Sponsored by:

'06 Stock performance numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 SL600
'06 Stock performance numbers

Has anyone ever used an accelerometer to perform 0-60(mph/ft), 1/4 mile times? I have a stretch of highway that actually is pretty straight. I've done a couple of test runs, but was going to do a bunch of different runs - esp on/off, different suspension settings, different tranny settings, preload or not - and post the times. I'm leary of running so many 1/4 mile runs on the highway, but I may at least get all the 0-60(mph/ft) figures. I'm guessing if I run with esp off, in sport mode, with the suspension in comfort, and preloading (not sure where the brakes will finally fail?), I'll get my fastest time.

I was actually surprised by how much the A/C sucks out of the car. I did a few runs at lunch today and I was able to hit 4.59/4.61 with just a generic WOT launch. When I had the A/C on both times were 4.81. This was with esp off, tranny in sport mode and suspension in sport II.

Anyway, just curiuos if I'm duplicating work on a stock car (stock plus K&N actually) or if people would be interested for me to post.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by metalica_23
Has anyone ever used an accelerometer to perform 0-60(mph/ft), 1/4 mile times? I have a stretch of highway that actually is pretty straight. I've done a couple of test runs, but was going to do a bunch of different runs - esp on/off, different suspension settings, different tranny settings, preload or not - and post the times. I'm leary of running so many 1/4 mile runs on the highway, but I may at least get all the 0-60(mph/ft) figures. I'm guessing if I run with esp off, in sport mode, with the suspension in comfort, and preloading (not sure where the brakes will finally fail?), I'll get my fastest time.

I was actually surprised by how much the A/C sucks out of the car. I did a few runs at lunch today and I was able to hit 4.59/4.61 with just a generic WOT launch. When I had the A/C on both times were 4.81. This was with esp off, tranny in sport mode and suspension in sport II.

Anyway, just curiuos if I'm duplicating work on a stock car (stock plus K&N actually) or if people would be interested for me to post.
Do it! Your biggest variable will be you 60' launch, not your A/C!
If you can get 1.8 sec/60' , you will do close to 4.2 sec 60mph.
I did mine on the Gtech Pro RR and wit a bad launch (2.25sec/60') clocked
0-62.5mph/0-100kph 4.7 sec seven times in a row. That is equivalent to 4.45sec 0-60.All with ESP on. ESP OFF =fishtail for 50'
When I used the G Tech at the drags, all my accelerometer times were 1-3% lower than the official times. This surprisers me as they should have been the other way around. G tech starts as the car moves forward from rest whilst the timing machine starts a little later ,only when you cross the line, effectively a rolling start.