars?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:22 PM

'06 SL600
You are missing the point. They don't have to. Neither does Kronen. Are they selling TV's to the lower class market or performance mods to people that have $60k - $130k cars?
Exactly. People looking for these mods (at least on THIS car) aren't going to make a decision based on $200 (which, if we're splitting hairs, is actually even less in real dollars if you take the present value...). This whole thread should be enough to convince a business man to be careful.

However, I could still be completely wrong. If someone bought their e55 products because they read this post on the e55 board, I'd appreciate hearing their scenario. We all have to remember that not just e55 owners read this board (which many will attest to). So, although the response from w211 owners may not be great, there may be someone who owns a '98 C class, that would like to do mods. Will they see it on the C class board? Yeah, probably. But this helps ensure that those people catch the message before it bumps down...Whether a sponsor should spam or not...well, that's a whole other ballgame...

Last edited by metalica_23; 05-24-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:35 PM

You are missing the point. They don't have to.
do not take this personal, because its not, but i am simply amazed by the logic here.

why wouldn't ppl take MB 0% internet financing if it were available??? i know, they do not NEED it. but 90k price tag at 3 yrs interest free, is like $15G+ free money, why wouldn't anyone WANT 15G of saving?? are you kidding??

MB does not offer interest free, matter of fact their rate has always been high, especial on leasing, is because they know the cars will sell anyway, they do not need to cut their profit and offer incentive to buyers. NOT because they think no one will take it because every buyer can put up $90k cash upfront anyway.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 PM

'06 SL600
do not take this personal, because its not, but i am simply amazed by the logic here.

why wouldn't ppl take MB 0% internet financing if it were available??? i know, they do not NEED it. but 90k price tag at 3 yrs interest free, is like $15G+ free money, why wouldn't anyone WANT 15G of saving?? are you kidding??

MB does not offer interest free, matter of fact their rate has always been high, especial on leasing, is because they know the cars will sell anyway, they do not need to cut their profit and offer incentive to buyers. NOT because they think no one will take it because every buyer can put up $90k cash upfront anyway.
Hey toro4me, I think you missed the point again. What abalto was saying was:

"They don't need to." = "MB does not need to offer 0% financing, because they sell cars regardless of those type of offers."

Of course, having said that we're back to speaking strictly of a brand new E55. Switch the conversation to a basic version of the C class, or a used car (since Kronen doesn't just mod new cars) and you have a much broader audience.

Of course, I'm one of the people that jumped on the E55 solely because of the 3% lease deal, so maybe the E55 doesn't even count! Trying to convince my wife to spend $1k/month was a whole lot easier than $1.5k/month.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sold - w211 e320, f250, rx7 race car
Buy now pay in 90 days same as cash is an excellent deal no matter how much you have or make. Any business savvy individual knows this. I don't have an E55 right now, just a low mileage 2003 E320 but I may pick one up when my warranty runs out next year. I could afford an E55 right now but prefer to focus on building net worth through investments. I don't know Adam, never spoken to him or Kronen… heck I'm in Texas of all places and left CA in ’95 where the majority of the board seems to be from.

He took a beating for posting this thread. His recent Renntech deck lid thread was overwhelmingly popular with everyone wanting one. The recent salary survey showed 17% of the E55 members to make less than $100k....there is a market on this forum for financing obviously, whether one pays it off in 90 days interest free or takes the sky high interest rates that will kick in. With the $1000/month recent lease promotion on the E55 many who could not afford one before now could. Someone making $30k/yr and living at home with the parents could drive one. I wonder how many people have paid for mod’s with a credit card? I’d be curious to know how many rent vs. own their housing…

Either way, if you make $30k/yr or $30M/yr, 90 days same as cash is a great deal. Just my 2 cents worth....no offense to anyone…
Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mbuskuhl
Either way, if you make $30k/yr or $30M/yr, 90 days same as cash is a great deal. Just my 2 cents worth....no offense to anyone…
Amen.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:26 PM
JLP

After seeing toro4me's sig pictures I have completely forgotten about this lame thread..........Hey toro does your name have anything to do with "toro" sashimi??? Probably my favourite sushi even though its beaucoup l'argent.

Last edited by JLP; 05-24-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by JLP
After seeing toro4me's sig pictures I have completely forgotten about this lame thread..........Hey toro does your name have anything to do with "toro" sashimi??? Probably my favourite sushi even though its beaucoup l'argent.
yes, i LOVE fatty tuna, that's my favor sashimi.
only few joints here in NYC fly the stuff in though, rest of the places sell you that "half-toro" or "white tuna" crap.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:48 AM
JLP

Nice choice in cars, women and sushi............good stuff!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:08 PM

The real Thing It is the Renntech Credit Card with Credit Lines up to $100,000

Renntech Credit Card Credit line up to $100,000
That is hilarious!!! LOL

Not to be a d!ck, but who in their right mind would finance their mods? It's bad enough financing a depreciating asset (the car).

This is something I've wanted to say for a while...

Moderators -- unless it's a group buy or a deal that is actually a deal, can we keep these solicitations to a minimum? Everyday Kronen is posting a solicitation for something or other in every single forum category (effectively spamming). Shouldn't these types of threads be in the classified or announcements sections? Is there a critical need to duplicate the thread in every single category? It would be a shame if it got to the point where every other thread was a sponsor trying to sell something. In a way, it's a bit patethic. You don't see the big companies like Kleemann, Evosport, etc. posting deals everyday... IMO it's getting a bit obnoxious. Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, I just wanted to state my opinion because like I said, it would be a real shame to see this board go downhill.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Renntech: Buy now Pay Later program